“Wish I had read reviews before coming here.”

Moe's Southwest Grill
Ranked #28 of 40 Restaurants in Branchburg
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

First of all this is my first experience with Moe's but a co-worker assured me that Moe's was great. Boy did he fail to apply the NJF (New Jersey Factor).
Bottom line? Do not waste your time here.
1. The pinto beans were hard and TASTELESS. When I sat tasteless I mean exactly that. There was no salt, no spice, no flavor. Did I meant in the beans were hard? That comes from undercooking and is the cardinal sin of cooking beans. (I'm a Texan and we know beans.) the second cardinal sin of beanology is tastelessness. It's a fact that beans need a lil love to be right. Hamhocks, bacon, salt... SOMETHING!!!! They were pathetic.
2. "Southern Sweet Tea" pathetic and not sweet. When you see a sign or advertisement for "southern sweet tea" you'd better be prepared for a crossroads experience. Do I drink it or pour it on my pancakes? THAT is Southern sweet tea. Not this brown water.
3. Staff. My friend told me to expect a friendly "Welcome to Moe's!!" When I walked in. I didn't hear that, not once. Probably because most of the staff I interacted with had such strong accent I wouldn't have understood them. Frankly they could have said it in their language of choice but the fact is they said nothing. From what I'm told this is a trademark of Moe's.
4. The salsa was pathetic. What more can I say? The salsa was tasteless and I could have rubbed it in my eyeballs with so much as a sniffle. IT'S SALSA!!!! It's supposed to have SOME heat!! At least give us one flavor with some heat!!

Bottom line: don't waste your time.

BDR

1  Thank Robert S

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stop here for lunch frequently and are concerned that it is not as clean as it had been. The portions are inconsistent. I wonder if this isn't a franchise in which the owner only stops by to collect the receipts?

2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

They are very skimpy on the meat, trying to load you up with beans. If you ask for more meat, they look at you funny & slide your food along.