My husband and I recently dined here for our 15th anniversary. We were seated outside and enjoyed the stunning ocean view. We could hear both the roar of the surf and the beautiful piano music played live in the grand hall. We ordered the chef's tasting menu and almost every item was perfection. The only item that was a miss was the crab risotto underneath my perfectly cooked juicy steak. It was over-salted and too dense to be called a risotto. Also, the reason that I chose the tasting menu was because I enjoy a small variety of dishes as opposed to one large one. In this case, the portions were very large and we had to take home leftovers. This was a bit inconvenient because we had a small hotel fridge. I knew that I wouldn't be eating the leftovers because we were on vacation, but I did take home the steak to my very spoiled pomeranian. My husband and I not only plan to return, but to stay at the inn as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peter Shields Inn is Cape May's most romantic bed and breakfast. Enjoy the beautiful Cape May ocean views from our porch. Experience the luxurious, high-ceilinged rooms and five-star gourmet meals in our Zagat-rated restaurant. Sumptuous, leisurely breakfasts are included with your stay as well as leisurely afternoon "wine and cheese." Additional amenities include his-and-her bicycles, beach chairs and umbrellas, plush bedding and nightly turndown, and five-star concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Peter Shields Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peter Shields Hotel Cape May
- The Peter Shields Inn Cape May, New Jersey