La Mer Beachfront Inn
Jetty Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$74
Carroll Villa Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$226
Hotels.com
Madison Avenue Beach Club Motel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$102
The Southern Mansion(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$192
Official Site
Montreal Beach Resort(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$156
The Star(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$147
Heritage Inn(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$142
Ocean Club Hotel(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$169
Congress Hall(Cape May)(Great Value!)
US$181
Hotel Macomber(Cape May)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspier houseocean frontacross the streetbeach tagsoceanfront roomcovered parkingfront desk stafffull ocean viewquiet endfull size refrigeratoroff seasonbeach avenuemini kitchenon site restaurantlounge chairscoffee makerbeach access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was our first trip to Cape May. We decided to go away on a Monday and arrived at La Mer on that Friday morning at 9:15am. I had done my research about the amenities and area so we knew we could go to the front desk and obtain beach tags to go the the beach and use the facilities until check in time at 3pm. The front dest staff was great, the management addressed the previous concerns from previous guests stating they felt at though they were not given all the information about amenities. I found the staff to be professional and helpful every time I needed help. We loved that the resort is not in the crazy busy part of Beach Ave. My son and husband walked to the surf shop the first day and enjoyed the walk. We all took the trolley to Washington St shopping area, had dinner and walked back to the resort from there and found it enjoyable. It was great to walk after a great meal and feel the evening beach breeze and watch the moon on the ocean.

The room (ocean panoromic view) was great! Gorgeous view of the beach with a balcony that wrapped around two sides of our room. We had 2 queen size beds and a mini kitchen area with a sink, large counter, microwave, and fridge that was much larger then I thought it would be (held three 1/2 gallon containers in the door and had more then enough room for food and a few freezer items). The major reason I chose this resort was due to the reviews regarding how clean it was (I am a bit of a germaphobe) and proximity to the beach. It did not disappoint on both fronts. It was my husband, our 15 year old son, and me; plenty of space.

We used the trolley to get around instead of driving for the most part. I thought this was terrific, we showed our room key and road free. This allowed us to get around and enjoy ourselves. Some people on the trolley were making rude comments to the elderly driver that were unnecessary. Tip to everyone: if you are an angry malcontent, stay home and don't spread your virus to others who are on vacation to enjoy themselves).

We never used the pool because we spent the entire time on the beach! The resort supplies the full length beach chairs with fitted towels and an additional towel and an umbrella. It was fantastic!! We loved watching the dolphins swim by in the morning. My son was so close to one he almost touched it! The beach staff was terrific, attentive, and extremely helpful. On the Sunday of our stay, two brief downpours rolled through. We just walked to our room, waited it out and when we went back to the beach our chairs were there and we were given dry towels! Not having to pack beach towels and chairs for the trip was PRICELESS!! I saw a comment about the resort being overrun with families and children but I did not have that experience. It may have been when they visited. I actually noticed many couples and groups of adult friends more than children. A note about the review stating the pool was smallish, I noticed all pools in this area are the same; real estate is at a premium, with the beach across the street you don't needs an enormous pool.

The Pier House has a FANTASTIC breakfast! It is not overpriced in relation to any other restaurant that I would go to for a comparable meal. Additionally, the staff walks the beach taking lunch orders that can be delivered to your chair. We did not do this only because we brought groceries for breakfast and lunch, but many people took advantage of the service. By far our best meal was at the Lobster House. We went there on our way home from a few hours in Wildwood. We arrived for dinner at 9:30pm, were seated within 5 minutes and had a fantastic meal.

Advice: no matter where you are going, do your research about the resort, area, amenities, things to do. This helps you to have a great trip and eliminates people who are waiting to check in behind you. It is unreasonable to expect the hotel staff to tell you every detail about everything. TripAdvisor is fantastic to investigate before you travel.

I can't wait to return to this resort, it was well worth the money!

Room Tip: Pay for a beachfront view, and if you can get a panoramic view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Kristin A
marakis, Manager at La Mer Beachfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the thorough and in-depth review. We truly feel as though you captured the essence of our Inn. We love that you found our rooms clean, that you enjoyed our beach amenities, found The Pier House affordable and delicious and our staff warm and friendly.

Often times, people are quick to complain but you managed to take time out of your busy life and share your excellent experience with us and we truly appreciate that.

Lastly, you exude a positively happy and radiant vibe and we love that about our customers!

We hope to see you again. Thanks again for the awesome words — it made our month!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I have never stayed at this hotel in Cape May, but my sister and brother-in-law already booked their room their so we decided to as well. We all arrived at the hotel at 2:00pm on Sunday. We had to wait 20 minutes to check-in even though there were 4 people working at the front desk checking people in. It has to be the slowest check-in process I have seen at a hotel in a very long time. When we actually do check-in we cannot get our room keys because the rooms aren't ready. This I do not understand since check-out is at 11:00am and most hotels allow you to go to the rooms early. They did provide us all with our parking and beaches passes and told us to come back at 3:00pm. We came back at 2:55pm to find the lobby filled with people waiting for their room keys, but none of the rooms were ready which I found hard to believe. My husband and I got our keys at 3:15pm, but my sister didn't get into her room till after 3:30pm.

