“Great homemade soup!”

Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great Soup!
Good food.
Found ourselves in historic Burlington City today at lunch time. Asked a store owner for her choice of a lunch spot and this is what she recommend.

I had the chicken parm lunch for $8.95. It included soup or salad, garlic bread, pasta of choice and a lunch sized portion of chicken parm.
When I asked what the soup was, I was told Egg Drop Spinach Soup.
Egg drop spinach soup didn't sound good, but I took the advise of the helpful waitress and tried it. I loved it. Restaurant quality soup at a pizza shop, who woulda thought.
The sauce was great and chicken was good restaurant quality.
My wife had the chicken Caesar salad for $7.95 and she said that it too, was excellent.
Not a real fancy place, but definitely a step above a strip store pizza joint.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The food was okay, but the service is abominable. Seven of us went to this restaurant, one of us had hair in her pasta. The waitress was apologetic, but the management was rude, arrogant and wouldn't even apologize for the faux pas. When one of our party pointed out that there are 7 of us who eat out often, we were told that that didn't care if we returned, they didn't need us to return to their restaurant. The attitude was, too bad, it's not our fault you found hair in your food.

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Nice little pizzeria in historic Burlington City. The first time I came here was during a motorcycle bike night sponsored by the city. I was very impressed with the food and service.
Today I came for lunch. I ordered the chicken cachetorrie dinner special with penne pasta. Excellent meal that came with hot garlic bread. I only gave 4 stars because the mushrooms in the meal seemed to be canned. I could be wrong bit they looked that way to me. Otherwise, great meal and service.

Been to Francesco's? Share your experiences!