“Great value...but no frills”

Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great value...but no frills”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is a nice size room in a good location. Easy access to Routes 80, 46 & 206. Plenty of restaurant choices and retail near by. There is access to a Walmart, supermarkets & drugstores near by. I was traveling with my family and we needed to stock up so this was a pleasant surprise that everything was so close by. The room itself is a standard chain hotel room. It was clean so that is all we asked. I call this a great value because it was significantly cheaper then surrounding hotel options

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Front desk hard to understand. Forget about rig parking. DONT TAKE ANYTHING LONGER THAN A 40 ft TRAILER AROUND BACK. Corridors smelled like burnt fish. No front desk 11pm to 7 am. I can't believe in an "International Trade Zone" this place and the holiday inn exist as they do. In the area maybe try the Marriot. Haven't been there yet but can't be worse.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This review is late, but well deserved... My college girlfriend got married during Columbus Day weekend 2013 in Parsippany/Whippany. Everything was booked, except StayAmerica in Budd Lake. I made the reservations and booked promptly online.

Drove from DC to NJ, and was a bit tired. But check-in was smooth. The manager (pardon me, I forgot her name) was nice and efficient. Upon entering our room, we were surprised by the cleanliness and space (see pictures). Amenities and snacks were offered at the desk, and available in the room, as well as food menus. There is a Chilli's, Walmart, mini-mall, McDonald's, and Staples nearby.

The only complaint I have is the bottom of the tub. I know those stains are HARD to remove, and the tub was cleaned thoroughly. However, a re-glazing will remedy that. I have no other complaints.

My family and I were impressed and enjoyed our stay. If we're ever in the area again, we will stay here again. The layout was clean, and welcoming. Thank you to the staff for making our visit awesome!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I work in the PTAC industry and immediately removed the cover to the Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (in the room I stayed in) and the amount of debris and filth hidden by the unit's cover was sheer negligence. As I did not pull out the unit it was impossible to view the underlying drainage pan - but I'm guessing it had a large amount of long standing moldy bacterial water in it. This can be very dangerous and harmful to any guest even for a one night stay - even worse for longer stays with children. As an informed guest it is also your responsibility to check the PTAC in every hotel room you stay in. Because you are the one who will be breathing in the contaminated air during your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kleenGuy
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the PTAC unit in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I am going to talk to my Maintenance Engineer to ensure that he does a thorough cleaning of all of our PTAC units so we can provide more great stays our guests in the future.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mto@@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
St.Joe-Benton Harbor, MI
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This "Hotwire secret deal" turned out very good, as most do. Son is buying a home in the area and we needed a central base to work from and this is a good location, nice, quiet, and clean with very good free secure WIFI. The "complementary" breakfast is packaged muffins and fruit which is ok, but the coffee is really good. FYI, as this is an extended stay, don't expect daily housekeeping but you can get all the towels you want, and making a bed is no big deal...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TruckDriverFritz
Manager_11525, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our delicious coffee as well as our property's location. We thrive to impress our guests and accommodate them with all they need.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel frequently, and I must say the service here is wonderful. Kimberly has been very accommodating and even remembers me as a frequent guest, which is impressive due to the volume this hotel has. It is a great value and I will keep going back because it is clean, convenient, and the service is the best!

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am proud of our team for providing you with excellent service, especially Kimberly for acknowledging you every time you come to visit us. Our guests, just like yourself, are of utmost importance to us.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I think this place is fair with their price. Their front desk are really nice and friendly. The grab and go breakfast is good but its just until 9.30 and I woke up late. Still one of the front desk was nice enough to give me some coffee and muffins. My room was very clean and I called the front desk to ask for a pizza # they immediately helped me (which was really nice). I don't know what the other comment is talking about because the breakfast was free and also there is not pool there, so how can they have it under maintenance if there isn't one. Well my experience in the hotel was overall good .. I would def. come back to this place if I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review. It's great to hear that our wonderful staff was able to help you and accommodate your needs. I am also pleased to hear that you found your room clean and enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Residence Inn Mt. Olive at International Trade Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway

Been to Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake? Share your experiences!