“No frills but clean”

Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here because we needed lodging in this area and all the B and Bs were full. It suited our needs and it was clean. There were no drinking cups in the bathroom and we were afraid to use a glass out of the cabinet for fear of being charged a dish cleaning fee. Ditto for the coffee cups although there was a small coffee maker. But there was plenty of coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning. Cleanliness and location were the key factors and we were satisfied here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness and location of our hotel. Please know that we would not charge you for using our amenities in the room as they are there for your enjoyment during your stay. Still, it is good to know that you took advantage of our free coffee in the lobby.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We needed a place near family and this hotel fit the bill. We checked in late at 10:30 and they had held our reservation.
There were ample restaurants open for a quick near midnight meal. Our 95 pound lab was welcome for a $25 fee. The room was clean, big enough and easy to get to. After we were settled in, reception called to be sure all was well. It all worked out better than expected.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel suited your needs and met your expectations. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I picked this hotel more for it's location than any other reason. First impression was very positive, the building was presentable and the ground well cared for. The people on the desk were friendly and efficient' another place where training has paid a dividend. My room was comfortable for one or two people and very clean and fresh. There was a kitchenette that was sparsely equipped but I am quite sure that the staff would supply additional items if needed. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw but I found the pace to be very quite, was not disturbed by noise of any kind and had a good nights sleep each night of my stay. I would recommend this hotel based on all the above and as a plus the rates are extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: I don't usually like first floor rooms as they are normally subject to noise from the parking lo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank harold66

Harold - Thank you for posting such a positive review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our rooms to be very clean and comfortable. We strive to excel in customer service, so I'm glad that we accomplished that with you.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I chose the Extended Stay with the idea of cooking dinners during my stay. The room was furnished with one frying pan and when I requested extra cookware, they brought me one more frying pan. Other than the disappointment of not being able to have home cooked dinners, and once I was informed that the rooms were serviced only once a week (extra towels, etc were available at the front desk) I enjoyed my stay. The front desk clerk was very nice, the location was great and the room was clean. Booking online for a discounted price made the stay even more enjoyable. I really liked that there were smoking rooms available.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ginny P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Ginny - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies that we didn't provide enough cookware for you to prepare your meals. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide you with such great customer service. I'm glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room, location, and the choice of having a smoking room or not.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is a 2 star, short term stay only hotel. The free wifi and grab and go breakfast are so deficient, they have to be considered non existent. The rooms are clean, and the location is safe. The price is comparable to the local 3 star hotels that have gyms, pools, hot breakfast, and working free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dolores M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Dolores, I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that your stay was not as satisfactory as we would have wanted. Please accept our apologies. To uphold our company's high standards, we will take in consideration your opinion and we will do our best to improve moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mto@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was our first time staying at the Extended Stay in Budd Lake, NJ. It is a new facility. The room we had was a ADA/wheelchair accessible room. The doors were all wide enough to get through easily and there was plenty of room to get around. The kitchen area was open so was also very accessible. We did not have a roll-in shower which would have been nice. The bed was a little too high but much better than some of our previous hotel beds. Even though we had a kitchenette, they provided a "breakfast to go"....coffee, muffins, fruit and granola bars. It was a good stay and we will stay there again when returning to Budd Lake.

Room Tip: If you need a ADA room be sure to tell them that when you book so they will put it in the record and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angelmkrrr

It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that your room didn't have a roll-in shower. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provide you with a room and kitchen with enough space for you to move around. It's great to hear that you appreciated and enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed for three nights. Hotel was very nice and clean. Had my dog along and had plenty of place to air him and walk him.

Only issue was hallway on 3rd floor needs to be cleaned and aired. Very bad odor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Jane - Thanks so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that you smelled an odor on the third floor. We are currently working to eliminate this. Still, we are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable and pleasant stay overall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Budd Lake
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Hackettstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake? Share your experiences!