“Awful and Overpriced”

Ranked #24 of 46 Restaurants in Bradley Beach
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian homestyle cooking along with exstensive organic Vegaretain & Vegan options !
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This used to be our go-to spot for Italian food, but recently it has not been good. Always over priced but the food was great and that's why we didn't mind it. However, the last time we dined at Giamano's, disappointed doesn't even come close to what we experienced. We both ordered Penne Vodka (pretty standard at an Italian restaurant). Then we added grilled chicken and mozzarella cheese. We did not enjoy it at all. I do not know if they hired a new cook or what, but it was terrible. We both wanted something sweet and really wanted a cannoli, so we each ordered one. I had 1 glass of Prosecco and he had 2 glasses of red wine. Like I said, we always knew Giamano's was expensive and we knew there would be an additional cost for the chicken, but when we got our bill we were outraged! Our bill total came to $106....$33 per pasta dish, $7.50 per cannoli. The only items that were average priced were the alcoholic beverages. The vodka sauce was terrible and the cannoli shells were stale. Needless to say, we will no longer be dining at Giamano's and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank Jamie W
adriana m, Owner at Giamano's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

We are so sorry your experience with us wasn't a good one.
Of course even the best have an off night and we do hope you'll come back and give us another try.
I wish you had told us of the problem the night you were here,surely we would have rectified it for you.
Giamanos

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Food was overpriced and did not taste fresh. The atmosphere and service were fine, but with so many choices for Italian in this area... we will not waste our money on dinner here again. However, the lively bar and great music will have us return.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Italian is my favorite cuisine and this neighborhood spot did not disappoint. They offered a customer appreciation discount of 50% on Tuesday, so it was a wonderful bargain. The place was packed! Can't wait to return!

1  Thank trippygrll
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I use to look forward to eating here on Tuesday nights when it's half price. Their prices are very high at regular times, but you can't beat the half price value. I was very disappointed this last time I ate here. Maybe it was just an off night, but both my friend and I were very disappointed in the quality of the food and poor service.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

One of The best places there on the jersey shore ! Food was great and traditional italian, wine list is great will return and return. Service was superb as always.