“Great Hotel with a great staff~”

Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Not much in the area but the hotel was great, I liked the full kitchen & the store down by the lobby the room was clean & quiet. The staff was great, all very friendly & helpful. I checked in around 2am & the girl working the front desk was so sweet & bubbly, even gave me a gift bag upon check in. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a very good property that seems to suffer from "low quality" guests. I had my room moved because of noisy neighbors and a barking dog (yes, the Candlewood is pet friendly) Once my room was moved I had no other issues.

I stayed in room 317 a double/double bedded room. The room was fairly clean and fresh looking. Each unit has a mini kitchen with stove top, micro, 15 cf refrigerator and dishwasher. All counters in kitchen and bath are solid surface which look nice.

PRO's

32" flat screen TV with DVD player. They have movies to rent downstairs
Full Kitchen to make your own meals
comfortable beds, decent pillows. Some felt cheap/lumpy
Nice bathroom with tile floor and solid surface counters.
Price

CON's

Common areas not as clean
Hallways are humid and stuffy
Pets?

Overall I would give this property an 88/100 and 90/100 for value. I would consider staying here in the future. BEWARE of your neighbors....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed here using Priority Club Points. It was a good deal for the number of points. Had a 1 bedroom suite -- not a huge bedroom but fine with comfortable bedding. Full kitchen that i didn't use. This is an extended stay property that does not give you breakfast in the morning. I'll stay at a Candlewood Suites again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unfortunately there are not a lot of quality choices in the Bordentown area and Candlewood is no different. Many of the washers/dryers were not operating. Cleanliness was average at best, poor in the common areas. Noisy neighbors didn't help and the cursory cleaning once a week was average also. Bed was fairly comfortable, tv was small and didnt fit the room. I rate this hotel average at best and wouldn't go out of my way to stay there should I return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank USAlooper
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear USAlooper,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over some of the facilities which are not working. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My boyfriend’s son was playing in a soccer tournament in Bordentown over the weekend. He had an early game on Sunday at 8:25 AM, so instead of driving and hour and a half to get there, we decided to stay overnight. The hotel was very easy to get to and only 2.7 miles from the fields. We arrived on Saturday around12:30, but our room wasn't ready yet. So we grabbed a bite to eat and went to his soccer game. We came back to the hotel around 2:30 and our room was ready. The room was VERY clean and spacious. I liked the refrigerator and microwave. It was very convenient since we had leftovers from lunch. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it appeared to be brand new or very well maintained. We asked for extra pillows around 9:30 PM and they arrived within 5 minutes. I was very satisfied with this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no pool, only a workout room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

When you consider staying at any Candlewood, know the hotel chain before you book your room. Read about the amenities and understand there isn't a daily room cleaning, free breakfast or a doorman... If privacy, a clean studio apartment, pool and fitness center is what you want then stay here. Otherwise stay somewhere else.

As Candlewood Suites go, this is one of the best I've stayed in. Larger than most with a very well stocked "Candlewood Cupboard". Very friendly staff. Typically the rates are among the least expensive in the region. Nothing bad to report here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I travel almost 70% and stay at a Hilton or Marriott for the most part with exceptions for conferences or meetings in required locations. This was the meeting with others from out of the state. I was unable to book the Hilton and had to stay at the Candlewood as the alternative.
The facility was kept clean but the usual amenities were missing. There is no maid service during a 5 day stay. If you need anything you need to request it and towels or sheets can be exchanged for fresh ones. The steel roller door closed at the desk from evening to morning… The heat/ AC were on an infrared sensor and turned off if you left the room and back on when you returned. The room took 20 minutes or more to heat or cool to level.
Carpet was in need of repair as it had ripples throughout the sleeping area. The kitchen area was a simulated wood. Bathroom lighting was dim. The refrigerator ran nonstop. I did let them know on the second day and no attempt was made to repair while I was there over the last day. Maybe they decided to wait until I checked out.
Pricing was not within $12 of the Hilton down the street so it was not really a deal. Especially if you take advantage of the free breakfast at the Hampton.

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton down the street
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dlee1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Dlee1,

Thank you for your review and enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Days Inn Bordentown
Days Inn Bordentown
#6 of 11 in Bordentown
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville

Been to Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton? Share your experiences!