My husband and I stayed at the Avondale for 6 nights in August. This was our 3rd or 4th stay there, and it continues to be a favorite destination. As has been said, the location is perfect, within walking distance of the beach, restaurants and the Washington Street Mall. The rooms have been updated recently with tile floors, which are a lot more manageable with sand, and they look very nice. We rented a suite, and the rooms were clean and comfortable, if a bit stark, but this is a beach hotel after all. The owner and his family are on site all the time taking care, and their pride of ownership shows. The pool is spotless and well supervised. Breakfast was OK, but I would prefer a few healthier selections. I would continue to highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You’ll find all our rooms are immaculate and comfortable. We are proud that many of our guests return year after year. Our oceanfront location, friendly atmosphere, proximity to restaurants, shops and sites make Avondale by the Sea an outstanding choice for your stay in Cape May. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Avondale by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avondale By The Sea Hotel Cape May
- Avondale By The Sea Cape May, New Jersey