“Entire group pleased!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
New York
“Entire group pleased!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

Facilitated a group of about 20 here for meetings in the local area. No complaints at all, everyone pleased with their rooms, service, comfort, etc. Camille did an outstanding job making sure everything was perfect. Tbones - outstanding food, great service, had a lunch and a big group dinner here. Fantastic!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

Two words that I will continue to say over and over again is "Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!" The Marriott Bridgewater went above and beyond our expectations during our stay for my daughter's wedding. Camille, the hotel's event coordinator, helped us every step of the way in creating a stunning brunch for the day after the wedding. The food was amazing, the vineyard room was beautiful and the service was beyond spectacular. We just sat back and enjoyed visiting with our guests and they did all the rest. Everyone of our guests said that their rooms were stunning and they felt like royality, just like my husband and I. Camille had a bottle of Penot and a tray of fruit waiting for us when we arrived which was a welcomed site. My daughter and new son-in-law said their bridal suite made them felt like a king and queen. I will always recommend this hotel and want to thank them again and again for the wonderful time we had.

The Marriott organization has a true employee that will do whatever possible to accommodate their guests.....and that person is Camille!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
northeast US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

Great value for a nice hotel. Was roomy, staff very pleasant. Only a few really small complaints, towels were STIFF and scratchy, they need to be upgraded and rooms seemed really warm, like sweat through your shirt while sleeping warm when temp set at 65, maybe it's the mattress since some now contain the memory foam and that can reflect body heat. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. It's right across the street from an upscale strip mall and restaurants if you choose not to dine in and very close to a mall with a Macy's, Cheesecake Factory, etc. Checking in was a breeze but check out needs to be more organized for sake of desk attendants and guests as I was standing in line to check out and people just pushed their way in front of me to get there first. They need a roping system to maintain civility amongst those who don't have it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and stayed here. Everything was so clean, from the room to the pool to the exercise room. Great location. It only took us about 30 minutes to get to the holland tunnel to go into NY. The food was awesome. At the breakfast buffet they have a juicer with the fruit and vegatables already set-up ready to go (High quality juicer was a plus). So for those practing a clean diet they accomodate us as well. Even though I could not resist the french toast. Oh well, I am back on track now. I would stay here again. The concierge named Sandy was very nice and helpful. I will be writing Marriott as well to commend him. He went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had all of our questions answered and he offered great advice. The bed was veryyyyy comfy also.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbagirl4
Potsdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

At least from a European perspective, this is a strange Marriott (at least if you take it as an upmarket product which I guess it is meant in comparison to its Courtyard brand). Directly at a major highway and only surrounded by parking lots you probably would not get the idea of staying here if don"t have (i.e. if you do not have to do business near-by). Rooms are average, breakfast and bar OK but nothing special (all the more considering the price of USD 200 ++). At least the night staff seems to be untrained (upon quick check-out my room card was blocked, which seemed to be a major problem to be solved). On the upside: the pool is reasonably sized, even allowing a swim (however, the outside are is directly at the highway).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank rb63
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

Guest rooms and public areas tastefully decorated and very clean. Good equipment in the gym, so no excuse not to fit in a workout!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

I was on a business trip for one night. All it took for me to want to stay a lot longer was seeing the (about) 46" wide screen TV in the room when I walked in!

I wasn't disappointed in expecting the usual VERY comfortable bed and the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy soap and shampoo in the bathroom (OK- I admit it. I do like enough to have asked my wife to get me some for our house). The shower pressure was pretty good. The towels were NOT very plush and in fact, pretty scratchy.

The rest of the room was pretty standard fare..a few ugly pictures on the wall, a desk with a comfortable chair in which to sit while working. It seems ridiculous, but the clock radio was a simple and easy to use one with a jack to plug in an MP3 player. I have been in some hotels where you needed to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to set the alarm (guess I'm just getting old).

What annoys me about these expensive hotels is that they charge for Internet and they charge high. This hotel gives you option of wired or wireless. Wired cost $9.95/day and the wireless cost $12.95/day.

If you want to exercise there's plenty of equipment here to use. Also there's a pool, but keep in mind that they have a buddy system in effect. NO swimming alone and a minimum of 2 adult guests have to be in the pool area. I'm not sure if this enforced or not. If the manager is not on the hotel premises the pool area is supposed to be closed.

If you're staying for business, the business center offers complimentary B&W copies (up to 20), and up to 20 copies machine collated and stapled. There's costs per side after that. They have computers for you to use, but you have to win a lottery to afford it (or expense it on your expense report). They give you 5 free minutes but then it's 50 cents per MINUTE after that.

I never tried the restaurant so I can't comment on it. There is a Maggiano's restaurant across the street and a Chipolte. Other restaurants and diners can be found close by just by adventuring out.

Check-in was a breeze and checking out was done via the TV in the room.

Oh, keep in mind that Marriotts are all NON-SMOKING. Marriott says they will charge a guest $250 if there is smoking in the room, but I wonder if that's ever been enforced.

All-in-all, I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg
Courtyard Basking Ridge
Courtyard Basking Ridge
#3 of 4 in Basking Ridge

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!