“A little bit of Vermont in Califon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Califon
The Raritan Inn at Middle Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Califon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I planned a getaway weekend at the Raritan Inn and had a wonderful stay. It compared favorably to our many vacations in the New England area. John was a great host that provided for all or our needs and made a great country breakfast for us. I would highly recommend the Raritan Inn for a stay of any length.
Gene & JoAnn

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I, along with four other couples, were at the Inn for a surprise 45th birthday party. The Inn keeper, John Bovill was an excellent host and tended to all of our needs. The stay was very memorable and I highly recommend the place. The Inn was recently updated and made the stay very comfortable. Despite the frigid overnight temperatures there was plenty of heat and hot water. No details were spared during the renovations. The crème brulé French toast in the morning was awesome.
I highly recommend a stay at the Raritan Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I felt very welcome by John, the Inn Keeper - all my needs were attended to in a profesionnal yet friendly manner - the inn itself was beautifully and artfully decorated with many antique items, including furniture - the food was delicious at breakfast time - I recommend bed & breakfast establishment to anyone wishing to be totally spoiled!!! Patricia Boynton - Fort Myers, Florida

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool or fitness center but I can't seem to get my evaluations removed!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2012

John, the innkeeper, is wonderful and makes you feel like family. Use of the inn is from Friday afternoon through Sunday, which includes the 5 rooms. I had our stylist come to us in the morning which was great with the fantastic breakfast John and his staff prepared. You can elect to have your rehearsal dinner on the grounds, which we did not. We also did not have our actual wedding ceremony there, as we wanted to be in a church. We had a tent put up and used the barn in our cocktail hour. Everyone loved the venue and the whole look. Nearest hotel for guests is Courtyard Marriott in Lebanon, who you can arrange shuttles with. Overall, the site is beautiful, and the staff is wonderful. Our pictures looked fabulous and the compliments on the classy yet relaxed feel of the venue keep coming months later!!!

Room Tip: Just be sure if you are using as a wedding venue that you ask LOTS of questions about charges and se...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Tucked away and worth the stay! This beautiful B& B is tucked away, yet easy to find in the north eastern part of New Jersey. Late October offers spectacular beauty! Be sure to take note of the GPS directions and you will find the Raritan with ease. John, the inn keeper, will welcome you with a warm smile and a personal tour of his inn. Take in the history. This adds to the charm. The renovations preserve the rustic charm, yet, provide all the modern amenities anyone would want. Neat, clean, warm and cozy. We had the opportunity to attend a family wedding at the Raritan - the setting is perfect! The barn served as the reception hall and the ceremony was held down by the river. This place is truly memorable.

Room Tip: For a really special night, chose the room with the spa tub! The Warren.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My mom, sister, and I stayed at the Raritan Inn for a special trip we took together and wanted a more unique experience by staying at a B&B. John the innkeeper was more than accommodating and made our stay really pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I never sleep well when Im on vacation but the beds were so comfortable and I slept so good! Breakfast was great every morning and we took the bikes they provide for a ride, so beautiful there, in the fall especially. I would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: im sure every room is great but we stayed in the sussex and the morris...both were nice
Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We recently filmed scenes from a music video at the Raritan Inn. Both the service (the innkeeper was amazing) and the beauty of the inn and property exceeded our very high expectations. We’d highly recommend the Raritan Inn as a prospective filming location and for a restful stay in a picturesque setting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
RaritanInnkeeper, General Manager at The Raritan Inn at Middle Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for allowing the Raritan Inn to be a part of making this amazing music video. I really enjoyed hearing the song and can't wait to see the final cut
All the best as Dustin makes his way as a country music star!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Califon
Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
Neighbour House Bed and Breakfast
Whistling Swan Inn
Whistling Swan Inn
#1 of 1 in Stanhope

Been to The Raritan Inn at Middle Valley? Share your experiences!