“Nice Stay”

Marquis De Lafayette Hotel
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just love Cape May and this hotel is smack dab in the center of everything!
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the free breakfast is excellent and the staff are polite, professional and friendly!
My dog JoJo gave it 2 paws up and made allot of new friends over the Easter weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mickey170

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We had to travel to Cape May to handle some business ( it's April and no one is around). Stopped at MDL Hotel to see if we could get a room for one night (6 April) for both of us and our small canine family member. No problem - we got a clean, comfortable room (albeit small), nicely appointed, convenient for our needs and reasonably priced. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redflstfi
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We got a great room on first level with porch and rocking chairs, although our room was very small, this compensated for it. Great breakfast included and lobby full of antiques and character. very nice and nice caretakers - i.e. i forgot my computer charger and they mailed it back to me.

Room Tip: any room is good as each has a porch with rocking chairs. nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fayez l
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel in which we normally stay in Cape May, was booked, so we stayed here. When I entered the room, the first thing I thought was that it was cute, BUT I expected so much more. It was quite outdated, especially the bathroom. There were not enough outlets in the room, and the heater was very loud, and when it was turning off there would be a clicking sound that woke me up. We did have a nice view and even though it was cool, my husband and I sat out on our 2nd floor balcony. Breakfast was included, which was very nice and we enjoyed that. They allow pets, and what is good is the fact that the first floor is where they set aside 17 rooms for those taking their pets. The price for off season was still kind of steep, so I really don't think we would that we would reconsider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele J
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We found this to be the ideal location for the Jazz Festival last November, and are staying here again for the Jazz Festival the end of May. We most recently stayed for the wine school weekend in February.

If you park in the main parking lot, there is a gentle ramp to the lobby level. From there, there are two elevators available to take you to your floor. If you have strollers, wheeled luggage, are using the luggage carts, or just have trouble with stairs, this is great. Many of the hotels in Cape May, even with several stories, do not have elevators.

If you have limited mobility, there is at least one true ADA apartment with a roll-in shower. Otherwise, the only limitation would be getting into a 10 inch high tub to use the shower (ours had a grab bar).

Outstanding ocean front views, central location, ample parking, great breakfast buffet, clean, comfortable and convenient. First floor pet friendly. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We always stay on the new sixth floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ontheway2cm
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I needed a long weekend vacation and this hotel was one of the few on the beach and with a restaurant that was available and the off-season rate was very reasonable. we were on the third floor with a king bed. the room was nice, tho I have to admit I'd be hesitant to pay the in-season rate. we appreciated the built in cubby shelves in the closet and good amount of shelf space in the bathroom. we didn't make a lot of plans for this trip and relied on the front desk staff to direct us to restaurants and bars open in January (we didn't anticipate so many would be closed) and got great recommendations/directions. sure, it's an old place with its quirks but that's what you get with historic inns. If you want to be directly on the beach in cape may you're going to get the noise from the road and nearby bars, esp if your room is on a lower floor. it would have bummed me out if staff hadn't been nice, as stated in other reviews and am glad we didn't have that problem!

Room Tip: if you're sensitive to noise get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank egr2058
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This place is weird. The guy at the desk was really negative and the room had water dripping from the ceiling. The view was nice, but the room was small and I didn't sleep well in the bed. It's also overpriced. I've stayed in small beach motels for less money that were better maintained. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple