We have been frequenting Cape May for the past few years, we usually rent a Condo on Jackson Street that has a pool and is in the heart of everything. Because we had not planned to do a 'shore' vacation this year due to our big Disney trip in August, I decided late in May to surprise my husband and 4yr. old twins. I researched the area hotels and La Mer seemed to be available for our original short visit. When I announced the surprise my husband said 'we're only going for 3 nights', so the next day I contacted La Mer and they were very accommodating with adding 2 more nights to our stay. At check in the front desk staff was very friendly in spite of what some earlier reviews may have stated. They were quick to tell us of the hotel perks, free beach tags, Umbrellas & towels provided at the beach and a 10% breakfast discount at their poolside restaurant. The only info they did not tell us was where to get the pool side towels which was at the front office desk. The only complaint we had was that it was such a far walk (about 12 blocks) from our favorite hot dog stand Tommy's and our other favorite eateries that we loved to frequent. With 4 yr. old twins it was a tiring walk especially at the end of the night. The trolley which we used once comes every 25-30 minutes but is NEVER at the same time. So you are guessing and taking a chance when to catch it outside of the hotel. The room was very clean and provided plenty of bath towels and shampoos/ soaps, AC was very noisy but it was expected with an older hotel. A make-up remover towelette was provided which was great, but for only 2 of the 5 nights I was there :( Also wished they would have made up the rooms earlier in the day rather than at 2:30 - 3:00pm we had to hang out at the pool longer while this was being done. Overall it was a great stay and would definitely recommend staying here to friends. Possible suggestion, provide moreTrollies to accommodate guests into town and Washington Street Mall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Go where the sun and sand thrive. Perched at the edge of the beach in Cape May, La Mer Beachfront Inn invites you to soak up the serene spirit of its seaside setting. Cool, ocean breezes beg for days spent lounging in the sun on the beckoning beach, just steps from the hotel's modern, cozy guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your La Mer Beachfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mer Beachfront Hotel Cape May
- Hotel La Mer Beachfront
- La Mer Beachfront Inn Cape May, New Jersey