“Some rooms offer hot tubs! Would stay here again”

Hampton Inn Bordentown
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Some rooms offer hot tubs! Would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We needed a place to stay while visiting family, so weren't looking for anything fancy. We've stayed at Hamptons before and are always pleased with their breakfast options, the comfortable beds, the clean bathrooms, and the little touches like free cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate. This Hampton did not disappoint in any of that. And we were particularly happy to see that this Hampton offers rooms with hot tubs! The hot tub was in the corner by the bed, surrounded by two large mirrors (which made the room look bigger). The tub was large enough for two and very nice! We would definitely stay here again. I didn't give it five stars because this hotel didn't wow me, but neither did I find any fault with it. And if I want a hot tub in the room, I now know where to find one!

Room Tip: Some king-bed rooms offer a corner hot tub.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
SEVERN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Everything about this Hampton was a pleasurable experience. The pool area was well maintained and plenty of towels were available. The breakfast was good and the fruit was very good. The desk clerk gave us an excellent suggestion for a place to eat dinner the night we were there.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I drove into this hotel on my way to the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate New York. It was very much an average hotel. Though I have stayed at Hampton Inns before, this one I found to be more dated then usual, though it screamed 90's hotel. The pool was very nice, and I found the staff to be outstanding. My only other complaint was the breakfast area. Though I know I was traveling on a holiday weekend, the breakfast area looked bigger than it really was. The sitting area was nice, but it took a while to find a seat to sit at. The buffet area looked like it was cramped in a tiny work room, and was transformed for the breakfast area......just because of the size, though the breakfast was very fattening, it was very good. My only concern was the amount of fruits and healthy food, considering the only thing I could find was a yogurt and an apple in the lobby (which tasted very good considering it was spring). The fruit in the breakfast area was always out, and right when it was restocked, it was gone, because there were so many people like me staying there.
It had an excellent location, right off the New Jersey Turnpike, and also close to Philadelphia. The water tasted/looked pretty nasty, but I have had bad experiences with New Jersey water, so this stuff wasn't as bad as other parts of the state.
All in all, decent hotel. Slept ok, and very clean. Area surrounding the hotel was a nice area, and supposedly very close to Six Flags.

Room Tip: Try to request one facing away from the Turnpike. I heard other guests complaining about the noise...
South Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn and found it to be of the quality one comes to expect of the Hilton brand. The rooms were large, clean and well-apportioned and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The hot breakfast was good and the dining area relaxing.

The only downside was that our room was directly adjacent to the nearby intersection which was very noisy. There is a truck service area located behind the hotel and trucks were going in/out very regularly. Although the staff were very nice when we asked to switch rooms, no other rooms were available and they offered us earplugs as an alternative.

Point Pleasant Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I work approx. 45 miles from home. When I need to work late, the weather is bad or have an office function driving home late doesn't cut it. The price to stay over night far exceeds the cost of a room when you add other outside factors. And the fact that you can cancel the room without a surcharge or forfeit of your payment is great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Margaret M
chicago, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was plenty of space in room, and you are not afraid to put your things in the drawers or hang in the closest. The beds are very comfortable and we slept great! The continental breakfast was a bonus. There was a good selection and everything was fresh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jill R
Williamsburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff was wonderful !! They were helpful, accommodating and very friendly. They were eager to please us as patrons and strived to make our Hotel stay a great one. Every staff member down to the janitors and the men fixing the pool were all polite, friendly and hard working. That is extremely important to me as a traveler. A smile goes a long way in this world. Our room was very clean and I love that Hampton Inn cleans their duvet covers unlike other Hotels. It gives you a sense of relief that your not sleeping on someone else's dirty bedding. The bathroom products were Nivea brand which is unheard of in this price range of hotel. The addition of ear plugs (which we didn't need) to the necessities offered was a great option to have. Breakfast was very good, always full and very clean and attended to. The breakfast lady was very nice and polite. I also love the To Go breakfast bags offered at the front desk !! The pool was very warm and clean to our great surprise. My Grandchildren loved it. Even though they closed the pool for most of the day on Sunday to fix some tile work (which we were not happy about) after speaking with the front desk lady she made it happen for us and let us swim to one side so our Grandson wouldn't miss out before he had to return home that evening. We appreciated it so much knowing full well that she could have easily said no... and our day/ Trip would have been ruined. Thank You to her as well as all that helped make that happen for us. My only wish was that more Hampton Inn's have a hot tub for the adults who love to relax in the warm water. The area around the pool was very small and the bathroom was down the hall. I think the Inn should have a bathroom, and shower in the pool room itself for the guests convenience. That way people and their children could shower and change before re entering the main Hotel to return to their room. All in all I would give Bordentown NJ a A+++ for making our stay an excellent one....and I am very picky about Hotels so that says a lot !! Our stay was Sat and Sun. 3/22/23, 2014 - K. B Williamsburg MA

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bordentown
Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Robbinsville
BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn
BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn
#2 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Hampton Inn Bordentown? Share your experiences!