“A Family”

The Peter Shields Inn
Ranked #9 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I spent a week at the Inn alone. I am a middle aged woman. I never felt alone - I felt eveyone was my family. The staff made every accommodation for me and the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant.The rooms were beautiful and the food was excellent. My husband and I are having separate vacations this year and mine at the Inn was one of the best weeks of my life. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Cristina

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cristina l
There are newer reviews for The Peter Shields Inn

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We really enjoyed out stay. We were really pleasantly surprised by the service you get. The breakfast is delicious every morning. There are bikes you can use. And, you should definitely try the restaurant at the inn. They have a $50 per guest special prix fixe menu which is worth it. We will definitely go back

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary at the Peter Shields Inn. As third time guests (also married there), once again, the Peter Shields Inn delivered a romantic, memorable stay. Our stay this year, however, far exceeded our expectations. The newly redesigned foyer, restaurant, sun and front porches were absolutely beautiful. The choice of décor included all the elements of paying homage to an earlier time while feeling the infusion of a contemporary flair. The deliberate choice in fabric, colors, furniture and style told us that the Peter Shields Inn had one concept in mind…to make each guest visit filled with class, romance with a touch of nostalgia. Matching the elegance of the inn, was the hospitality of the staff. The familiar face of Ms. Bridgette warmly greeted us and immediately made us feel at home. Mr. Jeff proudly provided a personal tour of the inn; our eyes met each updated detail in awe. Later that evening, we enjoyed exquisite cuisine prepared served by the wonderful and professional staff – our warmest regards to the Chef Carl. After a peaceful night’s rest, we again enjoyed a lovely breakfast, including a variety of fruits and pastries, (and on that day) blueberry pancakes with sausage. The most troubling part of our stay was checking out – we didn’t want to leave! The Peter Shields Inn will always hold a special place in our hearts – I look forward to our next stay, to see the staff we’ve come to know and lose ourselves in the beauty and romance if this historic inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Movie2max
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in January 2012. Cape May is pretty quiet during that time of the year, which provided us with much needed rest and time alone. The house is absolutely beautiful and cozy. Our room had a slight view of the beach (right across the street) and had a warm fireplace that we could control. The service staff was very friendly and engaging. The fresh homemade breakfast was just enough to get us going. The assortment of courtesy snacks in the pantry room and wonderful taffy was a treat. It was just a peaceful experience altogether. The rooms and house are kept clean, very clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbb41206
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at PSI last weekend. What a wonderful place. We will measure every other B+B against this one in the future and it will be difficult to come close to the level of excellence we experienced here.The building itself is lovely and the decor just right. Right across the road from the beach, many rooms with water views. We peeked in other rooms and all are immaculate and decorated in a lovely country fashion. Our bathroom was great and had a large tub with jacuzzi. The place has bicycles that we used to ride to the nature center where we hiked and looked for birds. Later we used the beach chairs provided by the hotel and had an hour or so sitting on the beach-great for an April afternoon! The breakfast was very nice with fresh fruit,yogurt parfaits,warm muffins and a special hot breakfast each day. We had dinner at the restaurant on Saturday evening. A gourmet meal with piano player serenading us throughout the meal and beyond. There is a lobby area with a gas fireplace-nice to sit by and read on a cool afternoon. The wine and cheese at 4:30 was an enjoyable way to meet other guests and relax.

We hope to return in the future. They are getting everything just right here.An absolutely delightful place to stay in Cape May.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angie11111
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I needed some downtime after our daughter's wedding, this is what the doctor order. Peter Shields was a very relaxing place, it was very clean, the staff were wonderful.
The place was beautiful, the food and the service were awesome. I highly recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wallynRichboro
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This mini getaway was sooo needed and the Peter Shields Inn was the perfect location! I booked the Peter Shields Inn for an overnight stay for my mom's birthday - she has always wanted to stay at this beautiful B&B. The Peter Shields Inn was running an amazing $99 special on rooms in March, so we figured it was a nice time to visit, before the crowds head to the beach. Arriving on Sunday, the weather was typical for end of March, overcast and chilly, but the warmth that Bridget's personality brought on, was so appreciated. Bridget is laid back, upbeat, and the perfect hostess. The Inn is appointed in such lovely fashion, and our room was perfect!
We were surprised at how busy the Inn was for March, I think nearly every room was occupied. The wine and cheese reception was a lovely touch, and the full breakfast on the enclosed porch was a nice start to the day.
We dined for dinner at the Peter Shields Inn on Sunday evening. The meal was truly perfect - the oysters were served with a champagne ice that topped the oysters perfectly, the tuna tartare was of top quality sushi, the surf and turf with risotto combined wonderful flavors and the beef tenderloin melted in your mouth. Don't forget dessert - the espresso icecream and date toffee pudding were perfect endings to a fantastic meal. Christophe, our server was top-notch. The decor of the Inn and dining area are so beautiful. And, on Monday morning, the sun arrived, and sitting on the front porch, watching and listening to the Atlantic Ocean made it nearly impossible to checkout. Bridget even offers convincing ideas on how to stay and not have to return to work - if only that were possible! Thank you for providing a perfect getaway retreat for a lovely birthday celebration, and quick refresher!
We will absolutely return, and soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family