This was our first visit to NJ and to Cape May. We stayed at La Mer (end of Oct.) to attend a family function and this property was recomomended for our stay. We were given a 2nd floor room at the end of the building that did not provide much of a view, however since the epic noreaster hit during our stay, it really did not make much difference as we could not enjoy the balcony or even the outdoors for that matter. The hotel is centrally located immediately across the street from an extremely large beach area. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to visit this area during the summer months. The room was clean and nice and provided a full size refrigerator along with a microwave for extended stays. Although it is not a 5 star hotel, it was perfectly fine for our needs. The covered parking was appreciated during the inclement weather. There is an onsite restaurant that we enjoyed for breakfast and evening cocktails. Portions were large and prices were reasonable. If we ever get the chance to return to this area I would not hesitate to stay at La Mer again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Go where the sun and sand thrive. Perched at the edge of the beach in Cape May, La Mer Beachfront Inn invites you to soak up the serene spirit of its seaside setting. Cool, ocean breezes beg for days spent lounging in the sun on the beckoning beach, just steps from the hotel's modern, cozy guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Mer Beachfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mer Beachfront Hotel Cape May
- Hotel La Mer Beachfront
- La Mer Beachfront Inn Cape May, New Jersey