The rooms themselves are fine. My husband and I had a smaller room (had a mini-microwave, mini-fridge) than my sister who had a great kitchen complete with a microwave, dishes and flatware as well as a huge fridge.

After we got our stuff in the rooms, we all went to the pool. Unfortunately, when we arrived there were no towels. We realized since there are so many kids at the hotel they go fast, so its easier to get them at the front desk every morning. The best part of the hotel is the beach service. With the beach passes provided by the hotel, you go across the street to the beach and they set you up with a nice lounge chair, umbrella and towels. The Pier House restaurant also provides food service on the beach so you don't even have to leave. I would recommend going to the beach in the morning/afternoon and the pool later when the kids have left. I love kids, but the pool is super crowded because of them.

The hotel itself has a lot of parking for its guests and its on the end of the strip so its not loud at night. So overall, the hotel is fine, but nothing spectacular considering the price and expect a lot of families with young children.

Room Tip: I think the rooms that come with "Green Parking" tags are bigger. My husband and I had the "Blue Parking" tag.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sillygirl129
marakis, Manager at La Mer Beachfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to stay at our hotel. We do feel it's important to tress that almost all of the hotels on Cape May have a 3 o' clock check in time. While we do out best to get customers in their rooms sooner, during our busier months 3 o'clock it is. We're sorry if you had to wait a minute later!

We are so happy you enjoyed our beach services...our frozen drinks, beach chairs and umbrellas are bar none!

Again, thanks for reviewing us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

spent a few days during july at la mer with my husband beginning on a monday. Although the hotel is large, modern and convenient it is over run with families and children. the pool which is smallish for such a large resort has mostly shallow water and is constantly brimming with kids and children of all ages at all times.
the rooms are ok and although we asked for a an ocean view on the fourth floor and assured families with young children are not accommodated in that wing, that was not the case. the fitness center was adequate but the spa was no open as advertised.
We had a few problems with the room like a toilet leaking all over the floor and a TV remote which did not work, room phone not working, these issues were addressed and repaired.

Room Tip: top floor ocean front with 2 exposures are the best rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank citisieg

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are sorry you feel our hotel is not for couples but we would have to disagree. We have recently built an entire "couples only" wing which is just thing for people without children.

As for our busy pool, during the summer months families do love flocking to the Jersey Shore so it is quite a commonality to see children at all the neighboring properties as well.

Again, thanks for reviewing us and we are happy you chose to stay with us. We hope you come back!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Great beach vacation with kids. Loved the rooms and the umbrellas and chaise lounge chairs on the beach make this the easiest family vacation ever.

Service response could be better. Had an issue and the response was "I called someone" didn't help.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Valpickle

Thank you so so much for the glowing review! We are over the moon you had a great family vacation here at the La Mer.

We will be sure to share your service review with our service crew.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to review us. Please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We have been frequenting Cape May for the past few years, we usually rent a Condo on Jackson Street that has a pool and is in the heart of everything. Because we had not planned to do a 'shore' vacation this year due to our big Disney trip in August, I decided late in May to surprise my husband and 4yr. old twins. I researched the area hotels and La Mer seemed to be available for our original short visit. When I announced the surprise my husband said 'we're only going for 3 nights', so the next day I contacted La Mer and they were very accommodating with adding 2 more nights to our stay. At check in the front desk staff was very friendly in spite of what some earlier reviews may have stated. They were quick to tell us of the hotel perks, free beach tags, Umbrellas & towels provided at the beach and a 10% breakfast discount at their poolside restaurant. The only info they did not tell us was where to get the pool side towels which was at the front office desk. The only complaint we had was that it was such a far walk (about 12 blocks) from our favorite hot dog stand Tommy's and our other favorite eateries that we loved to frequent. With 4 yr. old twins it was a tiring walk especially at the end of the night. The trolley which we used once comes every 25-30 minutes but is NEVER at the same time. So you are guessing and taking a chance when to catch it outside of the hotel. The room was very clean and provided plenty of bath towels and shampoos/ soaps, AC was very noisy but it was expected with an older hotel. A make-up remover towelette was provided which was great, but for only 2 of the 5 nights I was there :( Also wished they would have made up the rooms earlier in the day rather than at 2:30 - 3:00pm we had to hang out at the pool longer while this was being done. Overall it was a great stay and would definitely recommend staying here to friends. Possible suggestion, provide moreTrollies to accommodate guests into town and Washington Street Mall.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the 4-star review. We feel like your review captured the very essence of what we are about -- providing great accommodations and excellent customer service. We are so happy you were satisfied with our front desk and amenities.

We will see if we can get more frequent trolley for you all!

Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to see you again.