“Avoid.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel may be convenient to the Turnpike, but that's where the good news ends. It's run down, dirty, and shabby. The bathroom in our room was dirty, with long hairs all over the floor, the tub had footprints in it, and all of the grout in the tile bathroom was filthy dirty. The carpet in the room was the kind I wanted to keep my shoes on all the time and not walk on it. The bed was so slanted I nearly rolled out of it, and it was flat and hard as a rock. We had a smoking room, but when we opened the door the smell was overwhelming. Bring a scented candle. The girl at the front desk was just short of snotty, like I was bothering her. Overall, I would pay a few bucks more and stay at a better hotel just up the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I traveled solo on a business/personal trip. This hotel is super convenient being right off of the New Jersey Turnpike, about 5 miles from major shopping, and within delivery distance of some great little Italian restaurants. Very comfy beds, really friendly staff, and I always felt extremely safe. I had a business meeting in Baltimore and my sister's bridal shower in Poughkeepsie, NY. This hotel was perfectly located right in between the two destinations. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling and need a great place to crash.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Keri0704
Reviewed 1 March 2013

having stayed in many hotels, both for business and pleasure, it's hard to find a better deal than this one. Every single aspect was outstanding. Checked in before check in time. The room was better than any Hilton or Sheraton in which I stayed. It was clean, well appointed and roomy. Rug was clean, bedding was new. Refrigerator worked. Staff were attentive and responsive. Believe it or not, the free breakfast was not the usual cold eggs, etc., but there were two flavors of waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage. My wife and I are so delighted that we've scheduled another stay in just two weeks. I can't say enough about how great a place this is to stay. Having read the reviews of the other hotels in the area that cost less than $150, this is absolutely the best deal. As a senior citizen, my total cost including tax was just $74 per nite. The only downswide is that the heater/cooler unit is located in the room and occasionally blew cool air until it warmed up. If you are looking for a place to stay in that area, book your room here now. It is absolutely the best available. The ratings of pricier hotels in the area ar much lower than this hotel . Just can't say enough about how great this hotel is. To ay itisa bargain is an understatemet. You'll have to spend a whole lot more money to find a better stay. I know because in my previous job as an accreditation official, I was put up in the finest hotels in California. This hotel is comparable, believe me. Of course, there's no hotel restaurant or room service. Big deal, Drive somewhere. Plenty of restaurants in the area. You can even go over to Princeton or Trenton where fine eating abounds. Book Now! Anoher advantage worth mentioning.If you are concerned about parking lot security, forget it. The lot is well lit,security cameras are viewable by the desk staff and,get this, the town's police department is directly across the street from the hotel. Now, how great is that? Book now!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are probably quieter. We had the room near the highway, stil...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GregoryS172
Reviewed 24 January 2013

After reading the other reviews, I was worried about staying here. But the worries were unfounded. The room was neat and clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast was what you expect. I am happy we stayed here for $60 instead of nearer to McGuire AFB at the Quality Inn for $105.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CommanderChip
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Good hotel. Clean rooms. Needs some updates. Would stay again. The best part of my stay was the night clerk, Sam. I have never had anyone anywhere go to the extreme he does to make his guests happy. This is the kind of person you would love to see on Undercover Boss and be rewarded for their hard work.

Diane Mumford

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was a decent hotel, a good place to sleep and shower, nothing special.

The front desk attendant was great and very good at his job, the hotel was clean looking, just a bit older and outdated. Same with the rooms, clean but outdated, in need of some renos.

The only issue I saw was 2 homeless outside the hotel in the evening, but the property was surrounded by security cameras, which helped keep them in line pretty much.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy M
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed here last night. Check in was smooth and perfect. The male clerk was very friendly and informative. Room was on the second floor & the hotel has an elevator. The room was clean, had a comfortable bed, pull out sofa, and flat screen tv, plus a desk and chair. Internet worked well and the bathroom was decent. I appreciated that the room has a real digital thermostat on the wall. I am challenged to think of anything I didn't like or encounter. I didn't stay for breakfast or use the swimming pool. Overall, this was a good Comfort Inn, slightly better than most. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask about whirlpool/jacuzzi rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business