“Rooms were clean, staff was nice, beds were comfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
“Rooms were clean, staff was nice, beds were comfortable”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Finding hotels as nice as this and at an affordable price in this part of New Jersey it difficult. Stayed for 3 nights and found the beds extremely comfortable (sleep in #1 priority for me). No problems with the free wi-fi. There was an Applebees and McDonalds next door. I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn – Bridgewater would like to thank you for your review after your recent stay at our Hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. If you have any comments that you would like us know about, please feel free to contact us directly. We realize that you do have a choice of hotels and would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn to be your home away from home and hope you will continue to do so. We love having you here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ireland
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed for three nights for work. Disappointed with no dining facilities or room service ( if you just fancy a sandwich). Had to request a change of room after first night - the ice making machine up against my wall. Look out for it ! Switching on an off all night making ice. I was also next to lifts which beeped each time the doors opened ! Staff made a bit of a fuss when I asked to change my room - when they could see I was not impressed they decided I could change and then told me I wouldn't be charged for two rooms ! I had no intention of same but was quite surprised that they felt this was my bonus. Walls are thin - TV's and conversations in adjoining rooms are easily heard. I ordered from the local takeaway ( equivalent of room service they say - but isn't ) and the quickest I could get something was one hour. If you don't have your own car and are using limo/ taxi to get you to work then eating is a challenge. On a positive the rooms were clean and the receptionist when I arrived was very pleasant. Wifi signal was not as strong in the rooms as it was in reception.

Room Tip: Ask where the ice machines , vending machines and lifts are and get a room as far away as possible f...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. I've address our team in regards to your review and we will make the necessary corrections. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences but we hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Right off the highway so pretty convenient. The hotel itself is pretty average, nothing fancy, but with most of the amenities accounted for. It's a good value for the money and the breakfast buffet has a wide variety of foods to choose from (but again, nothing fancy).

The rooms are pretty comfortable and everyone is very customer-service oriented. With one exception. In the dining area in the morning there are a couple of waitstaff whose primary responsibility seems to be keeping the buffet stocked and serving beverages. But, from my perspective, even that simple task left a lot to be desired. While I got my first cup of coffee as soon as I sat down, nobody seemed interested in providing any refills. I finally got up and got my own out of the "take out" coffee urns.

One other big issue for me: I'm an early riser and, when on the road, like to go to the gym and get on the treadmill. The facilities here are extremely small (too small for a hotel this size) with only 2 treadmills. Every morning I went down early only to find all of the machines occupied. One day I went down 3 different times until I finally gave up. I never did get to work out there. In this day and age, that type of facility is woefully inadequate.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have addressed your comments with our team . I also am sorry that you found our fitness center inadequate. I apologize for the inconvenience and we are taking steps to address this opportunity to ensure additional guests do not experience the same opportunity.
The next time you have the opportunity to travel to Bridgewater, I do hope that you will be our guest again. I am confident we can make your stay one of the best you’ve ever experienced. Thank you for your review.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Was close to everything like dining and work. Staff was great and room was very comfortable.

Neat setup where you can order room service from local restaurants if you don't feel like going out.

Pool and workout room was also a nice touch. Will be staying here again when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn – Bridgewater would like to thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our Hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. We realize that you do have a choice of hotels and would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn to be your home away from home and hope you will continue to do so.
Switzerland
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The hotel is pretty average, the rooms and decor are a little dated. The breakfast area is crowded and the food is, again, average. The location isn't great either, with limited dining options nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
northstar394, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you for your recent comments. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying with us. We want you to know that we will address our team and make the necessary improvements. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Our room on the 2nd floor had a strange chlorine odor as if we were in a swimming pool locker but better that than something else. The lobby was nice and there was ample parking. Breakfast was not included in our rate. The rooms are fine and the furnishings are nothing imaginative but we were in the area to visit relatives and it was more than adequate.

Room Tip: Near the elevator as there are multiple wings
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Rosalind512, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and and I’m so sorry that you weren’t satisfied with paying for breakfast. We do have a "bed n breakfast "rate where breakfast is included with the room rate for 2 adults and 2 children under12 eat free. We also apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future as we love having you here.
NYC
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on Christmas night. Checked in early without a prob. Amber at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was large, bright and well appointed. The bed was comfy. The heater was loud and needs a humidifier unit because the room was uncomfortably dry. The hallways all smell of disinfectant. Sweet location.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback . I’m so sorry you experienced some noise with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn’t experience that. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Bridgewater, NJ. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!