“Poor service, ok food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brinley Ave
Transit: Bradley Beach train station is only a block away, we are located on Brinley ave.
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have to agree with the previous reviews citing poor service,(which I did not see until after I visited). We were seated outside early on a Saturday (5:30pm). There was one large party inside that left shortly after wer arrived, and 2 parties of 3-4 people who arrived after we did. They were seated inside. We were the only ones outside.

Things started ok. We were given menus and our order was taken in an acceptable amount of time. We ordered a salad to share. After we were served our salad and ice teas, we did not see the waitress for 25 minutes! My Italian husband was getting very heated! I usually take these things in stride, but it really was ridiculous. We had long ago finsihed our salad; the dirty plates and our empty glasses sat without a waitress coming to check on us for a long while.
Finally I went inside and asked why we were being ignored. One of the waitresses replied that our food was coming out soon. I told her(very nicely) that we would like drink refills and had dirty plates that needed to be removed,
I didn't mind waiting for food. That is understandable, However, it is not acceptable to have nobody come to clear dirty dishes or offer a drink refill or to ask how the salad was or to let us know our order would be a few more minutes -- for 25 minutes!.
The food was ok - but since we were already so upset at having been ignored, we did not enjoy the food. There were 3 different girls we saw that night. At one time or another, one of them either took our order, removed our plates (finally!) or gave us our check. I still can't understand why they ignored us when they only had 2 other tables occupied.
The girls were not mean or nasty to us, and they were a lot more attentive after I approached them inside, they were just not very good at paying attention to their customers. I can only imagine how bad it must have been later when they were actually busy!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great food and service, very cozy (accept on weekends when it does get busy). Dollar value is terrific and the owner Tom is a great guy who loves what he does and it shows.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Quite glad I was a bit sceptical of some of the other reviews about the service. Our service was professional, attentive, friendly, and spot on. Great food, good size portions---we all took home a goody bag. The fried calamari was excellent, both light and tender. Would definitly recommend and will go back. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Service was poor. Food so-so. We shared a salad that was a special. It was plopped down in front of us...plates? I had to get up and ask for salad plates to divide our salad. I ordered pasta pomadoro. Where were the tomatoes? Got "red peppers" really! It was soooo hot in there. I realize it was 99 degrees outside, but the waitress said, "it's not so bad in here".
We had our dinner, no coffee, paid and could not wait to leave.

1  Thank NJHomeRN
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This restaurant is very hard to find if you dont know where it is. It is not exactly on the corner of Main & Brinley it is on Brinley in a row of a couple different restaurants. The inside is quite small so def. make a reservation before going. The waitress who waited on us was probably close to the worst waitress I have ever had!! I asked for water 2 times before I got it and watched her sit at a table with other customers talking very loudly about her dating issues. We brought wine in and had to wait over 10 minutes for her to bring over the bottle opener. She seemed annoyed everytime she had to "wait on us" which I thought was her job lol. We are always engaging with our servers and joke around but this one when she was actually doing her job didnt even make eye contact. The only thing saving this review was the Food itself!! I order the pork chop and my guest had the Veal Parm. they were both excellent!! I would not however recommend ordering the dessert. we got two kinds of cake and they were dry and cold & had clearly come out of the freezer. we didnt even eat more then 1 bite which generally would prompt a server to ask "are the ok?" but she didnt and just scooped them up & handed us the bill. I will def. go back for the pork chop despite her horrible service but will not let her wait on me!!