“A really lovely place to stay”

Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brigantine
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We just got home from a week at the Legacy in Brigantine. What a lovely place to stay...we had a studio...but it was more like an apartment...even though it was a big room....the bedroom/living room/dining area was extremely comfortable...maybe one more dresser somewhere could be done or a bigger one between the windows....just one more drawer ,maybe...the drawers were deep and roomy but, if you stayed a longer one may have needed one more. The kitchenette was perfect...two people could not work together but we are used to that from our kitchen at home. All the appliances were new and great. It was spotlessly clean even though it was an older building. My husband and I loved the building...it was vintage 1920's and so beautiful The staff was phenomenal....Daphne and Sean were wonderful and housekeeping people were helpful, as well. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I usually love to swim at the pools when i do the timeshare route...but this one had such an incline on the side that i could not use it as I need to "hug the wall" so to speak....it was warm ut could have been just a little warmer. Next time i come I will have my life preserver on so I can go right down the middle. We will definitely be back...as soon as we can. Thanks, Legacy. PS Perhaps a few more TV channel choices?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello Gloria!

First, we would like to thank you for choosing Legacy Vacation Club for your recent trip to Brigantine. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, it means a lot to us.

We will absolutely keep in mind the comments you've made regarding the dresser in our guest rooms, the temperature of our pool, and the television channels being offered. This constructive criticism will be passed onto our maintenance teams.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff; we're proud to employ such a hard working team.

Please visit us in the future, we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Service was great! Sean at the front desk gave great service & information. The whole staff was great. I was sorry I had to leave today. The wife & I will be back soon! And we have also spread the word about out stay. :)

• Stayed: October 2013
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hello Antmonie!

We're so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. Thank you for choosing Legacy Vacation Club during your recent visit to Brigantine. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review and these comments.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend after reading the reviews we were a bit leery but loved the location. When we walked in, the lobby is very nice and the check in was easy the staff very friendly. We pushed for an elevator the doors opened and it was very very old and run down. We had a room at the end of the hallway a one bedroom. Walking in the first thing that caught our eyes was the sleeper sofa old, dirty and spotted. The carpet was old and in spots it was bunched and worn down. The very very small kitchenette was sticky dirty and grimy, we had planned to eat 2 meals in the room but changed our mind quickly. The bathroom appeared to be cleaned and ok looking but when you looked up the ceiling was buckled looking like it would fall in any moment. The flushing was another story, anytime you flushed it would go down and come back up again (everything that was flushed) it was horrible. We called down and they brought us a plunger....a plunger really???? It wasnt a matter of no courtesy flush it was anything!!!! When we pulled out the sleeper sofa for our children we got the sheets and blanket the sheets didnt smell fresh the blanket had a huge whole in it and felt like it was made from insulation so we called down they brought us clean sheets and a nicer blanket. The latch behind the door was gone the wholes were there with no latch not a very safe feeling at night. They had a telephone in the bedroom with the cord not attached we tried to put the cord into the receiver but it was broken, that was no big deal but if they overlook something like that you know that the cleaning crew isn't paying attention to making sure everything is in excellent order for their guest the mirrors behind the doors were all spotted with hand prints and streaked with something obviously not cleaned. Trying to sleep was a challenge in the bedroom portion the toilet tank keeps making a very loud sound every 10 - 15 minutes it keeps filling without anyone using it. The walls are thin so you can hear everything one night we had to go in the hallway at 2 am to ask the ignorant people screaming and drunk to please be quite. The only other minor issue was when I called to make reservations it was over a month ago they were offering a prepaid rate which was less expensive I asked about the rate and was told that if I decided to prepay just to call back and they would change it. I did call back and was told I had to prepay when I made the reservations I asked if the calls were recorded for quality assurance the young man didn't understand what I meant so I let that go. The other thing at the time I made the reservation I asked if they could request an updated room and a room on the higher floors, neither was done nor was it in our reservation request.

I think that the location is wonderful the staff very nice but would not ever stay here again nor do I recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room maybe call the front desk yourself prior to making reservations.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mariu59
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Weekend getaway with the girls. Better than expected. The room was clean and yes the tv in the bedroom was smaller than the living room tv but who cares....did not watch much tv in the bedroom. Yes parking was a struggle but not bad for a fall weekend.

Room Tip: High floor...good view of the beach (701)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to see that you had a great stay with us in Brigantine! Thank you for choosing Legacy Vacation Club for your recent girls trip.

