“Pleasant Stay at La Mer”

La Mer Beachfront Inn
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Cape May
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This was our first visit to NJ and to Cape May. We stayed at La Mer (end of Oct.) to attend a family function and this property was recomomended for our stay. We were given a 2nd floor room at the end of the building that did not provide much of a view, however since the epic noreaster hit during our stay, it really did not make much difference as we could not enjoy the balcony or even the outdoors for that matter. The hotel is centrally located immediately across the street from an extremely large beach area. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to visit this area during the summer months. The room was clean and nice and provided a full size refrigerator along with a microwave for extended stays. Although it is not a 5 star hotel, it was perfectly fine for our needs. The covered parking was appreciated during the inclement weather. There is an onsite restaurant that we enjoyed for breakfast and evening cocktails. Portions were large and prices were reasonable. If we ever get the chance to return to this area I would not hesitate to stay at La Mer again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank xplq
marakis, Manager at La Mer Beachfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you so very much for the lovely review on our property. Seeing as you are a Senior Contributor, we truly value your words and review. We are so flattered you chose to stay with us while in Cape May and while an epic noreaster may have rained on your parade, we hope you come back to enjoy our long stretch of beach in the sun. Thanks again for the awesome review!

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Dear Manager,
just a little note to tell you how much I enjoyed my recent stay at La Mer. My room was absolutely De Luxe and every thing was spotless including the much appreciated balcony Friendly and welcoming staff all around. Having food and drink right next door at The Pier made the stay even more comfortable since no driving was involved.
I will try to come back and will definitely recommend Le Mer and The Pier to my friends.
Thanks again, Gunda Narang

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gunda N

Thank you so very much the glowing review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us during your ALS Group Meeting. We are also extremely content you enjoyed yourself at The Pier House. We are big fans as well! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Clean, large rooms with very friendly staff. The portions in the restaurant were very large and the food wasvery good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve B

Wow! Thank you so much for the glowing review. We are over-the-moon that you find our hotel as a great place for birders. We love that you found our rooms clean and large and our staff friendly. We are also content you enjoyed your meal at our Pier House restaurant. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 23 October 2011

The people were friendly and most accomodating. I spoke with Kevin and he went out of his way to be sure I had the best room available. Everything was perfect. I had a wonderful time. The room was extra large and clean. The maid service was superb. My 3 year old enjoyed the pool, even in October. The weather was perfect too.I am anxious to return.My only concern was some noise created by partying folks on Saturday night. Every other night was quiet and peaceful.I loved it at La Mer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Wow, wow, wow! Thank you so much for the positively awesome review. We are so excited you discovered us and enjoyed your stay in Cape May. We'll be sure to let Kevin know he did a great job. We love that you found our rooms extra large and clean — we pride ourselves on these notions. We are over-the-moon your 3-year-old enjoyed our pool, too. We hope to see you again and thank you again for the kind words!

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I was in Cape May for a business meeting last week and chose La Mer to stay. I am happy I did. This place was squeaky clean. I mean from the bathroom to the hallways. What was especially appreciated was the air quality.
When the kids microwaved popcorn, I noticed that the room didnt even smell like Pop Corn, They must have some fancy ventilation system or something.
Our room was Ocean Front with a private balcony. Although the windows were understandably a little misty, the view was awesome.
Staff were friendly and accomodating.
Some contruction was going on in the back parking lot , but that did not affect our stay in any way. From the clean air smell to the fantastic view everything about La Mer was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We were in Cape May and decided to spend the evening. We noticed La Mer Beachfront Inn and I checking it on trip advisor on my cellphone.
When we went to check in the people at the desk were so friendly and helpful. we asked for a room overlooking the ocean and we were given a room with a beautiful view and balconey. We enjoyed the area so much we would have liked to stay another night be the Hotel was booked. We look forward to returning. Our visit was August 25, 2011.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Excellent location, best staff (especially Lynn at front desk), great rooms, reasonable rates. I have spent many vacations on the east coast, and this is one of the best. Onsite restaurant, with great food and the friendliest staff, you could ask for. I will continue to book year after year.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are the best.