“Not bad, not great (based on the big picture)”
Review of Thai Ping

Thai Ping
Ranked #24 of 56 Restaurants in Boonton
“Not bad, not great (based on the big picture)”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Food is above average, meaning it's somewhat authentic. As everyone states, they tend to go overboard on their heat. Be forewarned-- you may wish to push those tiny little green peppers to the side, or you may suffer later... LOL

I'm a local in the neighborhood, and am glad they're here, but their prices are realistically ~ 25% more than they should be. I'm trying to be fair.... If they would cut the prices I think they would increase their customers greatly. Hopefully they will read this, and maybe try something promotional during the week or something. After all, how expensive are noodles and bulk purchased chicken (the main staple of their menu)?!?!

I have also tried other Thai restaurants in the area, and find them just as good (see Thai Chef in Denville and Origins in Morristown)
The athmosphere is 'authentic' Thai in Boonton; not fancy, slightly above average, lots of painted wood and local decorations.

I like the option of BYOB, but wasn't aware of the corking fee-- that's a total joke.

People are not going to put up with over priced food, and ridiculous cork fees- they will go elsewhere, or do take out-- but these are NOT takeout prices-- hence, you will not need a reservation.

After all my negative comments, I still recommend this place. I would frequent it more if they would lower their prices. Again, order 'medium' if you're tolerance is well above average. Hope you enjoy it!

1 Thank ame_junglecat

Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Always a good dinner here.”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We have eaten many time at Thai Ping--it is consistently on target and the service is always good. We have been to many Thai places over the years and are always satisfied with our visits to Thai Ping.
Bring your own booze, relax, and enjoy the food prepared for you. When ordering, be specific about what you are looking for when it comes to spices, the "medium" can be pretty hot sometimes.
This is a good place, prices are fair.

• Visited December 2010
Wharton, New Jersey
“DO NOT CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Went to this restaurant 1st time and ordered mild Pad Thai. It was great. It did not taste like ANY hot spice was added AT ALL which was good because it was my first time eating Thai. Went 2nd time and decided to order Medium. Wrong Wrong Wrong. It was SO hot I had to force myself to eat 3 bites. When hostess came around and ask how it was I said WAY TOO HOT. Instead of apologizing and offering another dish or something!...She asked if I would like it wrapped and suggested to microwave it the next day and it would be less spicy. $50 and no food in my stomach.
Then upon entering they graciously ask if you would like your wine opened before you are even seated or look at the menu. Then I was charged a $5 bottling fee. When I questioned the fee they said it was 'for opening my wine and the glasses' they gave me to use. As if I wasnt already unhappy about the food I couldnt eat...
They did however offer me free sticky rice for dessert. It was literally a scoop!
If a similiar experience happens to you...DO NOT ACCEPT THE FREE RICE. Then ended up throwing that in my face. When I complained about not being warned how spicy medium was (after us they warned the guest seated after us and we overheard) and complained about the bottling fee they threw at us how they gave us a free scoop of sticky rice. Geez thanks....We had to eat something didnt we???
Unfortunate because Boonton Main St in such a quaint area. This place does not understand true customer service. WIll never recommend this restaurant again based soley on this last evening here.

Visited January 2011
Boonton, New Jersey
“Save your money.....first and last”
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I just ordered from this place and the food is awful.....my pad khing was too salty, my boyfriend ordered Pad seeyu (sp) and it was extremely oily we could smell the oil. This place is expensive and not worth it at all. If you are going to spend the money I would recommend in the area, Sogo in Denville (Asian Fusion) or Pat Thai in Lake Hiawatha. Do not go with the online prices either those are very old.

Boonton
“Excellent, fresh food”
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Have eaten there several times in the past month - have enjoyed every dish. Things are spicy, so if you dont like spice, be sure to order mild. Their version of "medium" is very spicy.