“Spacious Room/Poor Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The guest room was spacious. The king bed was quite comfortable, however the pillows could have been a little fluffier. I ventured downstairs to view the pool and gym, though I didn't get the chance to use either. The gym was small-maybe 2 or 3 machines total. The pool did look inviting. The service desk personnel on duty that night was rude to one of my friends which I thought was unprofessional. I also found that upon check-in she failed to mention any perks the hotel offered to its guests. Contemplating on whether I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn – Bridgewater would like to thank you for your review after your recent stay at our Hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I organized a group event at this hotel and we found nearly everything to be terrific. The guest rooms were comfortable, the front desk staff was polite and friendly.
The meeting space was perfect size for our group. The staff helped set-up, but otherwise was unobtrusive.
The lobby was comfortable for lounging and catching up with old friends. The bar was great one night, but the bartender was a bit unfriendly the 2nd night. I spoke to the manager about it.
There was a wedding group at the same time and they were a bit noisy- but you can never predict that kind of thing.
No one in our group used the pool or exercise room, but they looked fine.
We liked the hotel and location so much- everyone asked that we return next year to the same hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn – Bridgewater would like to thank you for your review after your recent stay at our Hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. We realize that you do have a choice of hotels and would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn to be your home away from home and hope you will continue to do so. We love having you here!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

STAY AWAY!! This is a nice hotel in good location, BUT..... The place is not managed well and the employees dont care. My company reserved 30+rooms, and also a meeting room.

Here is a list of total blunders by the staff, inexcusable!
1) We booked this 4 months in advance, but they were overbooked by 15 rooms and only told us day of. We had to find 15 rooms at another hotel.
2) Items were stolen by staff out of the meeting room. When we reported it they said theres nothing they could do.
3) Food was horrible, 3 employees got sick from alfredo sauce served in restaurant.

This is a franchise hotel, not up to standards you would expect at other Hilton properties. There are plenty of other hotels 1 exit away, stay there instead!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
nigel m, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for completing the Tripadvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your comments are very important to us and we value your feedback. I understand, based on your comments, that you experienced some issues during your stay with us. I wanted to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had while a guest of our property.

Our management team was in contact with your group regarding your room reservation needs for some time prior to your arrival. We understood that your group had a greater request for rooms than we could accomodate. Most of your group was booked at our hotel but I understand that your group also had rooms elswhere. We worked very diligently to accomodate all of your needs, I am truly sorry we were not able to do that.

I have looked into the matter of the missing items you mentioned. Our manager checked in on your group on multiple occasions looking for one of the group leaders. The attendees he spoke with seem to have been waiting patiently for one of the group leaders, as they communicated that they were looking for one of your group leaders as well. Although we were never contacted by anyone with your group to lock the meeting space, our banquet manager took that precaution once he noticed there was no attendees in the room shortly after 3pm.

The satisfaction of our guests is of utmost importance to all of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn, hence our Satisfaction Promise. I would love to speak to any of the guests you mentioned, who may have ate in our restaurant. Please have them contact me directly.

Nigel M.
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
732-271-9030

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Excellent service, welcome and ambiance. Couldn't ask for more. We were warmly welcomed at reception. They clearly told us where everything was, about internet and other services etc. The rooms were well prepared and good. They were comfortable and quiet. I had a good night's sleep and the room had everything I needed: From iron to enough towels etc. Breakfast service was good with lots of options to choose from. I would recommend it to everybody who are travelling to the region.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've stayed he before and the service is great and the beds are wonderful. This stay I had a problem with a noisy squealing shower on the 2nd floor. They never fixed the problem while I was there ( 3 nights ) and moving us to different room each night was not really what I wanted. A wet towel warped around the tub spout made it tolerable. I will stay here again, but not on the 2nd Floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The lobby is very inviting and comfortable. I enjoyed the treat with coffee which was offered in the evening - an added bonus while sitting relaxing and reading my book. Overall experience was very good and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Entire hotel was clean and safely lit. Amenities were readily available and top notch. Wi-Fi was provided free. Small shop was stocked with anything you could need. HD TV in rooms was wonderful. Room was very clean and well stocked with necessary items for bathroom and refrigerator and microwave were provided free.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!