“Excellent Greens and Fairways!”

Cape May National Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicknamed "The Natural," this scenic 18-hole golf course surrounds a fifty-acre private bird sanctuary.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The course was in great shape although my game was not. Very nice layout. I have played this course at least 3 previous summers and do not remember it being in such great shape. The new tablet based GPS was great and I have not seen this type GPS before. Thanks to the staff for a great outing!

2  Thank Chris D

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Awesome layout and conditions. I am a scratch player so I really enjoy when courses are in good shape and this was excellent. Challenging layout from the back tees. Will return

1  Thank golfguy01
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had a similar experience to the previous reviews. I received an e-mail offering a discounted tee time for the Saturday before Memorial Day. I made a pre-paid reservation and received a confirmation from both Golf Now and Cape May National. Later in the day I received another e-mail from Cape May National cancelling the reservation. No explanation was given. After several phone calls and e-mails, I was told the reservation was canceled because too many discounts were mistakenly offered that day. Cape May National blamed Golf Now for the mistake and Golf Now blamed Cape May National. I was also offered a $10.00 discount instead of the originally advertised price. Needless to say, I will not be playing there again.

3  Thank RJT713
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have played Cape May National about a dozen times over the past 2 summers, an average course but usually enjoyable.

Two weeks ago, I booked 2 tee times for the upcoming Friday before Memorial Day online. Received a call two days before the tee time and was told that the price they posted on their website had changed, and it was going from $54 a person to $95 a person. Explanation- We forgot to raise the prices for Friday, but we always set it at $95 for this weekend.

Although I can understand errors are made, I asked that they honor the original posted price that was confirmed when I booked the time. They refused, citing they would go out of business if they were to honor those prices.

In addition, the general response was they would not honor the price, but would be willing to give me $10 off the correct price if I wanted to switch to a different day of the week (seriously?) or to after 2:00 PM.

Mistakes happen, but as a business, telling your customers that (1) you will not take ownership of your mistake and are instead dumping it onto them, and (2) either agree to pay more than the agreed upon rate or take your business elsewhere, is just grossly irresponsible and disrespectful.

For an average course that is managed in such a below average manner, it is safe to say - play elsewhere. $95 for this low quality course when better courses like Shore Gate and Harbor Pines are charging $89 is a rip off.

2  Thank CDevlin1228