“Nice Mini-Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Somerset, United States
“Nice Mini-Vacation”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a real nice day off. Room was clean and spacious. Pool and exercise room were relaxing. Variety of food choices were available in the area. Helpful staff. Will visit again. Near shopping and parks. In addition, easy highway access tops off this nice experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Louis R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. There were no problems. The room was clean and comfortabe, service and check in and out were efficient. Breakfast was good but I felt it could have been less expensive for the cold breakfast. There was a hot breakfast with eggs, bacon etc that cost $10.95. The cold breakfast was $7.95 for a meal that is similar to free breakfasts at other hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for your review and business with our property. We are glad you chose us to be your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you into Bridgewater. We love having you here!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This property was just what we needed for an overnight stay. Very nice and friendly staff. The property was very well kept and the room was simply pperfect. Again this was an overnight stay -we needed cleanliness and comfort. We found them both!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you chose us to be your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you into Bridgewater. We love having you here!!
Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Are you kidding me! They Messed up my booking even though I called to make the reservation . Front desk Had no manners when I was upset that they had no room for me they told me sorry nothing I can do about it the hotel is full. I Was with my 88 year old father. I had ordered a jr suite and they ended up by finding a accessable room with a king size bed and they brought me in this smelly rickity cot what when you laid on it you were practically on the floor. I had to ask for soap only one small bar in the bathroom. How about 2 people taking a shower maybe you might need more soap. The hotel was under removation which I was never told when I booked. They said they had dinner service but they ended up by closing the restaurant which left me walking to find a place where we can get dinner to bring back as we were dropped off at the hotel and had no car. We went down early for breakfast which there was not too much stuff to eat trays were emptied and not filled up. Waited forever for coffee. Just a mess. Do not stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your stay and review. I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. We would love to have you as our guest. Please consider staying with us again. I am confident we can make your stay one of the best you’ve ever experienced. Thank you.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Easy to get to and decent restaurants and big box shopping nearby. Rooms were HGI-predictable, but clean, quiet and spacious nonetheless. Sleep number bed was comfortable. Nice TV and lots of channels. I thought it was a little pricey at $175/night for the location, the Embassy down 287 was significantly cheaper and includes breakfast.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. Its always our pleasure welcoming our guests to the Hilton Garden Inn - Bridgewater, NJ and ensuring that each one has a rewarding stay with us. We are glad you chose us to be your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you into Bridgewater. We love having you here.
New England
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Rooms are typical older style Hilton Garden inn. Everything was clean. Television is new flat screen. Granite vanity in bathroom but older tub and shower. Bed seemed very firm But ok for me. I noticed the mattress had a wool topper. I Did not hear noise from nearby rooms so construction must be solid. Lobby was undergoing renovation which should be a long term plus. Restraunt in lobby and Room service is offered by third party carry out company with several diverse choices. I did not try either so i can't comment. There is an Applebee's and McDonald's within walking distance.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank your stay and review of our hotel. It is due to reviews such as yours that we are undertaking renovations of our hotel lobby for a better guest experince. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Bridgewater, you will stay with us and provide feedback about our new lobby experience; we would love to have you. Thank you!
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Checked in for a business trip. Lobby was under construction and looks like it will be nice once finished. Rooms have been updated but they neglected to update carpets so the rooms smell. (I tried two) Fitness center is a joke - two treadmills and elliptical and one set of dumbells up to 30 lbs. No bench to use and hardly any floor space to use the dumbells. (the guest rooms are larger than the fitness center - no exaggeration) Ended up leaving and checking into another Hilton property 20 miles away. Last, this is in a strange location behind some retail/fast food restaurants and close to 287 so there is significant road noise when in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Somerset
Homewood Suites Somerset
#3 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!