We recently stayed at the Wilbraham Mansion for our third year in a row, Our previous stays took place in September, about a week after Labor Day, affording us the benefit of off season rates and a less crowded beach and Washington Street Malll. Still, this trip and the accommodations at the Wilbraham were as enjoyable as the others and a relaxing, memorable way for my wife and I to celebrate our 5yr Anniversary. Like many others who have posted a review here on Trip Advisor, we also stayed in a suite in the newer, three-story building behind the main house. Doug, as he customarily does, handled our check-in and provided recommendations on places to eat and on making reservations (something we hadn't considered on our previous stays since itthey were off season), which proved absolutely necessary for Cucina Rosa and the Blue Pig. Doug made us feel very, very welcome and told us to help ourselves to anything in the kitchen at anytime. He, his wife and staff were also accommodating in that they provided me with a cheese-less option at breakfast. So, each morning, in addition to a wonderful waffle, pancake or french toast a special order of scrambled eggs was made for me to take the place of the egg/cheese item that everyone else was served. I don't know how many establishments would do this (as they also did last year) for their guests and my wife and I appreciated it. It was also pleasant to enjoy our breakfasts with fellow travelers and we had the pleasure of sitting with the same couple a few mornings. The WM is only about a five minute walk to the beach or the Mall and, except for our trip to the Cape May Winery, there was no need to use the car the entire week. Cape May offers so much to do and so many sights to see that a visit is a must. So, after a day at the beach, walking the outdoor mall and enjoying lunch, going for a bike ride, playing mini-golf, or watching a movie on the beach at night, return to a clean, spacious, well-equipped room at the Wilbraham. You won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1840 and enlarged circa 1890s, this beautifully restored B&B is the only one in Cape May to boast an indoor heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Wilbraham Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilbraham Mansion Hotel Cape May
- Wilbraham Mansion Cape May, New Jersey