“Enjoyable”

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was my second time at this hotel, both work trips. Check in was easy, the room was clean and fresh. My bed was comfortable and the linen was nice quality. The workout facility and pool were both nice. Not a huge pool but seemed to be well maintained. The restaurant in the lobby, T-Bones is nice, great food and a really nice wine selection. The bar, Martini's, was nice too. They have a small convenience shop. Check out was also easy. I do like this hotel.

I had 3 minor issues in my room that I wanted to note for other travelers.
1. The plugs at the nightstand were used for the lamps. I had to plug in my phone charger behind a chair and I was afraid I would forget it at the end of the week, luckily I didn't.
2. Like another guest wrote, I was put off by the maid tip envelope. I too usually leave a tip but the envelope bothered me.
3. I don't like to have my room made up every day. I personally feel it is a waste of resources and I leave the do not disturb notice on my door. Every day I did this I had a message that told me they saw the notice and did not do anything but if I wanted towels or something to let them know. At the end of a long day I really didn't want to be logging onto the phone service just to get a message over and over again and if I didn't get the message I couldn't get rid of the blinking light. Wouldn't it be easier for them to just leave a sticky note on my door?

Room Tip: A portion of the rooms overlook a small highway, if you are a light sleeper ask to be away from the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback! Our staff will be thrilled to read your kind words about our hotel and further motivated to exceed your expectations.

I would also like to thank you for your critique of the rooms and apologize that the outlets in your room were insufficient for your use and that the envelope was bothersome. I assure you that the envelope is there solely for the security and satisfaction of our guests—to ensure that there can be no mishaps of housekeepers accidentally taking a guest’s loose or unmarked money, thinking it was a tip. If there is any way we can make this practice more comfortable—or if you think this practice should simply be eliminated—I would love to hear your thoughts so we can find a better solution for all of our guests!

Your point about the inconvenience of receiving a message each time your “Do Not Disturb” notice was honored is one that makes great sense, especially after a long day. We want you to be comfortable; not be given another task to take care of. As a hotel we will be meeting to discuss alternatives that are more convenient while still assuring our guests that we are at their service.

Thank you again for staying with us and writing this review. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have been traveling all over the world for business and I am a Platinum member of Marriott for at least 10+ years straight. While I'm working in my hotel room, I noticed an envelope that has a 3-paragraph printed on the front with a space to put the housekeeper's name. This is the first time that I have seen such manufactured envelope. It almost looks like a donation envelope that the Catholic church sends out to their parishioners. The printing states:

"We hope that everything done for you has met with your satisfaction. Your housekeeper has tried to make sure your stay with us as pleasant as possible. If there is something we can do to make your stay even more pleasant, please let us know. We are providing you this envelope for you to leave something for your housekeeper's efforts if you choose to. Please come back and stay with us again soon. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest... The Management. "

As my normal practice, I leave some tips to the housekeeper when I check out. Normally $5-20 dependent on the duration of my stay. But seeing this envelope, I find it offensively pushy from the management side. Of all the hotels I've stayed domestically and globally, this is the first time I've seen an envelope like this with the printed writing. I've seen friendly notes from the housekeeper wishing me a pleasant stay or just some nice touches by noticing how I placed my toiletries or pillows and running shoes. But envelope like this is way too much. Is this where the trend is going with the hospitality business? Next thing you know they are going to put tip jars at the front desk. I hope not. I expect the hospitality industry to stick with the status quo and let their guests propagate the message that it is nice to give a tip to housekeeping since they are underpaid and do a great job setting up your room. But don't put it in our face. That's too much.

I do like staying in this hotel and will continue staying here during my business trips. But please try not to be aggressive with your management practice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for being one of our Platinum members—we truly appreciate your loyalty. I also want to thank you for your thoughtful comments about the envelope in your room. We never want to make our guests feel anything but comfortable, and if the envelopes felt “pushy” or in any way insincere of the type of hospitality we strive to provide, I apologize for that. I would like to take a moment to explain the intent behind those envelopes, in hopes that this might change your view on them; but if not, I would be happy to speak with you personally about any suggestions you might have to improve our practices.

We provide the envelopes in the guest rooms to address an issue often raised by guests: How can we ensure that, if a guest chooses to leave a tip out of their own generosity and volition, the housekeeper knows it is for them and receives it. Often, unmarked money that is left as a tip will not be received by a housekeeper, because they cannot be sure if it is intended for them. To the housekeeper, that unmarked money may have been a guest’s loose change that was either left lying out or perhaps had fallen out of their pocket/purse/etc.

The envelopes are designed to remedy this by providing a mutually agreed-upon site where the housekeeper can be sure it is safe to receive from—thus ensuring the security of our guests’ belongings in their room and satisfying our guests’ desire to know that their generous tips are received. We do try and make clear in the text on the envelopes that it is only “if you choose to” leave any kind of tip, but I can certainly understand how the envelopes might be seen in a different light. We will continue to consider different ways of addressing this complex issue to satisfy our guests.

I want to thank you again deeply for raising this concern to us, and for staying with us. I assure you that our brand of genuine hospitality will remain intact well into the future, as we strive to improve how we host our guests each day. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

As a former area resident, this is our hotel of choice when we come back to visit family and are unable to bunk with them. Our stays here are never long and we always find the rooms clean and comfortable. Can't really comment on the amenities because we don't use them, spending all day visiting and only sleeping and showering in the hotel. I disagree with many of the reviewers of this hotel, despite the business Mecca Bridgewater has become, the quality hotel options are limited and this one is one the best without heading down to Somerset or New Brunswick. The hotel staff was nice and treated us with the status appropriate for our Marriott Gold Status. No complaints. As many have mentioned, this hotel is a wedding Mecca. We expect it when we stay on Saturday and on our most recent stay there were 8- noise was not terrible but parking was a nightmare- there should be reserved parking for registered guests and limo services should not be allowed to occupy regular parking spaces. Beyond that, the Bridgewater Marriott has always proved to be a solid option for us and we would stay here again

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for writing this review and kindly regarding us as your hotel of choice in the area! I’m thrilled to hear that we are able to make your stays seamless and comfortable, so that you can enjoy what's important: time with family. I also want to thank you for your understanding with our wedding parties. As you mentioned, we host many beautiful weddings and events on the weekend and do our best to keep noise levels as acceptable as possible under the circumstances. I appreciate you bringing to our attention that limousine services have been taking up guest parking spaces, and will be looking into the issue with our team to try and find a solution that better serves all of our guests, whether they are with a wedding party or not. Thank you again for your excellent feedback, and we will strive to continue being a location you can rely on for a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here one night recently and it was pleasant. Arrival and front desk checkin was quick and friendly. Had access to executive lounge on 8th floor which is a nice facility and well equipped. Breakfast in the lounge was ok- on par with other lounges. Last time I was there they had a chef omelette station which was much better. Rooms are well appointed and clean. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind feedback! Our staff will be thrilled to hear that our concierge lounge met both your standards and our own. We will continue to explore different breakfast offerings to make the lounge even more enjoyable for all of our guests. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good business hotel. Rooms are clean, and well presented. Great beds for a restful sleep.
Bar downstairs is good and staff friendly, and food is quite reasonable. Close to shopping mall and walking distance to alternative food options if you get over the hotel food and need a change. Italian restaurant opposite, chapoltle (mexican), and cheesecake factory to mention just a few

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms that are close to the ice machine especially at the weekends if there is a wedd...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I’m glad that you found our location comfortable and convenient for your business needs. During your next stay, I hope you are able to sample even more of the many great dining options local to our hotel, including our own T-Bones Steakhouse and Martinis Bar & Grill. Our front desk staff would be happy to offer their insight on local dining as well! Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Bridgewater Marriott is a comfortable hotel that has a great bar area, two delicious main floor dining rooms and a lobby lounge thatLes it fun to sit around and relax. Rooms are nice sized and we have lucked on to some packaged that made it affordable to get separate rooms for us and our teenage daughters. Bridgewater mall is a great shopping destination and we usually start our Christmas gifts here. There are also fun options around like a fine in amc movie theater. You are actually edited on while watching a movie in a theater. Also plenty of restaurants around and small towns for browsing. Steak restaurant in hotel is delicious. We look forward to our return trips!

• Stayed: November 2012
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I’m glad you were able to get such great value from your stay with us, enjoying both our hotel and the attractions in the surrounding area. As you mentioned, there are so many great options in the area for both shopping and dining--including our own T-Bones Steakhouse, which I’m glad to see you found delicious! Thank you again for staying with us and we eagerly look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The Bridgewater Marriott makes a Very Good first impression. The lobby is inviting with plenty of sofa and chair seating. The rooms were very nice, clean and have large, flat screen TV's. Comfortable beds and "Green" products - there was even a flyer encouraging reuse of bathroom towels, with no obligation.
I was surprised there is not a hot tub and the pool water was almost too cold to swim in. There is a very nice fitness room and individual, private work space if traveling on business. The hotel has a number of large ballrooms, perfect for hosting large conferences, along with a restaurant and full, late night bar for guests.
The staff was always very helpful and friendly - even went out of their way to secure a luggage cart for me during a chaotic Sunday checkout rush. Great stay and recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and writing this review! I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you seemed to get the most out of all of our hotel’s offerings. Our staff will be thrilled to hear that you found them so helpful and friendly amidst a fast-paced Sunday morning. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay and hope to make it even better than the last!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!