“A very good stay!”

Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“A very good stay!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I highly recommend Madison Avenue Beach Club while staying in Cape May. This was our first time staying here and the reviews were so great and spot on. We traveled w/2 dogs and the prices for their stay were very reasonable. The pet studio room we booked was spacious enough for two adults and a big pup and little pup. We were able to have a comfortable amount of space for us all. The kitchenette is nice and I loved the more modern and large bathroom. The pool was suprisingly not too crowded at all during mid July and was pretty clean. The surrounding lawn and seating areas are nice and very well taken care of. The office staff was very helpful from booking questions and easy check-in and out. The 11 a.m. check-out time is very nice. Gives you a chance to have breakfast and not rush. Very amply parking also. We were able to park in front of our room every night we were there. Not a far drive to the beach or shopping @ Washington Square. There were realliy only two things that kept me from giving a 5 star. While the maid can not enter the room to clean while occupied by pets unless crated, it would be nice to have been able to know a time range when they could do our room. Our dogs were not crated and it was exceptionally hot so we only had them out towards late afternoon and early evening so our room was never swept or cleaned. Our maid did leave us towels everyday outside. Possibly our fault for not asking but it would have been nice to know what arrangements we could have made to have our room cleaned to change sheets and a good sweep of the floor. We had to give back our dirty towels and dispose of our own trash pretty much. Also, if they added some hooks to hang wet suits or towels in the bathroom, that would have been a big help. There was basically no place to hang things to dry. However, we did really enjoy our trip and we for certain will be going back again and are planning to be long-term customers!

Room Tip: I thought the rooms on the first floor to the side of the pool were more private as far as sitting o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mbciotti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 19 July 2013

First I want to say thank you to the other reviews that helped me select this motel. The winning feature of this place is the value - a very nice "beachy feeling" place for reasonable money, which is rare in Cape May.
CONS: In trying to arrange my stay, I called the motel 3 times and no one ever answered the phone. I then emailed a question then no response to my email. I felt the pool opens too late in the morning. No views; its in a neighborhood. Also I am 5'9" and I was too long for the bed.
PROS: Good location, huge nice bathroom, nice kitchenette and fridge, good quiet air conditioner. They generously gave out free beach chairs and videos and were very friendly in the office. Easy late check in process.

Room Tip: I was in 34 Sun Catcher Studio 2nd Floor. This room is hear the elbow of the motel, more shade, mor...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LM4u
new jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Quiet a few blocks from beach. Easily walkable. Mostly families with children. During my first week of July stay all the kids were well behaved. Motel was full NO VACANCY.

Exterior. Pool was cleaned every morning.. Rooms had outside seating spots that were well used at night. Ice and soda machine available.

Room. Clean. Room layout could have been a little better for seating. Pretty much have to sit on beds. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom big and ours was clean. Did not like rooms closet being in bathroom. Kitchenette was fine.

Pool could use a few more chairs. One day they were full really early and I had to wait for a lovely blonde woman and her son to leave so that I could have a seat and my child could swim.
Everyone at pool was pleasant and friendly. No awkward outfits or inappropriate activity.
Too many kids under 14 in hot tub with weather in the 90's!

Room next to us the parents let kids BURN POPCORN in microwave and that smell lingered several hours and bled into our room.

One last thing Wifi is spotty. One day I think all the kids checked in were playing Mindcraft or watching Netflix and the Wifi was unavailable the whole day.

Room Tip: IF this review is helpful please click the button.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank quietmanNY
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We enjoy traveling but have two dogs. Most places have restrictions and size/weight limits of animals that are brought with you. Madison Avenue not only welcomed a dog, but dogs. The room was very nice, clean, the staff amazing and we are going back this year as well. For the type of room, the price and the great location to the beach and shopping district, this is a wonderful place for everyone in the family, including the little furry four footed ones. Thank you Madison Avenue Beach Club. See you soon!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I decided last minute to book a room at The Madison. The staff was very pleasant and the rooms were very clean and even had a small kitchenette. Plus there is a grill outside for the guests to use. It is in a great location. I really like the fact that they are pet friendly!!!! I plan on returning very soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jacqui K
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was in Cape May for a weekend with my husband and daughter. We checked all the other hotels in the area, and they were giving us over the top rates. The Madison was very reasonable, but comfortable and clean. They have a kitchenette with microwave and fridge. There is also a pull-out bed that my toddler used. The room is not very large, but, it's neat, so that's great. There's a pool onsite as well. There's patio for each room, with a table and chairs, so you can sit outside.There's a barbecue grill outside that you can use, if you want to do your own cooking. There's no breakfast, but, there's a restaurant that does delivery, so you don't have to go out for breakfast. With the rate, and such a nice location, and clean, comfortable accommodation, the breakfast wasn't a problem for us. There's also a nice park for kids to play next to the motel. This park has a lake, and it's very nice, if you have kids with you. It's also about 15 minutes from Wildwood Boardwalk, so we also visited the boardwalk there, as the boardwalk in Cape May is not as large as Wildwood. We also visited the Cape May Zoo, which is just 15 minutes away as well. This Zoo is free to the public, and very big, with lots of animals, if you go to Cape May with kids. With that being said, we would stay there when we are in the area again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room six on the first floor, as we didn't want to drag the luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Trudy F
Jersey Shore
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Madison Avenue Beach Club while we were planning a wedding in
Cape May. We selected this location because of the fact that we were only sleeping at the
location. Regardless, this place is a very, very good choice for anyone staying in Cape May.
The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are new, clean and have all the amenities
that are needed for any stay, especially in a place as beautiful as Cape May. The pool is
very nice and on site parking are great additions. This place is not very large, so it does
not have all the perks such as a gym or on site restaurant, but you are within walking and
driving distance of the beach and all the major shopping areas. I highly suggest considering
the Beach Club for anyone who wants a comfortable, nice place to stay. My wife and I will
certainly return, especially when we are not working.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business