“Gorgeous view--amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Gorgeous view--amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I recently dined here for our 15th anniversary. We were seated outside and enjoyed the stunning ocean view. We could hear both the roar of the surf and the beautiful piano music played live in the grand hall. We ordered the chef's tasting menu and almost every item was perfection. The only item that was a miss was the crab risotto underneath my perfectly cooked juicy steak. It was over-salted and too dense to be called a risotto. Also, the reason that I chose the tasting menu was because I enjoy a small variety of dishes as opposed to one large one. In this case, the portions were very large and we had to take home leftovers. This was a bit inconvenient because we had a small hotel fridge. I knew that I wouldn't be eating the leftovers because we were on vacation, but I did take home the steak to my very spoiled pomeranian. My husband and I not only plan to return, but to stay at the inn as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Barb C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had the pleasure of eating at PSI recently. I was a bit early and enjoyed sitting on the front porch waiting for my friends to arrive. We had asked to sit in the dining area in the enclosed porch. We were very comfortable. The food here is very delicious. Some would find it pricey. I found it worth it! The beet salad was very tasty and the crab cakes were made of jumbo lump crab and very little filler. My friends enjoyed their meals as well. We shared the cheese plate and left very full and satisfied. Our server did an outstanding job answering our questions about the menu and attending our every need. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in June, after staying 2 nights at the big hotels/casinos in Atlantic City. This was our first stay at a B&B and it was awesome. The friendliest staff, beautiful rooms, right on the beach, a short walk into town, delicious food. This place was perfect. The free breakfast was delicious, the wine, cheese and veggies every afternoon was delightful, rooms are beautifully decorated, large updated bathroom, complimentary beach chairs, umbrellas, bikes, beach towels. This place has service written all over it and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend Cape May and Peter Shields Inn if you are looking for a nice, upscale beach get-a -way.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

For a special seaside dinner in a Victorian beauty, Peter Shields is a winner. After climbing the grand front staircase, you can dine in the screened front porch or inside in cooler comfort. We had the chefs sampler which included tuna tartar appetizer, corn chowder, hanger steak entree over risotto and panna cotta desert, all for $70 and very tasty.  The service is very cheery and attentive, but the time between courses was a bit long. Many people come here for special occasions and an anniversary celebration was going on in an adjoining room with everyone there dressed to kill. We enjoyed our dinner and even saw dolphins swimming by.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Beautiful old mansion. When a problem occurred, the staff repaired it graciously. Restaurant excellent. Good location across from the beautiful Cape May Beach.

Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Loved this hotel. We arrived tired and dishevelled after a long roadtrip to the very busy hotel and restaurant in the midst of a Friday evening dinner time. We were personally welcomed, were given a gorgeous room, with everything we needed and then had the best dinner in the restaurant. The view the next day was just breathtaking with the seaside just across the road. The location is not downtown, but absolutely accessible to everything. Cape May is just a wonderful place to visit, a treasure, and this hotel offers a personalised, excellent service. Thank you.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I spent a week at the Inn alone. I am a middle aged woman. I never felt alone - I felt eveyone was my family. The staff made every accommodation for me and the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant.The rooms were beautiful and the food was excellent. My husband and I are having separate vacations this year and mine at the Inn was one of the best weeks of my life. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Cristina