“Awesome for tournament”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Awesome for tournament”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Chek in was quick and efficient. Line was out the door due to families arriving same time fir babe ruth softball tournament.
Room was ready early. Air worked great, was worried. No fridge in room. Asked for one and received next day. Should be standard. Room was clean and bathroom spotless. They had to accommodate many families dur go tournament.
Food at breakfast was awesome (not included) was worth price. Wings at the bar outstanding. (50 cent) special. Staff was very friendly. Need more washers and dryers. Courtyard was nice. Kids loved pool area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Management08031, Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
We thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Our staff is fully dedicated to providing the ultimate in comfort and satisfaction for all of our guests, and we are extremely excited that you had an enjoyable experience. We will make sure we share this with our dedicated staff. Thank you so much -and we look forward to having you at our hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Hotel for 2 nights and it was very clean and the staff was very friendly!! It's nice that this hotel allows you to bring your cat as well. We were very satisfied with our stay here at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I held my husband's surprise 50th birthday party because of the proximity of this hotel in our house. I can say, it could have been wonderful because of the Banquet Staff, from Mr. Pete, Ms. Letoya and the Banquet staff who attended to us. They were very friendly and very attentive to our needs. Kudos to these people. They are asset to this hotel. The food was great! With a big EXCEPT of the function room! When I went there to find out which hall will be assigned to me since I have at least 100 guests, they showed me this Salon B & C. I was assured that this will be able to accomodate 100 guests. I saw it was being renovated. Happy to see and hear that because of new carpeting. But did not expect that the big hose or tube for airconditioning will be there during my party. It was a turn off! I think that was a reinforcement for airconditioning. I thought that was just part of renovation during that time. Did not realize that it would be there during the party. I was picking my husband for the party and I was told by our guests and family that there was a black out. Also, the entire party, I was dying of heat. It was very warm inside the hall. I have worked for 11 years in the hotel industry and my husband for 22 years and having a good airconditioning system for party is crucial since, the guests need to be comfortable. All these guests and with the dancing, I feel like I was going to die of exhaustion. I tried talking to the Bryan who was assigne to us. But all I got was an apology. Nothing has done with the airconditioning. I will not recommend this function room not till they fix that hose and airconditioning system of this hotel. Unless you want and your guests to get soak with sweat after dancing all night long! But as I said, the staff were excellent! Everybody was pleasant and very friendly!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AgnesFA
Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We booked a block of over 30 rooms for a wedding. Upon arrival we discovered the place was being renovated - wallpaper, paint, carpeting - with workmen everywhere. The A/C in the lobby and common areas was broken. There was very little the front desk manager was concerned about - we called him Chuckles. There is no free breakfast here - 11.95 for the buffet. They literally tore up the carpet in the hallway outside our room, leaving a sticky backing and razor blades in their wake. Wet paint was not marked, and my daughter and her bridesmaids had their gowns on for pictures, dodging ever so carefully all the construction materials and dirt. It is one thing to renovate, but they should have done it one floor at a time, closing off the work areas completely. I am done with Holiday Inns - this one just happened to be closet to the wedding hall.

2 Thank villager05
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear villager05,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my deep apologies for the inconvenience our renovations may have caused during your stay. We are all very excited about this and how beautiful the hotel will look and hope you will come back once they have been completed.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to Oak Grove, Ky.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Budd Lake hotels

New York
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn as guests of a wedding. The room was very clean; the desk staff was very helpful. The hotel is obviously very accommodating of weddings and their guests. We were guests of one of three separate weddings in the same weekend. At the post-wedding party, the bar was well-stocked but over-priced. The check-in and check-out experiences were both were easy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a wedding party. The Good: I never ran out of hot water and although we did not have our room serviced during our stay our run-ins with the maids in the hallways was always polite and friendly. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The building is nice and you can tell they are maintaining and making improvements. Although we didn't use it, there is an indoor pool area and the kids seemed to be having a good time and my family relayed the breakfast was adequate. This hotel is not too far from decent restaurants and shopping centers including a Wal-Mart. Not walking distance, but a short drive. The Bad: I wish our room had a mini-fridge and microwave. We have had these things at local hotels that had much lower nighty rates. The hallways did have a musty smell but I'm going to assume the carpet will be one of the things they will be renovating sooner than later. These are really minor complaints. The Ugly: THIS HOTEL ALLOWS DOGS and unfortunately my aunts were in a room next to rather barky ones. They did not get much sleep. Although this is not the hotels fault, I wish they had responded to the complaints about very unruly guests. Yelling and running up and down the hallways at 2 and 3 am is NOT acceptable. With as long as it went on, somebody from the hotel should have stepped in and asked them to stop. With all that being said, yes I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from any devoted to guests with pets.
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend while attending an event in the area. The location off I-80 is convenient. The grounds are well manicured and quite welcoming. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and well equipped. The lobby is attractive and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Room service was quick and courteous. Several wedding parties were in residence so I asked if my room was away from the noise as I had to be up early the next day. The person at the desk assured me it was but said if I had any problems, please let them know and they would take care of it. The place was quiet by 10:30 pm so there were no issues with noise. The pet fee of $75 feels a little steep, especially for a one night stay. However, being a holiday weekend, my hotel choices were limited.I would still recommend this hotel to people due to the cleanliness and great staff working there. They made a very long trip worth it with their hospitality!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area? Share your experiences!