“Too many rules @ pool!”

Brigantine Beach Club Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brigantine
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Nice pool except for the Nazi's that guard it. First you're not allowed to bring you own furniture so if you don't find what they provide comfortable you're SOL. If you have sholder lenght hair you have to wear a bathing cap. What is it 1950? No radios, pool toys or anything that may cause "FUN" to break out. Can't have that happen at the beach!

None of this would be that bad if the board members that enforce these rules had any people skills at all. Instead they shout you down and threaten you .

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank HannibalSmith
There are newer reviews for Brigantine Beach Club Resort

Reviewed 26 April 2011

If you look for a quiet nice beach condo this is the place to go. I stayed there back in September with my husband and in laws and we had a great time. There are two buildings one ocupied by residents who like things to be quiet, they have thier rules and we were fine with these as we were seeking for a quiet relaxing vacation. There are two heated swiming pools, one of them is only for adults (18 years old at least). Be aware there are no restaurants on site, Brigantine Beach Club is located on a residential neighborhood but there is a supermarket a few miles away. To get to the beach you need to walk about half a mile, but it is a nice stroll. The beach is wide and clean; we took some chairs and a little cooler with us and had a great time, excellent location for flying kites! As soon as some friends knew I was staying there, they advised me about the parking issues they had, but to be honest I had no problem at all I just followed the rules and placed the parking tag on the rear view mirror as instructed. We rented a two bedroom two bathroom condo; with a nice living room, full equipped kitchen, including microwave, coffee maker, crokery, cutlery... Enven a washer and dryer were in there! The air conditioning worked fine and we noticed they have heating as well. This is an old place but the facilities are well kept. The front desk staff is very friendly! It islocated 15 miles from the airport and just five miles from Atlantic City. Do not miss the Boardwalk, the Ocean Life Center and the Casinos! I will definetly reccommend it for families looking for a peaceful week at the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank nicoletanicoli
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Brigantine is not for those who want to play music so loud it shakes the fixtures on the neighbors wall, for families who let their children run wild screaming and splashing other guests. For Ruenda, it was your responsibility to check the pool guidelines before booking. 3 years old is pretty standard for pool privileges at other resorts/hotels. You told them to call the police when you refused to abide by the policies yet were shocked when they did? My guess based on your review was that you were confrontational with the life guards and they called your bluff.
In any case, this resort is well kept and maintained. They are very strict in enforcing the policies so if that's a problem you should save yourself and the other guests the hassle and stay elsewhere.

2  Thank donna92149
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We stayed at the Brigantine Beach club the week of 8/27/10 via Royal Holiday Club. It is an older but well kept resort just a few miles north of the Atlantic City Marina casinos. Our one bedroom unit was just fine for the beach; located in an entirely residential neighborhood. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. Our condo was clean, nicely furnished with an updated kitchen. Unfortunately, the one bedroom condos do not have a balcony, Also, the TV in the bedroom was VERY small, but who is there to watch TV, anyway? It is true, it is a bit of a trek do the beach, but it is a beautiful little walk. The beach is magnificent, very wide and clean. I suggest bringing some type of chair on wheels, etc. to lug all your beach stuff up. You can see the marina casinos in the distance. Very pretty. As for the comments about towing, it's really simple. If you keep your condo tag on your rear view mirror as instructed, they do not tow you. They must enforce this due to issues with people using the parking lot that are not guests or residents. Many of the people here ARE year round residents. They were all friendly too! There is a small pool on the grounds and an adult pool that is only open on weekends. If you are expecting a wild and crazy place, this is not the resort for you. It is a great place for a nice and relaxing week without party types or unruly children. I would definitely return!

2  Thank 5oclocksomewhere
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Have gone previously in the past 2 years and didn't think much about the old people around. Now that I have an almost 2 year old little girl- I completely understand all the posts about the old CRABBY retired men & women who dictate what happens in the pool and condo, They are all nosy and get involved on everything going on in pool. First day there it was 4pm and I put my 2 year old potty trained daughter in pool. The non English speaking lifeguards couldn't explain why I needed to take her out of pool. They simply said she is under 3 years old and I needed to take her out. I said no that unless they could show me in writing that my daughter was going to stay in pool. I proceeded to get out of pool and some old over tanned cranky man told me I was stupid and to take my daughter out. I said no and he said he was going to call the police.i said go ahead and he did. It was ridiculous that he did that. Here I am a 7 month pregnant woman with a 2 year old and I told the man not to curse in front of my daughter and he is telling me i'm stupid and an idiot because I won't get my daughter out of the pool. The police came by and they finally found a written set of rules that said that any child under 3 years old is not allowed in pool as per condo association rules. So police told me I have to follow rules. It totally ruined our vacation! When you book a week long vacation at such place they should share with you that you can't have any children under 3 years old in pool. You are paying for a room with pool & beach and are not allowed in pool. They say they have a kiddie pool but it is a tiny hole with dirty water that is only as high as my daughters ankles.The stress of going to the pool and not allowing my daughter in was horrible and we too had to leave our vacation early. The old people their rule the place and you are not allowed anything at pool. No music, drinks, loud talking or any kind of fun. If you have KIDS>>>PLEASE DON'T GO TO BRIGANTINE BEACH!!!!

8  Thank Rueda2
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The resort is very nice and clean. The apartments are very spacious and well kept. The place is managed by a condo association and about 60% of the apartments are occupied by the owners who live there 100% of the time. This place is more apt for families with olders kids or adults since the folks that own the condos are mostly retired and are looking for peace and quiet. We are a young family with 3 kids and it was clear from the beginning that we were not welcomed. The women from the association kept making comments about our kids and looked for reasons to make our stay pretty miserable. I wish we would have know this from the begining because I would have not stayed there. We ended up leaving our vacation early because we felt so stressed out.
Additionally, i noticed the women in the association are always looking around the place and leaving notes in the elevator calling out the tenants: For example someone hung their towels on their balcony railing (which is not allowed) and there was a note in the main elevator.
The walk to the beach is about 1/2 a mile long. Half of the walkhas a very narrow boardwalk and the other half is sand. Again, if you have a young family then you know there is a lot of stuff to bring to the beach and little ones cannot make the walk. So even though is says it is right by the beach beware of the walk. There are other places in the island that have a much shorter walk. I would recommend this hotel for older folks and not it should not be advertised as a "family firendly' place.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank lissette98
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I went to see what this might be like in a warmer season. It is right on the beach, which looked great. Nice views of the hotels of Atlantic City while a calm distance from them. Easy to get where you want to go and very helpful hotel/condo/timeshare staff. The rooms were quite comfortable and reasonably spacious (had a 2 bedroom, 2 BA, living room and kitchen unit) with pleasant but not a lot of decoration. Perfect spot to return for a beach vacation.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank enghien
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigantine
La Sammana Resort
#2 of 49 in Atlantic City
Showboat Hotel
Showboat Hotel
#17 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Brigantine Beach Club Resort? Share your experiences!