“Pleasant, no WOW”
Review of Wilbraham Mansion

Wilbraham Mansion
Ranked #10 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very spacious room in 'suites' newer building behind actual mansion. AC excellent, large spa tub and duel shower. Very quiet. Just lots of small steps that would make the price tag seem more palatable...like better towels, bathroom soaps, HD on the flat screen instead of smaller picture, scent sheets and pillows. All acceptable but just barely. Breakfast in main building served family style. Again. Cheap juices, OK coffee, not even 2% or skim milk. Hot breakfast served. Eggs, pancakes, French toast type of things. No choice. Here's what is offering today. Not real welcoming staff, efficient but certainly no one went out of their way to be personable. Met owner Doug one afternoon and we chatted about beautiful garden and plants. About three blocks to beach. Easy walk to main dining, shops on Washington Mall. Even on leaving, not a thank you or pleasantly. All payments are up front, even before we got to the room. Probably look for an alternative place to stay when we are next there in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Top floor in suites. Elevator VERY slow but woks well.
1  Thank Keffco

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at the beginning of July right before the holiday. Took advantage of a special they had by booking by the end of May. This was my first time in a B&B and I loved it. Our room had a private bathroom as I believe all the rooms did. AC was on for us when we arrived. The room wasn't huge but more than sufficient. And spotless clean. TV worked well in the room. Breakfast was served each morning at 9 am - although they ask you about allergies, you should also let them know if there is something in particular that you don't like (like eggs, etc.). Portions were ample and the food was great - I've never had such amazing french toast.

This B&B is an easy walk to the beach - and they provide chairs for you. Plus it is tucked away in a quiet part of town so you don't get any noise from bar/etc. They give you keys to get in after hours, so you don't have to worry about being back at a certain time. The indoor pool was beautiful, but we didn't need to use it because of nice weather. That was one of the reasons I chose this place - because if you are only going for 2 or 3 nights, you might end up with bad weather and the pool is a great option to have just in case.

I was very happy. Owners were friendly. The other guests were as well. I would recommend, especially as a slightly lower cost alternative to the B&B's right on the beach. You can save a few dollars as this B&B was much more reasonably priced than other I looked at, and you probably wouldn't even notice the difference!

Room Tip: If you don't mind some stairs, you can save a few dollars by choosing the rooms on the third flo...
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Wilbraham Mansion last week for some rest and relaxation. The Inn is centrally located to good restaurants, beach, mall etc. Our room was so small, bathroom had been renovated, but the sink was located in the bedroom. They do not have central air conditioning only window AC units and boy are they loud. Breakfast was served rather late between nine and ten and most of the time we didn't get served before 9:30. We never got to meet the Innkeeper, nor did he seek out to meet us. We have stayed at many B&B's and that's part of what you look forward to. On our return visit to Cape May, New Jersey, we will not be staying at the Wilbraham Mansion.

6  Thank Schatzi43
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our stay in the Wilbraham Mansion was a very good experience. We got good instructions how to enter the new building (we arrived very late during a storm) and found a clean, comfortable and spacious room. The stuff went out of their way to accommodate our kosher dietary needs, provided us with food, free access to the kitchen and having a quiet time during breakfast. We appreciate the considerations and hope to be back in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 205, enjoyed the spacious shower and the jacuzzi.
1  Thank yudith g
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say other than they're very hospitable. The room was immaculate and gorgeous. The breakfast got better with every day and the indoor pool was fun. Oh and so was the Jacuzzi in our room. Already recommended to two of my friends one who already booked a room for September.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We just finished our third stay in the past 3 years and was not disappointed.

We stayed in a suite in the newer building 206. Very clean, just as we expected . One complaint that I told Doug was they needed a full size ironing board, the one provided is a tiny bed size version that made it difficult to iron anything.

Food was delicious, French toast to die for! Another complaint , how about fresh squeezed lemonade or brewed iced tea instead of the very sugary out of a can variety that is used.

I'd go again tomorrow if I could but I can't. A little more pampering for their guests would go a long way.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband, daughter (15) & I stayed at the Wilbraham towards the end of June this year. Staying at the Wilbraham is always a wonderful time! We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here in '12, a Mother's Day weekend, a few summer getaways and always look forward to our next visit! Having stayed in both the "Suite Building" and Mansion, I'm not sure which I prefer as both buildings are lovely. Room 10 is our favorite even though there's a good amount of stairs to climb to get there! Well worth it!! Not many B & B's make you feel as welcome as they do at the Wilbraham. The breakfasts are fabulous and the afternoon tea is a nice break after exploring Cape May. We can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family