“Cozy feeling”

HYATT house Branchburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Branchburg
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We went to visit some friends up in Whitehouse, NJ so we picked Hyatt House cause it was the closest around, I had a good first impression on the way they received us (big smile girl in the front desk) and the fireplace next to the lobby looked very elegant, the price for one night was around $99, room was very clean and very comfortable bed ( not too mushy, not too hard), TV stand can be rotated almost 360 degrees so you can watch tv on your bed or the couch...that was a nice touch. We had free omelette breakfast next day in the morning. Overall experience : "Very Good" ...I would've been excellent but my room had an awful view to the outside roof.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get an awful view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 March 2014

After reading all the great reviews, I was ready to make a reservation, but I called the hotel first to find out if they had rooms where pets are not allowed (due to having allergies). The representative indicated, no, the entire hotel is open to pets. This is a terrible policy. There should be rooms available where pets are not allowed so that those of us who have allergies can be accommodated. Management may say that they deep clean the rooms after a pet has stayed, but there is no way to remove all traces of a pet from the room. Also, too many people allow their pets to sleep in the bed with them, and I don't want to sleep on a bed where somebody else's pet has slept. I hope that Hyatt changes their policy in this regard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Lee M
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I booked a room for one night through Priceline. We only live about 30 minutes away, but we were having a late night out with friends, and this place was close. So we were able to enjoy ourselves a bit more knowing we didn't have to drive. The agent at the check-in counter was very friendly and check-in was very smooth. They have a pretty strict “quiet policy” from the hours of 9pm to 7am, which I like. It was so quiet all night. There are a lot of businesses around there, so you can tell they deal with a lot of corporate clientele. They had a nice computer room and Wi-Fi was free. We stayed in a Queen Studio room. It was well-appointed and the bed was comfy. The water pressure in the shower was not so great, but not a big deal for just a night. I really liked that the sink area was separate from the shower/toilet area. It made getting ready easier since one person could take a shower while the other was brushing your teeth, etc. The kitchenette was nice with a nice, with a decent size fridge, a dishwasher, a coffee maker, and a garbage disposal. The free breakfast was great…even had an omelet station! I wish they did it until later than 10am on a Sundays, but oh well. All in all, it was a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

When I stayed in this hotel, it had just opened. The rooms were spacious and silent. The breakfast was superp, as well as the dinner that was served every night. (specially the barbecue dinner was a must have!)
I stayed there for 3 months and the stay was really plesant. The staff was always nice and kind and by the time I left, we had become friends (some of them).
The pool is very good as well as the gym.
For business visit, it is for sure a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is an extended stay hotel with kitchens in the room
it is a good place to stay if you do not want the frills of a hotel and you like the comfort of your own kitchen
Free drinks and food on weekday evenings
large rooms, big kitchens, renovation in process

Room Tip: ask for room in the back
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gc051964
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Location: Route 22 Eastbound
Directly across Route 22 from Merck
Shop Rite supermarket across the street
Starbucks within ½ mile
Raritan Valley Community College within ½ mile

Great check-in. Staff was very friendly.

There are 3 floors to this hotel. We stayed on the 3rd floor.

ROOM
Kitchen with full-size fridge, dishwasher, oven, sink, microwave, all utensils, pots and pans included.
Nice size living room with couch and television.
Bathroom was big. The toilet and shower are in a separate area than the sink. This is a great feature when 2 people are trying to get ready in the morning.
Only shampoo, conditioner and soap were provided in the bathroom.
Bed was king size with television. Big closet in bedroom.
View was of the parking lot and Route 22.
Comfortable room temperature, with your own thermostat control in the room. If you leave the room for more than 15 minutes, it goes into energy-saving mode. The next time you enter the room, you’ll have to wait a few minutes for the room to reach ideal temperature.
Noise was not an issue in the room. We slept really well and didn't hear any noise from the other rooms.

BREAKFAST
Breakfast served 7-10am, buffet style.
Included coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice, cranberry juice, milk, bagels, muffins, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, sausage, pancakes, eggs, and an omelet station where you can request a custom made omelet.
Dining room was pretty large, and overlooked pool area.
Wait staff was extremely pleasant.

DINNER
Dinner is served Monday – Thursday and includes free wine and beer. The dinner isn’t the best gourmet dinner, but it works if you get home from work extremely tired and don’t feel like going out to eat or cooking yourself.

WIFI
Free Wifi throughout the hotel, including your room. Nice sized desk in the room to do work.

POOL
Outdoor pool only (closed in the winter time).

GYM/FITNESS ROOM
Typical hotel-sized gym. Includes a few cardio machines, free weights, mats, balls, etc. Towels and filtered water provided in gym.

NEWSPAPER
Free newspapers every morning in the lobby.

CLEAN
Cleanliness is EXTREMELY important to me. Even though we don’t spend a lot of time in the hotel room, I want to make sure it is clean and fresh when we are in it. I would give this hotel a 4.0/5.0 for cleanliness. It is a bit above average compared to other hotel rooms. Everything in our room was very clean.

SHOP
Hotel has a very small shop next to the front desk. You can purchase aspirin, any toiletries you may have forgotten like toothbrush, shaving cream, etc., some snacks, ice cream, and liquor. Prices are higher than average, but you are paying for the convenience. If you have the time, drive across the street to Shop Rite and save yourself a few bucks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Butchie119
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights with my wife and 8-year-old twins for MLK weekend 2014; we were visiting family nearby. We drove into town in an electric car and wanted a place that would let me charge overnight. At first I had booked a different hotel, but when I called to ask about charging, they told me it wasn't allowed. By contrast, Brian (the manager at the Hyatt House) was very friendly and accommodating. He even made sure to give us a room that was convenient to the outdoor outlets. And when I got there I saw another electric car plugged in and charging.

The room was clean and comfortable, although it was a little tight with the sleeper sofa open. Overall it was a big room though, comparable to other suite hotels. I think our room ended up being an "executive suite" (although we booked 1BR King) because the table next to the kitchen was huge (seating for 8+) and had rolling chairs around it. The free breakfast was decent, not super. French Toast was mediocre at best, but the made-to-order omelettes were pretty good.

The hotel is near a number of businesses and Raritan Valley Community College, but NOTHING is walkable, and you have to drive 5-10 minutes for a decent selection of restaurants. Shuttle service (which we didn't use) is geared toward business travelers.

Overall we were quite happy there and will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#2 of 6 in Bridgewater
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater

Been to HYATT house Branchburg? Share your experiences!