Bridgewater Marriott
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$143
US$217
US$171
Residence Inn
US$70
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streetthe concierge loungeroom serviceshopping mallmake your ownshake shacknice hotellittle priceyfamily weddinghotel staffbed was very comfortablenew jerseyindoor poolbreakfast buffetbusiness travelstaff was friendlyjuicer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I visit this hotel regularly when travelling to US for work and stay here. I stayed this time for a full week and enjoyed the comfort this hotel offered. This hotel is not the closest to our US office but offers a free shuttle bus service in the mornings and afternoon to and from the main offices in the area. The shuttle bus driver is very nice and chatty man, who always asks me where I am from and gets amazed by how I ended up where I am. He is very nice and has never been outside of US.

The hotel is well decorated, roomy, clean and the staff are very helpful. The gym is great and 24 hours. The bbq restaurant down stairs offers really good food and there is a more casual bar type area to it too, which I haven’t tried.

I love their breakfast buffet. You can make your press your own fruit/veg juice and the breakfast bar has everything I like. From fresh fruit to cheese, meat, omelette, yogurt, oat meal, home made granola, etc.

The rooms are big and roomy. They are well decorated and very clean and comfy. Best of all, if you fancy shopping, there is a great big mall across the street and if you are too tired to walk, the hotel offers free shuttle to the shopping mall. Coming back you can get a shuttle from the mall but I walked. I will go back to this area for work soon and I will choose this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2009

This hotel is in the process of a getting the rooms renovated. Very updated furniture, and a 37 inch LCD flatscreen is what my new room had. It was a very nice room. There were 2 wedding parties the night I was there, and suprisingly, the hallways remained quiet. If you want to take nap during the day however, do not try to do it while the renovations are still going on. There was drilling going on in the room right above me, But I was absolutely fine with that, as I much rather hear it during the day than in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank jay1974usa
Reviewed 8 November 2009

My husband and I decided to run away from home for the evening and have some US time from the kids. We checked in this hotel because we wanted the pampered style treatment. The check-in desk was very nice, everything went well until it was time to go to sleep. I went to sit on my side and I felt like I just sat on a marshmallow !! My husband awaken with a terrible headache because all night he tossed and turned...My husband and I are kinda use to sleeping on very firm beds, because we have bad backs. I say if you suffer from any back problems don't even check- in....Other wise eveything else was GREAT!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladydee63
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott for two nights as my HS reunion was across the street. The hotel was very, very nice and I would recommend it.

The rooms (and the entire hotel) were very clean and new. The bathroom was spacious, especially the counter tops- and the bed/linens were comfortable and immaculate. The room was a good size.

We found the staff there very accommodating as well. It is directly across the street from some good restaurants (Maggianos) and the mall- as well as a Starbucks.
We would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathryninfl
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I spent a few days here over the weekend. I arrived around 7 PM and was checked into a super clean room on the Concierge level as I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier member.

The room was spotless and had a king sized bed, 42 inch plasma TV with several actual HD channels, a chair, desk and a chest of drawers. The bathroom was well stocked with extra towels as well.

A few of the network channels were not working throughout the weekend, and after several calls, one of them came back on for the night. I woulnd up being credited extra Marriott points.

Their steakhouse is pricey and I only ate some appetizers in the bar. The chicken fingers were undercooked, but the mini burgers I got instead were fine. I have eaten both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant on prior stays and the food-especailly the filet mignon, is excellent as is the service.

For MR members, the offerings in the Concierge lounge, especially in the evening, are not too exciting...and sparse. Also, as the lounge is closed on weekends, do NOT book a Concierge level room at a premium price thinking you will be able to use the lounge. You will waste your money!

Internet is a ridiculous 12.95 plus tax per day. Wireless is available in the rooms, and it is pretty quick. I literally used it for 15 minutes, so the 12.95 was removed at checkout. As part of this wired for business package, you do get free phone calls (local and domestic long distance.)

The hotel is across from the Bridgewater Commons mall, and another small shopping center (which has a starbucks, Maggiano's and a Chipotle as well as some shops.) The main mall has a food court and several restaurants.

It is conveniently located off routes 287, 22, 78 and 202/206. Flemington is about 15 minutes away. There are lots of businesses in the area as well.

If you need a quick escape or have business in the area, this hotel is a very good choice. I have stayed here in the past and things have been, on occasion, hit or miss. However, the current staff is very helpful and went out of their way to assist me. I also used the envelope placed in the room by the housekeeping staff. She wrote me a nice note, and kept me well stocked with towels and bottled water.....she really did a great job keeping the room clean.....and as a former housekeeping manager, I am really picky!

The hotel gets rather busy on weekends, especially with groups and sports teams, however secirity did a good job keeping then in line.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo