“Quick Stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Vienna, Virginia
“Quick Stay”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

As a former area resident, this is our hotel of choice when we come back to visit family and are unable to bunk with them. Our stays here are never long and we always find the rooms clean and comfortable. Can't really comment on the amenities because we don't use them, spending all day visiting and only sleeping and showering in the hotel. I disagree with many of the reviewers of this hotel, despite the business Mecca Bridgewater has become, the quality hotel options are limited and this one is one the best without heading down to Somerset or New Brunswick. The hotel staff was nice and treated us with the status appropriate for our Marriott Gold Status. No complaints. As many have mentioned, this hotel is a wedding Mecca. We expect it when we stay on Saturday and on our most recent stay there were 8- noise was not terrible but parking was a nightmare- there should be reserved parking for registered guests and limo services should not be allowed to occupy regular parking spaces. Beyond that, the Bridgewater Marriott has always proved to be a solid option for us and we would stay here again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for writing this review and kindly regarding us as your hotel of choice in the area! I’m thrilled to hear that we are able to make your stays seamless and comfortable, so that you can enjoy what's important: time with family. I also want to thank you for your understanding with our wedding parties. As you mentioned, we host many beautiful weddings and events on the weekend and do our best to keep noise levels as acceptable as possible under the circumstances. I appreciate you bringing to our attention that limousine services have been taking up guest parking spaces, and will be looking into the issue with our team to try and find a solution that better serves all of our guests, whether they are with a wedding party or not. Thank you again for your excellent feedback, and we will strive to continue being a location you can rely on for a comfortable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New England
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night recently and it was pleasant. Arrival and front desk checkin was quick and friendly. Had access to executive lounge on 8th floor which is a nice facility and well equipped. Breakfast in the lounge was ok- on par with other lounges. Last time I was there they had a chef omelette station which was much better. Rooms are well appointed and clean. Overall a good stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind feedback! Our staff will be thrilled to hear that our concierge lounge met both your standards and our own. We will continue to explore different breakfast offerings to make the lounge even more enjoyable for all of our guests. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to host you again soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good business hotel. Rooms are clean, and well presented. Great beds for a restful sleep.
Bar downstairs is good and staff friendly, and food is quite reasonable. Close to shopping mall and walking distance to alternative food options if you get over the hotel food and need a change. Italian restaurant opposite, chapoltle (mexican), and cheesecake factory to mention just a few

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms that are close to the ice machine especially at the weekends if there is a wedd...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback! I’m glad that you found our location comfortable and convenient for your business needs. During your next stay, I hope you are able to sample even more of the many great dining options local to our hotel, including our own T-Bones Steakhouse and Martinis Bar & Grill. Our front desk staff would be happy to offer their insight on local dining as well! Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Bridgewater Marriott is a comfortable hotel that has a great bar area, two delicious main floor dining rooms and a lobby lounge thatLes it fun to sit around and relax. Rooms are nice sized and we have lucked on to some packaged that made it affordable to get separate rooms for us and our teenage daughters. Bridgewater mall is a great shopping destination and we usually start our Christmas gifts here. There are also fun options around like a fine in amc movie theater. You are actually edited on while watching a movie in a theater. Also plenty of restaurants around and small towns for browsing. Steak restaurant in hotel is delicious. We look forward to our return trips!

• Stayed November 2012
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I’m glad you were able to get such great value from your stay with us, enjoying both our hotel and the attractions in the surrounding area. As you mentioned, there are so many great options in the area for both shopping and dining--including our own T-Bones Steakhouse, which I’m glad to see you found delicious! Thank you again for staying with us and we eagerly look forward to your next stay!
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The Bridgewater Marriott makes a Very Good first impression. The lobby is inviting with plenty of sofa and chair seating. The rooms were very nice, clean and have large, flat screen TV's. Comfortable beds and "Green" products - there was even a flyer encouraging reuse of bathroom towels, with no obligation.
I was surprised there is not a hot tub and the pool water was almost too cold to swim in. There is a very nice fitness room and individual, private work space if traveling on business. The hotel has a number of large ballrooms, perfect for hosting large conferences, along with a restaurant and full, late night bar for guests.
The staff was always very helpful and friendly - even went out of their way to secure a luggage cart for me during a chaotic Sunday checkout rush. Great stay and recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and writing this review! I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you seemed to get the most out of all of our hotel’s offerings. Our staff will be thrilled to hear that you found them so helpful and friendly amidst a fast-paced Sunday morning. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay and hope to make it even better than the last!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hi,
A few points to note about this hotel:

1. Located near to Bridgewater commons mall, so you have some choices of food and shopping
2. Big parking space but seems to get full often
3. There is a shuttle service to major corporate offices and Don, the driver, is really pleasant
4. Reception is extremely worst. I arrived with two suitcases and no one bothers to open the door, let alone help with the suitcases. So, i pull one in, then go back outside to bring the other one in. Same thing when I had to go to my room. I had to take up one by one. And I was staying for 2 weeks, mind you. Even though there is bell man trolley, i was told it was not available for use.
5. Room service very limited.
6. Room cleaning very poor. There was bloodstains on my sheets upon arrival. The manager came, saw, said the apology and changed. But I just can't accept that the use dirty sheets. Disgusting.

7. Starbucks across the road. Convenient to get morning coffee but one Indian guy staff there is really grumpy all the time.

8. There is a Chipotle opposite the hotel. i was told they serve good burritos.

9. As a business traveller, the first thing i do when i get to a hotel is to go through the hotel information book. As I had no car, taxi service availability was important for me. The hotel booklet listed that taxi was available 24hours and I should book 30 minutes in advance. So, on a Sunday morning at 6 am, I called the reception to request taxi to airport at 7am. I was told that they can't book as most taxi companies open only at 8am on Sundays. I was really angry that this was not listed on the hotel information. Needless to say, i missed my flight.

10. Taxi from there to Somervile town is approximately USD9, to Shop rite also USD9, Wegmans is USD 20.
11. Wifi service available and OK.
12. TV channels plenty.

Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank swordfish01
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The extent of detail you provide will certainly be helpful for any traveler considering staying in the area, and I will try to address the points you have made regarding your stay with us specifically.

You are absolutely correct that hotels in major cities differ greatly in size and scope from hotels in suburban areas. While our offerings may be more tailored to the specific needs of the guests who frequent our hotel, we do hold ourselves to the same standards of excellence as all Marriott locations. With that being said, I would like to sincerely apologize that your arrival experience was below both our standards and your own. We take instances such as yours very seriously, and will be actively working with our staff to identify ways they can be more proactive in assisting our guests. No guest should feel as though they were not taken care of, and I assure you that is not the norm at our hotel.

As for your room, the sheets being dirty was an unacceptable error on our part. I’m pleased to see that the manager was able to efficiently resolve the problem for you, but—as you stated—it is an unsettling way to start your stay. I thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will continue working to make sure this never occurs again.

Thank you again for writing this review, and I apologize that your initial experiences with both our staff and the room were below standards. I’m pleased to see, however, that you enjoyed the rich offerings in the areas surrounding our hotel. I sincerely hope that you’ll consider staying with us again so that we may properly demonstrate our commitment to serve and exceed your expectations.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

All aspects were good. Pretty uneventful stay since we were there on business and out more than in. The breakfast was included and one the best I've had as a part of a stay. The meeting rooms were nice and staff friendly. The pool was indoor so kind of thought it would be heated but it wasn't. The fitness center was up-to-date. Conveniently located across the street from a mall and Magianno's restaurant. Stayed in a double queen.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While you may have spent most of your time outside the hotel, I’m glad that you felt you had a comfortable space to return to at the end of your business day. We will strive to continue being a location you can rely on to provide a comfortable stay during your travels. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon. We’ll have breakfast ready for you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!