“Fantastic!”

Holy Tomato
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Blackwood
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: We are a small, BYOB, Dinner-Only establishment run by a family of four women (Mom & Three Sisters), and our amazing employees who we consider family. Please join us and let us proudly serve you our thin-crust tomato pies, fresh salads and homemade desserts.
Nutley, New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I'm from North Jersey so my opinion on pizza is very biased. We were in South Jersey for an overnight stay and my husband found this place during an online search. The atmosphere is great - like being in a friend's kitchen. The menu is all about their thin crust pizza and toppings. We opted for the Buffalo Chicken pie and OH MY GOODNESS! It was simply amazing!
Just be aware that it is cash only. But that's a-okay with me. Can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joanna S

Blackwood, New Jersey
“One of a Kind Pizza and Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Alfred's Pizza is outstanding. Service is always excellent. The house salad is one of the best salads that we've ever tasted. An owner is always on premise. You're never rushed. Bring your own wine and truly enjoy your dinner. Mom's homemade desserts are exceptional.

Visited March 2014
“Unique experience and pizza to die for”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying the waitress we had was exceptional! Very personal and polite service! Not crazy about the plastic plates and cups but it won't deter me from going back. The atmosphere is very "kitch" and mismatched but I loved it! It's bright and warm... Doesn't feel stuffy. Now let's talk food... The salad was all it's cracked up to be and so was the margarita pizza! To too it all off, it's BYOB! It's a must try!

• Visited October 2013
Beachwood, New Jersey
“very disappointing considering the reviews.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The good: The salad for 2 easily fed 5 of us. It was tasty and fresh.
The bad: We ordered 3 pies, a plain and a white pie with broccoli. The white pie was barely OK, not much taste. The plain pie had maybe an ounce and a half of cheese on it, meaning each slice had a tiny dribble, The sauce tasted to me like it came out of a jar. We ordered a thin pie crisp. At least it came that way. I'd try other places in the area before I went back here.

• Visited September 2013
NJ
“Pizza and salad to die for”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I recently went to Alfred's for the food for a family evening birthday party. We had heard about the pizza from our son and were anxious to try it. WOW! We were really impressed. We got several pizzas and their salad. The pizza was one of the best we have ever had. The crust was very crispy and the ingredients were supperb. The salad was absolutely fantastic. We will be making this fine establishment a regular visit. Very high recommendation from us.

• Visited September 2013