“New Jersey wedding”

and 1 more site!
Marquis De Lafayette Hotel
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Even though I've been to the Jersey Shore several times, this was my first time in Cape May for a family wedding. We stayed at the Marquis De Lafayette, a beautiful old hotel centrally located to just about everything in the town center. The rooms are spacious and clean with beach views
from every balcony. A real plus is breakfasts are included - everything from omelets how you like to fresh waffles and fruit and any breakfast item imaginable. From the Marquis we could walk across the street to the gorgeous beach, the rehearsal dinner at a great seaside restaurant, or 3 blocks to Convention Hall, a beautiful old hotel for the wedding. The quaint shopping district on Washington Street was also an easy stroll. Cape May is a lovely seaside town with beautiful beaches, great restaurants and lots to do and see. It's a bit pricey, but we ran into several people who make it their yearly destination. I can see why.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony and view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank denise u

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We just stayed this past weekend. Enjoyed the place so much. Great spot across from the beach,wonderful balcony to enjoy. The rooms was very clean and comfortable. Just what we hoped it to be. So easy to walk everywhere. Thank you for the wonderful stay we will be back again next year. The pool was great too. Everything we needed.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor it was great. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marydaly413
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just finished a lovely week in our favorite hotel in our favorite town. Sixth floor views are the best in town, and the location can't be beat. Even though it poured about half the time, we were happy in our immaculate suite with 42" flat screen, dvd, good wifi, and fabulous view while reading and knitting. Just steps to Martini Beach, Merion Inn, Aleathea's and Cabanas. Just steps to car on site to anywhere else! Great breakfast buffet on site (free for most), and dinners available, too.

On the beautiful days we enjoyed our coffee on the balcony watching the dolphins and osprey fishing. Then we used the heated pool before our destination of the day. Many restaurants, shopping, events very close by. Watching the moon rise over the lighthouse with a glass of wine (refrig and glasses in kitchenette) from our private balcony would cap a perfect day.

Comfy king bed, great bathroom with tub/shower, fluffy towels, quiet air handling, ceiling fans and tvs in both rooms -- no wonder after staying in more than 15 different places in Cape May, the sixth floor at the Marquis is the place we come back to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ontheway2cm
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Asked several times for an early check in (including when I made the reservation, as well as several days prior, in addition to the day of) and was told by Jean at the front desk that she would contact me when our room would be ready but she never called us. She said they were busy trying to handle a bus checking in and that was too bad. I oversee 2 hotels in PA and if my staff would have had that sort of response or poor follow-up, I would be very embarrassed. The room was ok, nothing special, fairly clean. In my opinion, not worth the money at all. Will go somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jacob M
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My friend and I along with her dog, stayed at the Marquis for the Memorial Day weekend. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was and how accomodating the staff is. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, the breakfast buffet is top notch (which I might add is free) and the dinner buffet is affordable and very good. And if anyone remembers the old Atlas Inn (that closed to make way for that ostentatious Ocean Club Hotel), some of the staff from the Atlas are now at the Marquis. Great people, friendly staff. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank pooh357
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great ocean views and great location. Most of the staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. One staff member was very rude and probably should not be in customer service. The rooms are very dark and outdated but they are clean and we really enjoyed the balcony. I'd say the price is right for what you get. I probably won't go back because I think there are better hotels and the only reason we booked it was because we were going to bring our dogs but then ended up leaving them home.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Looness33
mevansgm, General Manager at Marquis De Lafayette Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our guests feed back is very valuable to me in ensuring our guests receive the best service and experience possible while staying with us. I am deeply disappointed to hear that a member of my team did not provide you with the friendly service that is come to be expected here at the Marquis de Lafayette Hotel. I understand your time is valuable and ask that if you could please contact me directly regarding this matter. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and potential to earn your business back.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed the third week of May and had a room with a balcony that looked out at ocean. The room also had a refrigerator in it. Breakfast had a nice variety of items to choose from. The linens were of nice quality and the room was clean. This hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, shops and stores. The weather was beautiful, which added to our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple