“Convenient...helpful staff...comfortable rooms”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Global
“Convenient...helpful staff...comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 18 February 2010

This hotel is very convenient to many corporations in the area.

Friendly, helpful, and informed staff, made my stay even better.

Good restaurant --- nice selection of food, and good service.

Breakfast can get VERY crowded... even at 7 am.

If you can --- venture out to Sommerville. Main Street is lined with restaurants, and we are glad that we were able to visit one of them.

There is a mall close to the property --which we visited after a LONG work day. It is a nice mall, and was almost empty.

We wish there was expanded shuttle service to client sites, the mall, etc.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 February 2010

We were very impressed with the Marriott in Bridgewater. The staff was great and knew we happened to be there around our anniversary and surprised us with a bottle of wine which they certainly didn't have to do. It was close to our event, close to shopping, and we stayed a little extra since we knew the area and happened to know that there are some great restaurants very close to the hotel in Somerville. The pool was nice but we ended up making a quick exit once a large group showed up and took over. That said, we didn't know they were in the hotel even though we expected to hear them.

I would highly recommend the hotel. Great location as far as proximity to 22, 287, 206 and 78, Bridgewater and Somerville and surrounding areas. If you are going into NYC know you will have to drive a bit but can get to Port Authority in about 40 minutes give or take. You can also take the train from the somerville train station.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 21 January 2010

If you're needing to stay in the Bridgewater area and are looking for an upscale hotel then this is a great match. I felt it was a little far from the airport (LGA), but it still wasn't bad for NYC. It took a little over an hour in the middle of the day to get there.

There was a fair selection of restaurants nearby within a few minutes drive.

The club lounge was well stocked. Appetizers and desserts were so-so and breakfast was wonderful. It was also nice that they acknowledge Gold level customers with a special gift as that is normally only provided to Platinum guests.

The majority of their rooms have recently been updated and they did a great job. All the staff was very friendly and I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night on New Year's Day. This hotel is one of the best Marriott properties I've enjoyed. The T-Bones restaurant has exceptional cuisine. Breakfast is outstanding and I suggest ordering one of the specialties on the menu. The chef's do a superb job.

Pool and fitness center is very clean. The decor of the rooms and the hotel is very attractive and all the rooms have been renovated. The entire Marriott Staff is very accomodating.

This hotel is located directly across from the Bridgewater Commons outlets and mall and easy to find off the highway.

You won't be disappointed with your stay at this hotel. Definitely 5 star. Check out the special winter rates currently offered by the hotel when making reservations.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CessyGirl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I visit this hotel regularly when travelling to US for work and stay here. I stayed this time for a full week and enjoyed the comfort this hotel offered. This hotel is not the closest to our US office but offers a free shuttle bus service in the mornings and afternoon to and from the main offices in the area. The shuttle bus driver is very nice and chatty man, who always asks me where I am from and gets amazed by how I ended up where I am. He is very nice and has never been outside of US.

The hotel is well decorated, roomy, clean and the staff are very helpful. The gym is great and 24 hours. The bbq restaurant down stairs offers really good food and there is a more casual bar type area to it too, which I haven’t tried.

I love their breakfast buffet. You can make your press your own fruit/veg juice and the breakfast bar has everything I like. From fresh fruit to cheese, meat, omelette, yogurt, oat meal, home made granola, etc.

The rooms are big and roomy. They are well decorated and very clean and comfy. Best of all, if you fancy shopping, there is a great big mall across the street and if you are too tired to walk, the hotel offers free shuttle to the shopping mall. Coming back you can get a shuttle from the mall but I walked. I will go back to this area for work soon and I will choose this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 4 December 2009

This hotel is in the process of a getting the rooms renovated. Very updated furniture, and a 37 inch LCD flatscreen is what my new room had. It was a very nice room. There were 2 wedding parties the night I was there, and suprisingly, the hallways remained quiet. If you want to take nap during the day however, do not try to do it while the renovations are still going on. There was drilling going on in the room right above me, But I was absolutely fine with that, as I much rather hear it during the day than in the middle of the night.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank jay1974usa
Greenville, Delaware
Reviewed 8 November 2009

My husband and I decided to run away from home for the evening and have some US time from the kids. We checked in this hotel because we wanted the pampered style treatment. The check-in desk was very nice, everything went well until it was time to go to sleep. I went to sit on my side and I felt like I just sat on a marshmallow !! My husband awaken with a terrible headache because all night he tossed and turned...My husband and I are kinda use to sleeping on very firm beds, because we have bad backs. I say if you suffer from any back problems don't even check- in....Other wise eveything else was GREAT!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladydee63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!