“Recently renovated----NOT” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
LI
“Recently renovated----NOT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've been staying in Bordentown once a week the last few months staying at the Days, Ramada, Comfort, and last night Econolodge. This place was the worse, the two pillows are about 2 inches thick, old, and must have been half dust mites. The blanket was just a bunch of pilled puff blobs, the bed lumpy, the toilet seat half off. I saved a big $9 over the other motels in the area and learned my lesson.

Room Tip: Forget the watered coffee & OJ, go to the diner next door.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rpclancee
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 25 August 2016
I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hamilton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

So, on a whim, my significant other decided to book us a room here; it's close to a good diner. Close to home, too. It was a whim, like I said ;-)
The bed was clean, as was the bathroom. The bed was...bearable...the pillows pathetic (like thick hankies)...but the blanket? Full and I do mean FULL of holes! It was threadbare and wrinkled and did I mention full of holes?
The entertaining part, for it was a chuckle: the replacement the desk clerk brought was a mattress cover.
Replacement #2 was, you guessed it, another mattress cover, this one w/ the requisite elastic corners!
Solution? I picked up a good blanket at home and we spent the night. Note: the first order of business in any hotel (for me) is to remove the bedspread. Ewwww. Ergo, the blanket becomes VERY important.
Ever again though? Not on your life!

Room Tip: Head south to the Best Western.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary W
econolodgebordentown, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sincerely sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel in 2011. Fortunately, we’ve changed and improved in many ways since then, and I hope you’ll try us again if you ever need a place to stay in this area. We’re changing and improving every day, and it shows it every way.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Bordentown hotels

Central Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I made a reservation to stay at this hotel for one night. When we arrived, we noticed the rooms had exterior doors and the website specifically stated there were interior corridors, which I consider a must-have. I went inside to check in and learned there was a building with interior corridors in the back. We checked in and proceeded to our room, which was on the second floor and there were no elevators. Not a big issue, but worth noting. He said the second floor rooms had been recently renovated.

When we entered the building, we did so without a key. So, while it was an interior corridor, there was no controlled entry. The hallway reeked of smoke, even though we were supposedly in a non-smoking area of the hotel. We found the room to be dirty, with what appeared to be coffee sprayed on the wall behind the beds. The a/c unit did not function at all.

We returned to the front desk and requested another room. This time, we had a room in the same building, but on the first floor. The room was filthy, the light flickered on-and-off constantly, and it the beds were doubles instead of queen size.

We checked back out of the hotel. It's worth noting that there was rubbish around the outside of the building, and many items (grates, vents, etc) were in disrepair.

I am appalled that they insisted on making a copy of my driver's license (which is against the law in my own state), and then he refused to return the copy when we checked out.

I would not stay here under any circumstances. I would not recommend it for anyone else, either.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank All50Eventually
Dear Guest,

Thank for you these comments about our property from 2011. We have upgraded every aspect of this property, including our customer service, since that time. While we should have responded to you then, we want you to know that these comments played a role in all our recent improvements, and we hope you will try us again if in the area again. Everything’s different and better now.

North New England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The price was affordable. Rooms were supposedly refurbushed but our rug had a pice of the underpadding cut out from it by the door, not sure what was up with that. The room was realatively clean best as I could tell. There is a whole list of policies at the desk when you check in. Note that you have 15 minutes to accept your room beyond that no refunds. That pretty much tells you all you need to know The building appeared to be a reclaimed barracks. Doesn't seem like it was built as a hotel floors were entirely concrete, some covered with carpet. We won't stay here again. There was an overwhelming smell of cleaning products to the point that it was evident that they were trying to cover another odor. It was a step up from the Days Inn in the same ton but that isn't saying much. Breakfast was english muffins and coffee. If you need a place to sleep for a few hours it will do beyond that look elsewhere.

Room Tip: cheap rates
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine J
Dear Guest,

Thanks for these comments left for us in 2011. We should have responded to you then, but we want you to know that we have improved and changed in many ways since that time. We’re a cleaner, nicer and friendlier hotel than ever before, and we sincerely hope you will try us again. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations in this case however.

Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We rented a jacuzzi suite for a night while we stayed in Jersey for my BF's birthday. Thought it would be relaxing. It wasn't. Bedding was old ratty and very uncomfortable. Pillows were nasty. Jacuzzi needed to be sanitized before i would get in it.... and when you drained it, it would back up water into the bath tub....lovely. All the writing around the hottub of all the couples there before me along with their crude comments was also not very welcoming to me. It was worth a try but i have to say i will not be staying there again.

~Sabs

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BadSatin

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

Judging from some of the reviews that I've read, I really can't tell what some of you are expecting (or thinking). You're paying around $55 for a hotel for one night but yet you're expecting service and amenities of a Hyatt 5 star? You've got to be kidding me. I stay in this hotel at least a couple of times when I visit my girlfriend in NJ, and from what I've seen it's a decent hotel at a decent price. It's not great and it's not lousy, it falls somewhere in between.
If you need a place to rest your head at night for under $60 then you've found the right one. And contrary to popular opinion, I actually like that "continental" breakfast that they serve in the morning. It actually saves my girlfriend and I at least $20 we would have to pluck down somewhere else.
And with regards to the "section 8" comment, I found that claim to be unsubstantiated. I have yet to find anyone that fits the mold of being on section 8 but then again, I'm not looking for that. Some of you go into these hotels looking for "illegal activity" and act surprised when you do find it.

Room Tip: Ask for the $45.99 special posted outside.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Seeel6
Dear Guest,

Thanks for these kind comments from 2011. We should have responded then, but I sincerely thank you for the fair assessment of the property. Since your stay, we’ve made a number of important improvements, and we believe we’re getting better every day. I hope you can stay with us again and experience an even better stay than during this trip.

South Glens Falls, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Horrible Horrible Place to stay unless you are willing to get charged double.

Thought this was a decent place to crash to sleep, well not really when i get charged double, its soooo fu#*!@((@(@ing horrible,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank anniessharebear
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to comments and am sorry that no one responded to you in 2011 when these comments were left. I see no outstanding billing issues on our books, so I’m glad the billing issue was resolved for you. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. Everything, including our customer service and bookkeeping, have been upgraded since your stay.