“Not Coming Back”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Long Island
“Not Coming Back”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

As an employee of Choice Hotels, I was truly disappointed with my stay at Econo Lodge. The front desk employees aren't hospitable at all. Whenever I called the hotel, I was always placed on hold right away. When I called to confirm my reservation, I was told I didn't have one, even though I had a confirmation number at hand. Again, I was placed on hold for about 5 minutes. Rudely, I was told that they found my reservation and then they practically hung up on me before I could ask anything more.
Upon entering the hotel, the appearance was very off putting. Most of the parking spots were blocked off due to construction. Upon entering my room, it seemed okay at first. After looking around, I noticed various holes located in the walls and in the carpet. The shower was stained with what I can only assume was mildew. The AC didn't work. The chair was covered in stains I can't even identify.
To say I was disappointed, well that's an understatement. I will not be coming back to this location. My family trips to Six Flags will be spent someplace else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily P
econolodgebordentown, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about this property. They were left several months ago during a transitional time for us, and you can be sure that the issues you pointed out have been solved. Even during that time, we satisfied many customers, but I’m sorry we couldn’t meet the needs of you and your family. I hope you will stop by when in town again and see how we’re changing and improving every day.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

This place is close to six flags. It's an older hotel being remodeled. The remodeling does no good. Rooms still look old. They look clean upon entry. But upon closer inspection...watch out!! They have bed bugs!! Management completely denies it stating the pest control company that they pay to say they are clean...says just that...that they are clean. My pictures say differently.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jacinct
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, left several months ago. We are fortunate that we have never had a problem with bed bugs and do use a professional pest control company. We have completed the upgrades and changes to our property, and I hope you’ll try us again. We’re now better than ever. While I sincerely apologize that we didn’t meet your needs, you’ll be surprise at how things have changed for the better.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Bordentown hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Had a last minute trip to NJ over the weekend; needed something quick and not expensive. I have stayed at 2 star hotels/motels before but this hotel doesn't deserve one star! The grass was 20 feet high. The bathroom had mold in it. We had to go get bleach and lysol just to go into the bathroom. We paid for the room thru a well known travel website and it was too late to cancel and was not in the place to waste $ and go to another hotel. We ended up sleeping in the chairs in fear of what might be in/on the sheets. Wish we had read the reviews before staying. The pictures on the website have to be from another location - in another city - in another state. :-/

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AR T
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments from several months ago, which clearly contain damaging and hurtful exaggerations, perhaps intended to be humorous. In any case, we take real pride in this property, and if you visit us again you’ll find a clean, comfortable hotel that offers great value. We sincerely apologize for not meet your expectations and hope you will try us again in the near future.

whotravelsny
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Let's face it. You go to an Econolodge because it's conveniently located and less than $50/night. However, I do expect that the sheets would be clear of bloodstains. I can let go of the stains on the curtains and walls since I don't have to touch it. There were no bedbugs in our room, but there were small ants and a spider in the bathroom. The reservation was for a queen bed but it was really a full size. The rooms on the second floor do have vaulted ceilings and granite in the bathroom. The wifi signal is too weak -- enough to see it but you can't connect to the internet. The "breakfast" doesn't appear edible. It's still a step above camping out in the car for the night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank whotravelsny
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We have used this feedback as part of our continuous improvement efforts. While we satisfy many guests every week, we’re sincerely sorry that we could not meet your needs in this case. We’ve made significant upgrades in recent months and hope you’ll try us again. Now, we’re better than ever.

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We arrived quite late after travelling all day. The clerk at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful. He allocated rooms on the ground floor and access was through an entry door at the end of along hall. We were happy that the access to the main hallway was by the room security card but discovered that the door opened without the card. Inside the hallway had a very old carpet that looked dirty and we thought we had made a mistake checking in but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was spacious and had a new carpet which was spotless. The whole room was clean and well maintained and the bathroom and shower were also clean. The area was quiet and the clerk at reception recommended the bar/restaurant next door if we wanted a beer. Breakfast was limited but ok.
Overall if we had read other reviews we would have stayed somewhere else but we had no complaints and would stay there again. Suggest that management consider updating hallway carpet and mend key access to hallway.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Late-Travellers
London
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Dodgy little motel with unsavoury characters hanging around outside the rooms. Scruffy room, not very clean. Just about passable for one night on a road trip. Oh, the breakfast is non-existant so dont rely on that. We made it through the night and survived, I suppose that's good enough at this level of accommodation. Would I stay again, no, I'd rather drive on through the night and sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car, it's like Physo-ville here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davebryant
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, left years ago. We take real pride in this hotel, the amenities we provide and our customer service and satisfy many guests each night. I hope you will try us again and see how we’ve changed and improved. We look forward to providing a comfortable night’s sleep that leads to a great day.

Mesquite
Reviewed 6 August 2012

From the outside this motel is very institutional looking, only a series of doors - no windows (the window faces the rear). The room and bathroom were clean and the bed itself was comfortable but the cleaning staff needs lessons in bedmaking. Both sheets were just draped on the bed, nothing tucked in. I had a worn out twin blanket on a queen bed and two lumpy pillows. The air conditioner was very loud and defied my efforts to regulate it, hence you either need the blanket or you're in a sauna. Breakfast offerings were very limited, consisting of coffee, apple or orange juice, and your choice of little danishes, stale donuts, and/or bagels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Betty L
Dear Guest,

Thanks for these comments left for us in 2012. You can be sure your comments were used as part of our continuing efforts to improve the property. I’m sincerely sorry that your stay with us two years ago was not as nice as it should have been, but you can be assured that things are much different and much better here now. We have a renewed commitment to comfort and value.