“Great Activity”

Nature Center of Cape May
Ranked #18 of 58 things to do in Cape May
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the Harbor in Cape May City, this learning center and exhibit aquaria is dedicated to providing environmental education for people of all ages.
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The Nature center is a must on your visit to the island. I never feel like I am at the beach when we visit here, which is nice, because I don't like to just go to a beach town and sit at the beach. Numerous wildlife to see.

2  Thank travelingquad
There are newer reviews for Nature Center of Cape May

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Right on the Bay, the Nature Center of Cape May provides hands on experience with the sea life and bird sanctuary. The children can help capture fish, crabs and assorted aquatic life and see them up close. The knowledgeable guides make it a fun and informative time.

1  Thank Leigh L
Reviewed 30 November 2011

we learned about the complete life cycle of these wanders. the center had beautiful examples of the pupa. these look exactly like a glass bead with gold bans. then we went to the triangle garden and experienced the gorgeous butterflies as they lit upon the plants. it was sunny, warm and perfect!

2  Thank tree i
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My wife and I signed up for their Harbor Safari, but because we happen to be the only 2 to do so , it was cancelled. We did spend some time at the Nature Center taking in the sights of the bay. They had many other educational activities planned for summer. The center refunded our money and set us up with the a kayak tour with the group that runs out of the center. I think it was Nature trails. Trip was great. Would not recommend for young kids or not athletic individual during the height of summer, because you have to cross the main boating channel to get to the marsh. Once on the way out, then again on your return.

Reviewed 10 March 2011

The Nature Center of Cape May is not one of those fancy bells and whistles environmental education facilities, but it a wonderful, welcoming center where my family and I had a great few hours enriching ourselves about the wonders of the natural world. The welcome center building has a fantastic view of Cape May Harbor from its deck and lookout tower which my kids had a great time climbing and using the binoculars provided by the friendly staff.We took several programs throughout the week including our favorite Harbor Safari where we "seined" for critters in the water of the bay.

1  Thank CaptCapeMay