We went to Cape May in April 2013 and decided to mix it up with one nite in a Victorian B&B and another in a motel on the beach. Both were great! We loved La Mer b/c it is across the street from the beach, has a great restaurant/bar "Pier House" attached, staff is super friendly, covered parking, large rooms ( ones with ocean view and balconies are great) and also fridge, microwave and sink in the rooms. This hotel is a bit far from the Washington Street mall but it is an easy 5 minute drive. It is away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds. It is a very large property with over 100+ rooms and they are all spacious and super clean. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The beds are comfortable and the room even had a small table and chairs for eating. This hotel is across the street from the beach and next to Peter Shields House which is a 5 star restaurant. We had a king partial ocean view room with a small balcony and it was heaven. The decor was a bit dated but for the room rate it was worth every penny. Our front desk agent, Lynne, was super friendly and informative. The room rates seem to be comparable if not lower to other motels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Go where the sun and sand thrive. Perched at the edge of the beach in Cape May, La Mer Beachfront Inn invites you to soak up the serene spirit of its seaside setting. Cool, ocean breezes beg for days spent lounging in the sun on the beckoning beach, just steps from the hotel's modern, cozy guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Mer Beachfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mer Beachfront Hotel Cape May
- Hotel La Mer Beachfront
- La Mer Beachfront Inn Cape May, New Jersey