Please accept our apologies if parking was an inconvenience. This is an issue we're working hard at resolving. We hope it did not affect your vacation too much.

Come visit us again, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews we were a little leery about staying there. But once we arrived, we found that it was nothing at all what others have said. We loved the architecture and history of this grand 1927 hotel. The rooms were clean and freshly painted with new flooring, furniture, and kitchen. The staff were eager to please and very prompt in bringing anything we were in need of. The location was ideal. Walk out the door and you are on the beach. It can't get much better then that! They offered suggestions to restaurants, area attractions, and directions if needed.The area is very family oriented, and clean. However, I can see where parking may be a problem at times, because of the restaurant next door, but during our stay we did not have any problems at all with parking even with a wedding at the restaurant over the weekend. The view from the room was fantastic.We really enjoyed our stay at the Legacy and look forward to our next time....:>)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori P
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hello Lori,

We want to thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review! We're so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Brigantine and that we exceeded your expectations.

We especially appreciate the comments regarding our staff. We're lucky to work with such a dedicated team, who makes it their mission to provide guests with excellent service.

Please come visit us again! We'd love to see you in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Legacy in Brigantine this past August and we loved it. Everything seemed newly painted and fresh. The view was fabulous. My only complaint would be the small TV but who goes on vacation to watch TV? The place had a lot of charm and only on Friday and Saturday night was the parking a hassle but the valet guys were right on top of things. Great location, close to AC and stores are close in town. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mitchell S
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Hi Mitchell,

We're thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Legacy Vacation Club in Brigantine. Thank you for taking the time to leave these details about your stay. We really appreciate all of the nice comments you made about our resort.

Please accept our apologies if parking over the weekend was an inconvenience. This is something we are working hard to improve.

We'd love for you to keep us in mind for future vacations. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am a Legacy owner in Orlando, and traded my week for something closer to home this year. I traveled with my husband, 2 kids and my parents. We stayed in a large studio (because there were no 1 bedrooms available even though I booked 3 months in advance, and am the owner of a 2 bedroom in Orlando. We stayed at Brigantine for 5 nights (Fri - Wed) and it definitely has ups and downs.
First the pros - LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!! Can't beat it. Right on the beach, right next to the Laguna Bar & Grill.
The staff was very friendly and tried to accommodate us as best as possible.
Cons - Parking is HORRIBLE. We arrived on a Friday evening and the parking lot was jammed. (Keep in mind we came in 2 cars), and were told at the front desk that only 1 car may park in the lot. My husband had to sit in the car in the parking lot, and wait for a spot to open up. The hotel suggests valet parking on other reviews, but the valet was for the restaurant, so I'm not really sure how you would get your keys if you're staying overnight. My parents had to drive around the streets looking for a spot (imagine trying to see yellow curbs vs white ones in pitch blackness).
As for the room, upon check in we asked for a renovated room. If what we got was a renovated room, then I probably would have immediately left after seeing a non renovated room. The room was old, dingy and the furniture was completely out of date. Prior to arrival my husband and I planned to sleep on the pull out sofa, but decided against it after seeing it. Instead we ordered a cot and slept on that. The carpet was completely detached from the floor below and in desperate need of a vacuum. The backsplash behind the stove was splattered with something and the only mirror in the room looked like it had been cleaned never. I understand that the hotel was built in the 20's and can completely respect old charm, as long as it is CLEAN, and I don't feel it was. The bathroom was tiny, and had no vanity. Just a pedestal sink. There was no room for toiletries except for on top of the toilet which is gross. The shower floor was stained but the tiles were not moldy at all. We all wore flip flops in the shower and we had no cold water in the bathroom sink. Only hot. Its awesome brushing your teeth with hot water. I would not allow my children to walk on the rug barefoot, which was met with a lot of defiance considering it was summer! All in all it was an okay visit, with some much needed improvements.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We're very sorry to hear about the inconveniences that occurred during your stay with us here at Legacy Vacation Club in Brigantine. We do our best to accommodate guest requests but as a timeshare property during a very busy summer season with owners, sometimes this can prove difficult. Nonetheless, this is not an excuse and we hope you accept our sincere apologies.

We request that you please reach out directly to our resort and ask to speak to the resort manager so he can address your concerns on a one on one basis. We can be reached at: 609-266-2266.

Best regards,
Legacy Vacation Club

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigantine
La Sammana Resort
Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget
#10 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach? Share your experiences!