Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
SWINDON
“great hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

A very good hotel at a very reasonable price! We were checked in quickly and efficiently and given local area advice. We were expected as they reacted to our name and had the paperwork and keys all ready for us. We were given plenty of information about the amenities without being prompted.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2012

It's a place to shower, sleep, and such, not a full service anything. Of course, it's a Day's Inn, and it is quite inexpensive, especially in an area like New Jersey. So, I'm not griping, I got what I paid for, and maybe more. Everything works, it's clean, and the staff is a bit busy (I got there behind 2 busses full of tourists, yikes, but they got me checked in in under 5 minutes), but very efficient, and polite.

Plus marks for value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We recently stayed here for a week in June on business. Other reviews have mentioned that the hotel is dated. While this is true, there are signs that they are renovating and they do keep the grounds nicely groomed. Rooms were clean and serviceable. The price was right and a reflection of the accommodations. The hotel bar kept unusual hours and seemed be be closed most of the time. This was not a problem, I highly recommend the Houlihan's next store. It has great food.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I were in Raritan recently for our grandson's HS graduation. As my daughter's house was full, we needed a place just to sleep for four nights. In shopping around, this Days Inn had the most reasonable price and location (just 5 miles from daughter's house). We were pleasantly surprised. Our room had a King-size bed, a small loveseat, microwave, and fridge. It was spacious and clean. The service staff was friendly and there was a clean, nice sized pool. The bar on the premises was not always open in the evening; however, there is a Houlihan's within walking distance. The continental breakfast was minimal, but adequate. There were two tour buses stopped there during our stay, but this did not affect the service and we had no problems with noise. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I had to be in the Raritan area for a little over a week. After one night in a terrible motel just outside Raritan, we moved to Bridgewater and got a room at Days Inn. We've both been very happy with how clean this Days Inn is. If you're expecting something spotless, you'll probably be disappointed. I mean, it is a motel and people come and go all the time. If you just want a decent, reasonably clean room with comfy beds, 4 pillows on each bed, and decorations and amenities in the room that appear relatively new, you might like this Days Inn. I am a stickler for a clean bathroom, and this one makes me very happy. Not one single hint of mildew in the shower / bathtub, and that's saying a lot considering that the shower walls are tiled.

**HOWEVER**

This has to be the -loudest- motel I have ever tried to sleep and work in! Holy cow! We have a room on the second floor that overlooks the swimming pool. From before it's time for my hubby and me to wake until well after the time when we'd rather as asleep, the screaming absolutely does not stop, period. We both have to work; we're not here for play. We've started going to my husband's warehouse to work because we can't even hear ourselves think in this place.

I love kids. But I don't love kids behaving as though no one has ever spent even a minute teaching them that it's rude to scream, bang on the doors of strangers and litter the halls with trash. I feel terrible for the housekeeping staff. They do a beautiful job with our room and with maintaining the hallways, but every morning they also have to pick up candy wrappers and soda cans from one end of the hallway to the other. There's no sense in that. This doesn't really seem to be an isolated incident with one or two rude, inconsiderate families staying here. People have come and gone during our stay, and the screaming and littering just doesn't stop.

I've witnessed kids routinely locked out of their rooms and left to cry in the hallways, and the parents are as bad as the kids with all the screaming and yelling.

Because of the location of our room, we also have the constant screaming from the pool echoing through our room night and day, and it's not just the kids. The adults with them are screaming, too. I suppose you can't expect kids to know how to behave when their parents don't know how to behave, either.

Please know that I don't think loud voices and kids playing equal screaming. I raised two boys, and I know that kids get rowdy, especially at a swimming pool. There's a difference between playing and being a little rowdy and screaming for the sake of it all day long.

Because lousy, inconsiderate guests have been the general state of this particular motel since we arrived, I don't know whether it's the location or just that it's summertime. I don't think it's only one or two families causing all the grief, because people have come and gone. I talked with the management about the noise, and the lady at the desk was very nice. But unless I call the desk constantly, there's really nothing to be done. It's not like they can hear it from the lobby.

Overall, I would say that this motel is worth the cost, since it's relatively inexpensive. If you have a high tolerance for noise, the rowdiness might not bother you. Rooms that are away from the pool area might not be as bad, and I imagine that when it's not swimming season, it won't be as loud, either.

There is a continental breakfast downstairs. It's ok. Typical muffins, bagels, coffee, cereal, milk and juice. Unfortunately, the coffee is always gone when I get there, and they don't make more.

There is a very small bar downstairs, but it hasn't been open all week. Someone told my husband that the bar tender is on vacation, which we thought was weird. I would have expected that they'd staff the bar with another bartender, but that's just me.

As for getting around in Bridgewater… well, if you're not from this area, best of luck to you. Thank God for GPS. There is simply no way to "get there from here" without making it a huge event, and I don't think there is such a thing as a left turn within a 10-mile radius. There is nothing within walking distance, and no sidewalks even if there were stores nearby, so you'll need to stock up on the things you'll want while you're out. The gas station just past the car dealership doesn't even sell soda. You'll need to enter the road in front of the motel, exit off that road onto another, find turn-around to get back on the road in the opposite direction, exit back off THAT road going the opposite direction, and then go back again just to get to a location that is 1/4 mile away from the motel as the crow flies.

If you go into Raritan proper, which is several miles away, there are a host of very good pizza joints and other restaurants. Raritan is a cute little town. Very quaint. Once you find a place to park, you can walk to loads of little shops. I noticed several vehicles parked with their windows down, so that says a lot about the safety of the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are very loud in the summertime.
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

i actually ended up staying here 2 nighs in a row in 2 different room. i was supposed to leave area but work kept me another day. my first room was had a king bed, was very clean, was slightly dated but the tv was a flat screen, the second night i was in a double, did not have a flat screen. both rooms had microwaves and fridge. price was very reasonable for the area. there is a houlihans within walking disance along with a diner. u get 10% off bill at houlihans with room key. there is also a sports bar in the hotel, but they have very select hours. they are not open in weekends :(( there are also tons of other fast food in area if that is more your style. i gave an average room rating due to dating and nothing else =..

Albany, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Hate to give a place a low rating but our room really smelled bad and there were a lot of cigarette burns in the comforters. Other than that the cost was incredibly low, everyone was friendly, and it was in a convenient location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank trav3llers

Travellers are raving about these Bridgewater hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
#4 of 6 in Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg

Been to Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area? Share your experiences!