“Great little B&B!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Byram B&B and Inns
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Great little B&B!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at The Tamaracks for a night, I was in the area for a business event the next morning. Cate greeted me outside and walked me in. She had me pull my car right up to the door so that I didn't have to carry my bags more then a few feet. They really did an amazing job renivating the old building over the last 12 years. Its a perfect blend of what was left of the structure and what they added to complete it. Its decorated perfectly...warm & inviting. I felt comfortable immediately! Cate showed me around and gave me the history of the property. When I asked for a room in my price range with a balcony instead of the room my office booked for me, she didnt hesitate to show me two rooms and let me pick. One room is cuter then the next so it was a tough decision! I stayed in the Stone Rows room. This room doesn't have a tub to soak in but I dodn't mind. I wanted the balcony instead. The room was great and my bed was phenominal! Cate & Tom are such nice people...Cate let me borrow her iron & sent fresh baked cookies to my room around 7pm. I'm disappointed I wasnt able to stay for breakfast as I had to leave early for work. Thanks Cate & Tom! You have a wonderful place!
Niki T.- Philadelphia, PA

Room Tip: Although I didn't stay in the Woodland Path room, it was my favorite. I think its perfect with a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Niki T

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nutley
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at Tamaracks Country Villa in Mid-October on our wedding night. It was a last minute decision to stay but so worth it. We only had a few hours between the wedding reception and returning the next day to see family off and we wanted to go back and experience the entire Villa for all it had to offer.

My wife and I decided to go back again for a longer stay this weekend and we were not disappointed!

We stayed in the Davanzatti Room on the ground floor.

It is one of the more amazing B&B's I have ever stayed in. The services was perfect, starting with a late check-in on Friday, to homemade cookies on the table when we arrived, to breakfast with the other guests on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Cate and Tom are among the best in the business... hands down.
They were accommodating with every amenity we could have wanted... even going as far as blankets for a walk down by the lake.

I am a writer and was in the middle of a time crunch. Tom and Cate made us feel like family at, every turn. Giving us access to any spot in the Villa to sit and write or read in.

These two are more family now than strangers and we will be going back again in a few weeks once the novel is done to celebrate

Room Tip: First floor rooms are all magnificent. The second floor is quieter, but honestly with the setup an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My fiance and I were searching to stay at a bed and breakfast for our wedding night. We did not want to stay at a main stream hotel with the rest of our guests. I happened to find the Tamaracks Country Villa in a Google search and decided to book it.
We loved everything, from the heart made out of rose petals on our bed, to the privacy that the inn had to offer, and finally, the one-of-a kind breakfast. We stayed in the Artist's Studio, and what I loved about this room was the vintage copper bath. So of course, the morning after, I had to try it out. Well it was wonderful :-)
We will definitely be back, and thank you Tom and Cate!!!

Room Tip: I recommend the Artist's Studio!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I wanted an easy getaway from the city for our anniversary and we found it at the Tamaracks Country Villa. Off the beaten path and nestled in a quiet neighborhood, the hotel boasts spacious rooms and the owners of this lovely B & B have gone to great lengths to make the guest experience a relaxing one. We stayed in the Artist Studio suite complete with an in room bath tub and fireplace. We woke up in the morning to the smell of waffles, Cate and Tom were wonderful hosts and great cooks! We would definitely recommend this little escape!

Room Tip: go for the artist studio, it felt like we were transported to another country : )
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend there in October. The place was beautiful and the service great. The views were amazing, and very relaxing.The rooms are spacious yet cozy. We highly recommend it and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Berkeley, California, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

On the day after our wedding, my wife and I hosted a brunch at Tamaracks for 70 guests. The setting was spectacular -- our guests kept commenting on how comfortable, pretty, and quiet the inn was. The rooms are charming as well. We already have it in our calendar to come back here on our first anniversary!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Portsmouth, new Hampshire, USA
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at The Tamaracks twice this summer, the first time in July and the second in mid-September. It is a beautiful,serene place to stay. The rooms are large, spacious and airy with lots of room to put one's "stuff". Breakfasts are very good and Cate and Tom are wonderful hosts. My sister and I especially loved sitting on rocks on the edge of the lake, watching the birds in the sunset. What a restful spot. I happen to be a birder, as is my sister, and we spent many hours bird watching on the property. The first time I stayed in the Woodland Path room. The second time, my sister and I were in the Old Orchard room. Both were just lovely. The Old Orchard room had plenty of space for the two of us. The Woodland Path is smaller but had a nice balcony.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rae D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byram
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta
Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Newton

Been to Tamaracks Country Villa? Share your experiences!