“Outstanding Hotel! Best in the Area. Look No Further. Book Now!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Dover, Delaware
“Outstanding Hotel! Best in the Area. Look No Further. Book Now!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

having stayed in many hotels, both for business and pleasure, it's hard to find a better deal than this one. Every single aspect was outstanding. Checked in before check in time. The room was better than any Hilton or Sheraton in which I stayed. It was clean, well appointed and roomy. Rug was clean, bedding was new. Refrigerator worked. Staff were attentive and responsive. Believe it or not, the free breakfast was not the usual cold eggs, etc., but there were two flavors of waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage. My wife and I are so delighted that we've scheduled another stay in just two weeks. I can't say enough about how great a place this is to stay. Having read the reviews of the other hotels in the area that cost less than $150, this is absolutely the best deal. As a senior citizen, my total cost including tax was just $74 per nite. The only downswide is that the heater/cooler unit is located in the room and occasionally blew cool air until it warmed up. If you are looking for a place to stay in that area, book your room here now. It is absolutely the best available. The ratings of pricier hotels in the area ar much lower than this hotel . Just can't say enough about how great this hotel is. To ay itisa bargain is an understatemet. You'll have to spend a whole lot more money to find a better stay. I know because in my previous job as an accreditation official, I was put up in the finest hotels in California. This hotel is comparable, believe me. Of course, there's no hotel restaurant or room service. Big deal, Drive somewhere. Plenty of restaurants in the area. You can even go over to Princeton or Trenton where fine eating abounds. Book Now! Anoher advantage worth mentioning.If you are concerned about parking lot security, forget it. The lot is well lit,security cameras are viewable by the desk staff and,get this, the town's police department is directly across the street from the hotel. Now, how great is that? Book now!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are probably quieter. We had the room near the highway, stil...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GregoryS172

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2013

After reading the other reviews, I was worried about staying here. But the worries were unfounded. The room was neat and clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast was what you expect. I am happy we stayed here for $60 instead of nearer to McGuire AFB at the Quality Inn for $105.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CommanderChip
Wendell, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Good hotel. Clean rooms. Needs some updates. Would stay again. The best part of my stay was the night clerk, Sam. I have never had anyone anywhere go to the extreme he does to make his guests happy. This is the kind of person you would love to see on Undercover Boss and be rewarded for their hard work.

Diane Mumford

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Diane M
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was a decent hotel, a good place to sleep and shower, nothing special.

The front desk attendant was great and very good at his job, the hotel was clean looking, just a bit older and outdated. Same with the rooms, clean but outdated, in need of some renos.

The only issue I saw was 2 homeless outside the hotel in the evening, but the property was surrounded by security cameras, which helped keep them in line pretty much.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy M
King Of Prussia, Pa
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed here last night. Check in was smooth and perfect. The male clerk was very friendly and informative. Room was on the second floor & the hotel has an elevator. The room was clean, had a comfortable bed, pull out sofa, and flat screen tv, plus a desk and chair. Internet worked well and the bathroom was decent. I appreciated that the room has a real digital thermostat on the wall. I am challenged to think of anything I didn't like or encounter. I didn't stay for breakfast or use the swimming pool. Overall, this was a good Comfort Inn, slightly better than most. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask about whirlpool/jacuzzi rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike P
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights the room was clean and stocked bathroom.The front desk clerk was very helpful with where to eat and where to shop.When I called I explained there were 6 drivers needing rooms his answer was come on over we can get it done.Not like the Best Western clerk who didn't want to be bothered.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Warren, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I chose this Hotel due to its proximity to Six Flags Great Adventure, under 30 minutes away. From the pictures, the building looks pretty big, as does the pool. When we arrived, the building was small, and appears to have about 10-15 rooms per floor. The pool also looked really small and is only open 11-8, and is closed if the owner is not present, which is ridiculous. Anyway, so its in the parking lot pretty much.

We arrived and I checked in quick, worker was some what friendly. We had a handicap room on the first floor, which was right next to a side exit, which had no ramp. So you had to go through the lobby if your actually handicap. I am not, I got this room because it was the only non smoking king rooms available. The walk in shower was nice, as was the shower head which was detachable.

Our room was right off the lobby, and located near a side door and laundry area for housekeeping, so that was a bit noisy in the morning. But room itself was clean, besides some peeling wall paper. There was a flat screen tv which was nice, but other wise nothing fancy. No table with chairs, just a desk and two chairs. The bed was comfortable, and there were 5 pillows.

The area does not have many restaurants nearby, and we drove 15 minutes to get to the Market Place plaza, which had a wendy's and Mcdonalds. I asked about eateries and was told to go there. When we returned to the hotel, we noticed a wendy's and McDonalds nearby, and I was irked that the Front Desk Worker didn't mention those!

The Breakfast Area was way to cramped, and I went for three trips, and only the last trip, right before breakfast ended, was there seating available. Luckily my room was really close by, so bringing my sponge like scrambled eggs and pretty gross sausage to the room was easy. The Waffles were good, but the Flavor of the day was empty. Also out of order was the juice machine, so all there was to drink was gross coffee and warm milk. There was also cereal, bagels, mini muffins, and danish available. Also some apples were available. This breakfast was not up to par to other Comfort Inn breakfasts I've eaten at. Only good part was the waffles, although the syrup was little containers instead of a bottle of syrup.

They really should add more seating! I figured since its a small building, I would be able to score a table, but I was wrong.
We went to the vending machines near the pool entrance, and it only offered cans of soda, no bottles, and no snacks.
The breakfast area used to be a bar, and its still some what in tact, and they should use it! Make some extra income that way!

Overall I doubt I would stay here again, as the property was pretty boring and nothing stood out to me. The food was mediocre, and the surrounding area has limited options for activity/food.
The pool was also tiny and is probably closed more than its open. Since check out was at 11, I could not even use it in the morning, as I only stayed one night.

Overall If you need a place to stay, there may be cheaper local alternatives, out of my 3 hotel stays for my mini road trip, this was by far (30%+) more expensive than others, and others had balconies. One even had a full kitchen and granite counters, for a lot less! I'd go else where, as this place is pretty average.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple