“Attention to detail” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Attention to detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Spent January 22nd and 23rd at the Bridgewater Marriott which included the evening of the latest snow storm for that area. I was delighted and impressed that the Hotel arranged to clean the snow from the cars as well as clearing paths between the cars to allow for easy and unobstructed access. I applaud and thank the Hotel for their consideration of their guests. The room and services within the hotel were also outstanding

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us during our most recent stretches of winter weather. I'm glad to see that our snow removal efforts made your stay more comfortable--it was our pleasure to assist you! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am a regular at this hotel and they are consistently the most polite and friendly team with a great attention to detail. This week they showed outstanding care for all of their customers. The east coast has 1 foot of snow Tuesday night and Wed morning came the Polar Vortex cold. I looked out my window and noticed that there was no snow on my car, and I noticed that there was no snow on any of the cars in a very full parking lot. The hotel staff had gone out early in the morning and cleared snow from every single car. Not only that, in addition to clearing the parking lot of snow, they had taken extra care to go between cars and shovel the snow manually to make it easy for guests to get into their cars. I have stayed at a lot of hotels all over the world, but this definitely tops every standard of customer service, especially under such tough weather conditions. A huge thanks to the entire management and staff at Bridgewater Marriott for their outstanding service. Great job.

1 Thank Biju N
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
First, I would like to thank you for your regular stays at our hotel. Beyond simply your loyalty and business, the relationships and familiarity with our team that each of our regular guests bring is wonderful. I’m glad to see that we were able to help make the winter storm conditions more manageable for you and all of our guests, and I thank you for your kind compliments for our staff. We will strive to continue being a hotel that you can rely on for your business travels. Thank you again for staying with us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, nice people, best surprise ever to lookout my window to see everyones cars are cleaned off from the 6+ inches of snow last night. Thank you!!!! What a great surprise and an incredible example of customer service especially when it is 2° outside

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review! We understand that the last thing that anyone wants to do before they start their work day is clean the snow off their car in the harsh cold. I hope our cleaning crew was able to make your stay a bit more comfortable, despite the unfortunate weather conditions. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back—hopefully, in nicer weather!
Bethlehem PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed here many times on business. The staff never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday we had a major snow. The staff was out in force cleaning snow all day. This is not terribly unusual in and of itself. We were comfortable in our meetings, no problems dreading the next day and getting our cars out of the drifts. I have to say that this morning, I was stunned. This hotel had a staff out cleaning the snow off of every car in the lot. Wow. 5:00 A.M. and they were at least halfway done with the lot. I have never had my car cleared of snow by a hotel.. KUDOS and thanks!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for continually choosing our hotel for your business travel needs. We understand that situations of extreme weather present challenges to our guests, and I’m happy to hear that we were able to take care of your car so you could focus on what’s important. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit!
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had a recent business trip to Far Hills and chose the Bridgewater Marriott for my stay of several nights.

I arrived by rental car on a cold and snowy night, the check in process was friendly and efficient and I was off to my room. One very nice surprise was a warm urn of hot chocolate that was by the reception desk for guests. Given the cold night this was very welcome and the chocolate was creamy, chocolaty and very hot! It was wonderful.

My room was standard Marriott, clean efficient, quiet and very comfortable. The typical Marriott bed offers a great night sleep as well.

As a platinum member of Marriott Rewards, I had access to the concierge lounge and found both the evening snacks and morning breakfast to be very good and typical of what is found at Marriott hotels.

For the entire stay, the staff was friendly and efficient, the hotel was comfortable and a good choice for my work. Next time in this area, I will happily book the Bridgewater Marriott for my home away from home.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Far Hills. I’m thrilled to see that you arrived safely during our most recent winter storms, and enjoyed a warm check-in—from our staff to the hot chocolate! It is our pleasure to host you, and we will continue working hard to be the first-choice as your “home away from home” in the area. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I really appreciated the helpfulness of the staff. There was a problem with my room key, and John at the front desk fixed it immediately and gave me concierge access for my trouble. Later they even called my room to make sure all was fine. I have to say that I've certainly had room key issues elsewhere, but never were they so quick to fix, apologetic, and with follow up. During the rest of my stay I experienced the same level if service from all staff I came into contact with, especially front desk and housekeeping. I will be coming back to the area and plan to stay here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us! We know first-hand how frustrating it can be when you get to your room, only to find that your key doesn't work. I’m glad to see that our staff was able to take care of the issue so that you could simply enjoy your time in the area. We’ll be looking forward to making your next stay even better!
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were simply looking for a place to "crash" while visiting family. Somerset County, NJ is not a resort area, but I must say that the brochure included in the room shows there really is a wide variety of things to do around there, both in town and in the countryside. This is a no-frills, well-kept hotel. It charges extra for almost everything (so I think it's intended for business travelers), but the base rates were quite good, at least on the weekend. It was right on the outskirts of Somerville, the largest town in the area. The only problem is that it's on one of these roads they build for commercial properties only: a mall, some banks, restaurants, and this hotel. The two ends of the road empty you on to highways, so navigating out of there is hard or easy, depending on where you're going.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel! It’s fantastic that you were able to enjoy the attractions in the surrounding area while visiting family. While the various roadways that intersect near our location can lead to confusion—as you said, depending on where you’re headed—our front desk agents are very knowledgeable of the area and would be happy to help you get going in the right direction. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Courtyard Basking Ridge
Courtyard Basking Ridge
#3 of 4 in Basking Ridge
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!