We stayed at the Avondale for three nights in mid July over a weekend. We booked it last minute and the receptionist over the phone was very polite and helpful. Upon check in we were early so we gave them our cell phone number and they called us as soon as it was ready, which was an hr or so before their normal check in time. We stayed on the top floor (thrid) facing the ocean which was great. However, for the price I felt the room could have been more modern/updated. But it was very clean, had a mini refrigerator and rocking chairs for us to sit and stare at the ocean. There is plenty of parking onsite. Pool on the property looked nice, but we didn't utilize it because we spent most of our time across the street on the beach. Plenty of restaurants, eateries and attractions to walk to from this hotel. I would stay here again as long as we could get a better nightly rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You’ll find all our rooms are immaculate and comfortable. We are proud that many of our guests return year after year. Our oceanfront location, friendly atmosphere, proximity to restaurants, shops and sites make Avondale by the Sea an outstanding choice for your stay in Cape May. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Avondale by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avondale By The Sea Hotel Cape May
- Avondale By The Sea Cape May, New Jersey