“It's called the "Econo" lodge for a reason”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Judging from some of the reviews that I've read, I really can't tell what some of you are expecting (or thinking). You're paying around $55 for a hotel for one night but yet you're expecting service and amenities of a Hyatt 5 star? You've got to be kidding me. I stay in this hotel at least a couple of times when I visit my girlfriend in NJ, and from what I've seen it's a decent hotel at a decent price. It's not great and it's not lousy, it falls somewhere in between.
If you need a place to rest your head at night for under $60 then you've found the right one. And contrary to popular opinion, I actually like that "continental" breakfast that they serve in the morning. It actually saves my girlfriend and I at least $20 we would have to pluck down somewhere else.
And with regards to the "section 8" comment, I found that claim to be unsubstantiated. I have yet to find anyone that fits the mold of being on section 8 but then again, I'm not looking for that. Some of you go into these hotels looking for "illegal activity" and act surprised when you do find it.

Room Tip: Ask for the $45.99 special posted outside.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seeel6
econolodgebordentown, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for these kind comments from 2011. We should have responded then, but I sincerely thank you for the fair assessment of the property. Since your stay, we’ve made a number of important improvements, and we believe we’re getting better every day. I hope you can stay with us again and experience an even better stay than during this trip.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Horrible Horrible Place to stay unless you are willing to get charged double.

Thought this was a decent place to crash to sleep, well not really when i get charged double, its soooo fu#*!@((@(@ing horrible,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank anniessharebear

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to comments and am sorry that no one responded to you in 2011 when these comments were left. I see no outstanding billing issues on our books, so I’m glad the billing issue was resolved for you. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. Everything, including our customer service and bookkeeping, have been upgraded since your stay.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

We were approached by a prostitute, who was not sober, before we even got our bags out of the car. She wanted to use our cell phone to get in touch who she referred to as her "mobster boyfriend who keeps her room here". We went to the lobby to check in and she followed us, taunting us even though we ignored her. The clerk behind the desk did nothing to stop her from bothering us. We went to our room and found there were no windows and the door didn't lock. At this point it became very clear to us that we were staying in a hotel which was used for prostitution, and there would be no locked doors between us. We went back to the lobby to let the clerk know we weren't going to stay the night. He apologized and offered to put us in another room but we wanted to get as far away from this hotel as possible. He became persistent and I finally had to raise my voice and tell him that there is no way he was going to get us to stay in this hotel. He then told us that we had to call choicehotels to cancel our reservation because they do all their booking through them. When I called the number they said the Econo Lodge had to cancel my reservation, there was nothing they could do. This went on for about a half hour, with this clerk giving us the run around. During this time he also called the police to report that we were being harassed by one of his guests (the woman following us). We just wanted to go to sleep, we didn't want to report anything to the police. But sure enough, we were delayed even further when the police showed up. When I asked the clerk to give me verification that my credit card would not be charged the only thing he gave to me was a faint copy of my credit card receipt with the word VOID written on it. At that point we didn't even care if my card got charged the $75, we just wanted to get out of there. This hotel was not safe and the clientele are extremely shady. Do not stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gmpurple
Reviewed 20 July 2010

When I entered the lobby the placed looked half way decent. The only room they had left was a Jacuzzi room. Once we entered the room it was like a bad movie. The Jacuzzi tub was old and falling apart. The jets in the tub had hair in them and the bed looked like someone had slept in it before we arrived. When I went to complain the receptionist had a completely different attitude from when we checked in. They kept my money even though I was only in the room for a few minutes. Bad customer service and horrible rooms

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ellielaw
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Good location, close to 295 and 95. But that's about all. I'm not terribly picky when it comes to places to stay for one short night, but I wouldnt stay here again. The sheets were noticably dirty upon our arrival, and even I can't accept that. There seem to be plenty of other places around, try one of those.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sensfan878
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Had planned an overnight in or near Philly driving a rental car from DC to NYC and discovered the only decent room available seemed to be a $225 Comfort Inn along the river downtown Philadelphia. Since it was late in the evening and only needed a bed and shower, the Comfort Inn called ahead to Bordenton (south of Trenton) for a room in their Econo Lodge franchise. So the motel had an hour notice we were coming yet our room did not have the air conditioning turned on when it had been 98° that day and our room was like a sauna for about an hour. Not so much saving energy as being cheap. Other than that, a nondescript franchise motel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LarrySTexas
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We checked in and were told to knock before going in because he might have given the room away already. We were to call when we got in the room so he would know we were in. The sheets wouldn't stay on the bed. The shower left much to be desired. I will say that the rooms were clean and that the girl who checked us out was friendly and professional.

3  Thank KDunder