Stayed here on Saturday on the Labor Day weekend on very short notice as we were driving up from the Outer Banks. Arrived by ferry and went straight to hotel to have a swim after the long drive. Got yelled at almost immediately when we got to the pool for jumping in (if you can believe that!). We are both adults and the pool is 8ft deep. The woman yelling at us was not dressed as a hotel employee but apparently is employed by the hotel as the pool Nazi as there were many, many rules concerning the pool. The pool also closes very early - 6pm.
The room itself was okay but dated and had that nasty smell most shore hotels seem to have.
The staff was unfriendly and we were also reprimanded for walking barefoot. The price of the room was first class hotel thievery as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You’ll find all our rooms are immaculate and comfortable. We are proud that many of our guests return year after year. Our oceanfront location, friendly atmosphere, proximity to restaurants, shops and sites make Avondale by the Sea an outstanding choice for your stay in Cape May. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Avondale by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avondale By The Sea Hotel Cape May
- Avondale By The Sea Cape May, New Jersey