“Old and not so clean”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
France
“Old and not so clean”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Purpose was to make nearby the Six Flags park and Confort Inn chain generally offer a good mix between quality and price ; we had booked 2 nights to continue our eastern trip but the first impression is the carpet which was not clean and smell old in our room ; swimming pool was closed due to thunderstorms the first day but did not open the second day as cleaning was undone ; general impression is finally that this hotel was perhaps good 10 to 15 years before but with no effort of renovation , clients have a strange feeling when checking out ...

1 Thank Kevelair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 19 July 2013

There was a time in the 1990's when Comfort Inns represented a new trend of high quality hotels for low price. They were spanking new and clean, though simple. It appears that they have been milking the same buildings for the past 20 years and now many have grown quite seedy. I will not stay in a Comfort Inn again.

Our room was extremely musty, and the window was sealed so that we could not air out the room. We were trapped in this foul air all night. There was also a water leak that made a damp spot; the staff threw a towel on top and left it at that.

The furniture was old and beat up. The eggs at breakfast were the worst I have ever had; I am guessing they were powdered eggs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The one night was marked with a very helpful staff and a clean room. Perfect for the purpose of good nights sleep. Bed was comfortable, a hot powerful shower, soft towels, heater wasnt' too loud. Didn't try the breakfast.

Kingston, PA
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Well for the rate of $120/night I expect a little more than what I got. Room was ok, non-smoking but had a smokey, stale smell to it. microwave was older than the oldest one ever created, but that's minor. Beds were comfy, pillows were too so that's a plus. Pool was tiny, like something I would buy for my little ones to swim around in. Breakfast was where my issues were- the breakfast room was small but doable- garbages over-flowing, people were leaving their garbage on nearby computer desk. Waffle mix out, eggs out, 3-4 sausages left. Very bad, again not worth the $120/night. No staff on attendance in that area, I had to go to front dsk and tell them. I would not stay here again, would prob look a little cheaper and buy my own breakfast.

1 Thank Momoffivegirls
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel may be convenient to the Turnpike, but that's where the good news ends. It's run down, dirty, and shabby. The bathroom in our room was dirty, with long hairs all over the floor, the tub had footprints in it, and all of the grout in the tile bathroom was filthy dirty. The carpet in the room was the kind I wanted to keep my shoes on all the time and not walk on it. The bed was so slanted I nearly rolled out of it, and it was flat and hard as a rock. We had a smoking room, but when we opened the door the smell was overwhelming. Bring a scented candle. The girl at the front desk was just short of snotty, like I was bothering her. Overall, I would pay a few bucks more and stay at a better hotel just up the road.

Chapel Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I traveled solo on a business/personal trip. This hotel is super convenient being right off of the New Jersey Turnpike, about 5 miles from major shopping, and within delivery distance of some great little Italian restaurants. Very comfy beds, really friendly staff, and I always felt extremely safe. I had a business meeting in Baltimore and my sister's bridal shower in Poughkeepsie, NY. This hotel was perfectly located right in between the two destinations. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling and need a great place to crash.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Keri0704
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 1 March 2013

having stayed in many hotels, both for business and pleasure, it's hard to find a better deal than this one. Every single aspect was outstanding. Checked in before check in time. The room was better than any Hilton or Sheraton in which I stayed. It was clean, well appointed and roomy. Rug was clean, bedding was new. Refrigerator worked. Staff were attentive and responsive. Believe it or not, the free breakfast was not the usual cold eggs, etc., but there were two flavors of waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage. My wife and I are so delighted that we've scheduled another stay in just two weeks. I can't say enough about how great a place this is to stay. Having read the reviews of the other hotels in the area that cost less than $150, this is absolutely the best deal. As a senior citizen, my total cost including tax was just $74 per nite. The only downswide is that the heater/cooler unit is located in the room and occasionally blew cool air until it warmed up. If you are looking for a place to stay in that area, book your room here now. It is absolutely the best available. The ratings of pricier hotels in the area ar much lower than this hotel . Just can't say enough about how great this hotel is. To ay itisa bargain is an understatemet. You'll have to spend a whole lot more money to find a better stay. I know because in my previous job as an accreditation official, I was put up in the finest hotels in California. This hotel is comparable, believe me. Of course, there's no hotel restaurant or room service. Big deal, Drive somewhere. Plenty of restaurants in the area. You can even go over to Princeton or Trenton where fine eating abounds. Book Now! Anoher advantage worth mentioning.If you are concerned about parking lot security, forget it. The lot is well lit,security cameras are viewable by the desk staff and,get this, the town's police department is directly across the street from the hotel. Now, how great is that? Book now!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are probably quieter. We had the room near the highway, stil...