“Ask for no smoking room”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Niagara Falls, New York
“Ask for no smoking room”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We arrived her at about 1 in the morning after a very long drive. No one was at the desk so we had to make some noises to get attention. There was a cooler in the corner with water and beer and a couple of bags made up with water and chips, we were not offered anything . The bed was wonderful but the room had a VERY strong smoke smell. When I mentioned it to the desk clerk he offered to spray the room for us. I just wanted to get some sleep so I said no but the smell was really strong. The no smoking rooms were just across the hall and I could smell the smoke in the hall so if you are a non-smoker you should check that your room is not near a smoking room.
The breakfast was ok except the scrambled eggs were overcooked and dry. The coffee was allowed to run out and we had to wait at least 10 minutes for a fresh pot (that seems like a long time when you need your morning coffee.
I did find out in the morning we should have been offered a snack bag but there was some mix up with our Choice Privileges number.
This was an average choice hotel I have stayed in much better, I probably will not stay here again.. I just think we should have been offered a non smoking room 1st.
We also noticed the rug in our room must have been skipped a few times since it was last vacuumed there were crumbs all over the place. I requested a later checkout because I did not have anywhere to go until noon, but I was only allowed 1/2 hour because they would be full and needed to get the room clean,.

Room Tip: Unless you smoke make sure you are getting a no smoking room away from smoking rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lindagerr
Sam P, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We strive to accommodate every guest each day and night, and we strive to make their stay  a satisfying one. Our main goal is to provide dependable, timely service  to all of our guests. Unfortunately, it's disappointing to learn that your expectations were not met.

Please accept my sincere apology from myself and the entire staff.

I want you and to all those that read these reviews to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from all our guests are appreciated and handled in a professional manner. The reviews, both good and bad, tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve the level of service you deserve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is much appreciated.

Please note that the concerns you've shared have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for sharing your important feedback

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lopez Island, Washington
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Arrived in early evening, lady receptionist was very cheerful and helpful. Made my arrangements effeciantly and even corrected my address (that "Priceline.com") had wrong. Offered a 'gift' bag with a bottle of water and snack bag of chips, (an unusual Choice Priviledges option). Pleasently suprised! WiFi was easily accessed.
I had no vehicle at the time so I was offered several local menus to order food to be delivered. Also, was suprised to learn the fromt office sells beer by the bottle! Excellant! This place had it all and was close (if you have a car) to shopping and resturaunts. If I am ever in the area, I will go out of my way to stay here again!

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are usually available here. There was a busy highway in front but never did hear the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sam P, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We are delighted that you took advantage of some of the various amenities offered here at the Comfort Inn- Bordentown, NJ. It is always delightful for our Management and staff to hear kind words from a satisfied guest. From each department (management to housekeeping to maintenance), we all will go to great lengths to make sure our guests have the best experience possible. I hope that you consider our location into your travel plans in the future.
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just for the nights sleep you will experience, I would give a 5 STAR RATING. Help was Courteous and always smiling! Clean, Quiet, Fresh Breakfast What more can I say! Would definitely go back. Felt right at home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed O
Sam P, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
LI
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've stayed at all of the major hotels in Bordentown when visiting over the last 3 years. The Comfort Inn has recently updated with new beds with great pillows and comfy quilts. At check in I was given a nice gift bag of water, chips, chocolates and water. The rooms are spotless, halls, lobby and common area are always clean and a hot breakfast to send you on your way. What more can you ask for? Try the price! Although there may be a cheaper hotel down the block it doesn't compare, I'd rather pay the extra $5. Stay twice and the third is free--even better!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Sam P, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you Mr. Clancy

As always, we're delighted that you took advantage of some of the various amenities offered here at the Comfort Inn- Bordentown, NJ. It is always delightful for our Management and staff to hear kind words from a satisfied guest. From each department (management to housekeeping to maintenance), we all will go to great lengths to make sure our guests have the best experience possible. I hope that you consider our location into your travel plans in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here again a few weeks ago for business. I'm an avid choice privileges member and try to stay at the Comfort Inns and Comfort Suites whenever I travel. Their new room decor is fantastic and I love their new programs. The Comfort Inn Bordentown didn't disappoint. The staff was pleasant, prompt and very personable. I'm somewhat of a social butterfly and it was great to have enjoyable conversations with the staff members. I talked to Sam, the manager, a few times and that man takes care of his business. I can tell he takes pride in his hotel so it's nice to see the manager taking ownership and rolling up his sleeves to help out. The upgrades to the property have been great compared to staying there last year. I will definitely stay again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had my friends stay at your hotel and they loved it they are gonna stay again when they are in town. The staff was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to friends and my family. The breakfast is wonderful.

Room Tip: Close to great adventure
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel offered everything I needed for the duration of my stay, the staff was very helpful and nice. I had to stay in the area for a work trip and from the time I called to book the reservation to the time I checked out, my experience was as comfortable as staying at home...thanks for making my trip easy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo