Bridgewater Marriott
US$148
US$171
Residence Inn
US$70
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streetthe concierge loungeroom serviceshopping mallmake your ownshake shacknice hotellittle priceyfamily weddinghotel staffbed was very comfortablenew jerseyindoor poolbreakfast buffetbusiness travelstaff was friendlyjuicer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My fiancé and I traveled down to NJ from Central NY for a family wedding, only planning on staying Friday night we originally booked our stay at the Super 8 motel, thinking only spending $60 for a night would be just fine, but when we arrived around 9:30pm our room was DISGUSTING to say the least... pillows were an inch thick, all yellow stained under the pillow cases (made me gag) dirty floors, our door lock was broken, the A/C unit stunk, people standing around yelling, and to top it all off the local police dept was doing rounds in the parking lot telling us this was probably not a safe place to be so we went back to the desk and got our money back. We then searched for local hotels in the area and the Marriott had rooms available so we loaded back up into the truck and got out of there. When we arrived at the Marriott we felt much safer, very welcoming environment when we stepped into the lobby. The staff was phenomenal, and very friendly. We put our first night on my fiancés card, got up to our room which was gorgeous but as someone else had already stated there were a lot of young kids in baseball uniforms hootin and hollering, running around the halls which was rather annoying. When we got up in the morning we decided that we didn't have anything pressing back at home so why not stay another night and enjoy a weekend away so I went down stairs and booked another night but had them put our stay on my card instead. After the wedding was over, we arrived back at the hotel before the reception and neither of our cards worked in the doors, so we went back down and had them issue us new cards, they apologized for the inconvenience, told me their system had made a mistake and we were not the only ones with the problem, and re swiped my card, then we went on our way. I was assured that Saturday nights stay was being billed to my card not my fiancés. The following morning my receipt was put under the door and our bill was incorrect, we were over charged for our room, so upon leaving Sunday morning I stopped at the desk to resolve the issue which they gladly took care of. When we got back home we got online to check our credit card statements to make sure everything was ok (because we were not paying for internet which we found to be absurd, we have stayed at many hotels and never had to pay for internet) but my fiancés card was billed twice, as well as my card billed for Saturday nights stay. The Marriott apologized for the error and refunded her card for the night, but we had a feeling something like this would happen, which is what made our stay a little frustrating. We understand errors happen and we cant hold all the wild young kids running around against the hotel, overall we were pleased with our service and the cleanliness of the hotel. Our king size bed was very comfortable, we loved all the pillows, and she was very happy with the bath and body works toiletries in the bathroom because she forgot some things back at home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Eric C, Guest Services at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I’m happy to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable and pleasant stay after your original lodging plans did not live up to your expectations. I would like to offer my sincerest thanks for your understanding with the credit card issue that occurred with our systems. It was clearly a frustrating experience and the error was entirely on our end. I would like to assure you that this type of issue is not the norm at our hotel and am glad we were able to resolve the issue. Thank you again for staying with us—I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

As a Marriott Fan I was disappointed in this location, specific for a full service hotel. There were several large parties in the hotel and if you were not one of them good luck. Long waits at the elevator, and food service. The food however was good and the resturant service good. The pool was over run by unsupervised kids and was a small sized pool for a large hotel. When we arrived the same team of kids were in the lobby running around and almost knocked us over and several other guests. The bellman asked them to stop but thrn the they also took over a whole seating area in their wet suits. Other groups also took over the areas in the lobby and it was difficult to find a place to sit and wait for my friends.

My room was near an elevator when I asked not to be. And I was told there was no other rooms ready. The hallway noise was bad but only before the event in banquet started and in the morning.

Parking was bad too. Big trucks took up two spaces. Narrow spots and I had to park far away from the entrance. I didn't feel safe, it was dark and late. The banquet facilities were also full so parking was hard on arrival and when we returned.

There was only two bath towels and the shower curtain kept curling over and water was all over the floor. You could hear the water from other rooms above and next to us.

As a rewards member I have never paid for wireless. But because I was not at the gold level you had to pay. Even in big cities like Miami, NY and LA you get free Internet but in rural NJ you don't?

It was not dirty, good size room but just a sea of people, lack of towels, noise, congestion.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank DWS13433
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your honest feelings about your stay with us. I appreciate the concerns you had about your stay and would like to address them below.

In regards to the events taking place during your stay--and the number of guests present--I want to sincerely apologize that we were not able to make the lobby space and the hotel in general more comfortable for you. We as a hotel strive to accommodate all of our guests and the many reasons they stay with us, from weddings and special events to leisure and business travel. As you mentioned about our bellman’s efforts to encourage appropriate behavior in the lobby from some of our younger guests, our staff will always give a sincere effort to ensure that the hotel is comfortable for everyone, regardless of whether we are at moderate occupancy or completely full with guests and events (as during your stay).

I’m pleased to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and size of your room; however I do apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request for a room far from the elevator, and that the quantity of towels was not to your satisfaction. If you choose to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me in advance of your stay. I would be happy to work with you on making sure the room you receive is completely to your liking!

For our wireless network, we offer options consistent with other full-service hotels’ offerings across the country. We are proud to offer our guests complimentary wireless connectivity in the lobby, with a small fee for wireless in the guest rooms. Although, as you mentioned, Marriot Rewards Platinum & Gold Elite members receive complimentary wireless access as a benefit of their membership at all participating Marriott locations.

I want to thank you again for writing this review, and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations if you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

-1- No free Wifi. Not reasonable in 2013
-2- In room coffee with powdered creamer. I'd appreciate little cups of half and half.
-3- just back from a vacation where we had free breakfast each morning. I miss that. We had stayed at embassy Suites & Residence Inn - a better value.
This Mariott is an adequate stay if you need to be at 287 & 202.

• Stayed: August 2013
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. While there is a fee for WiFi access in the guest rooms, we do offer complimentary WiFi in our spacious lobby. However, I am sorry to hear that you do not feel that you received good value from our full-service offerings. If you choose to stay with us again, I would be delighted to further introduce you to the services and amenities we offer, which I hope will align with your travel needs and expectations. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to have the chance to serve you again during your travels!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding. The hotel was filled to the brim with two weddings and a score of children and their parents, staying for a weekend sports tournament.
The rooms were lovely, and the staff was very accommodating. Even with all the chaos, the staff remained calm, cool, and wore bright smiles.
Our family met for breakfast the next morning in the restaurant. There was a big variety of food, but it was all lukewarm at best. My husband ordered pancakes, but they weren't cooked all the way through. The bride's parents paid the check, so I'm not sure what the price is for the breakfast buffet. Maybe if we had been there when the food was first put in the chafing dishes, we would have enjoyed it more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our staff will be thrilled to hear that you found them so accommodating during your eventful stay! I hope we were able to help you enjoy what I’m sure was a beautiful wedding. I’m sorry to hear that your breakfast did not meet the high standards we set for all food service in the hotel. We will continue working to make sure that our breakfast options consistently exceed our guests’ expectations, regardless of what time they arrive to dine. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We went to a family reunion in New Jersey and needed a place to stay for one night and this Marriott was the closest to the reunion so, after reading the other reviews, I made our reservation and, as usual, we were pleasantly pleased with our choice. We arrived quite a bit later than normal, but everything was ready for us and, after not eaten in hours we ate a late dinner in the bar area and everything was delicious. Our room was spacious (as was the bathroom which was an added delight since most Marriott's have rather small bathrooms) and, although it overlooked the parking area, our car was in view which was also an added perk. Not realizing the concierge lounge is open on weekends (another perk) we got the breakfast special and the buffet was terrific - made to order omelets, pancakes, eggs, etc., as well as an added plus - a juicer with all sorts of fruits to add in - delicious! I do not have anything negative to say about this Marriott and we will definitely return for next year's family reunion.....thanks Marriott - you haven't failed us yet!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and writing this review. I’m pleased to see that we were able to deliver an experience that met your expectations. As you mentioned, we have begun to open our concierge lounge for breakfast on the weekends, and I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our dining options! We look forward to seeing you for next year’s family reunion, and will strive to continue being a location you can rely on to deliver a consistent and comfortable stay!